• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Hollywood ethics

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
Forum Clout
When i first read that i thought nah he’s been in some good stuff. However, i have just looked over Will Smiths filmography and you are right. It’s all pedestrian blockbuster shit or children's movies with the odd “serious” biopic thrown in.

I guess childhood nostalgia is truly a powerful thing, it’s managed to keep Will Smith in work. He’s playing a slave in an upcoming movie based on a “true” story though, i imagine that movie will be subtle and not on the nose at all, i also can’t imagine Will Smith will really ham it up in that. 😒
Will Smith was another actor who had a promising start to his career, but tarnished it by constantly picking bad scripts. Look over his filmography and most of his movies after the 2000's are all shit. He doesn't even have star power to sell a movie anymore. All of his movies that were "hits" after 2010 were all already based on established properties like Suicide Squad. Everything else were all critical and financial flops. Even the King Richard movie was a box office flop.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Forum Clout
. The only serious role I can think of that he was decent in was in Enemy of the State.

That was it. That's his one good movie. You're right.

Here's the problem with Smith and most modern actors: they only play themselves. Now for those of you cultured out there, you might argue even classic actors did the same thing, like Cary Grant or possibly John Wayne, but I disagree: they played a type. They were typecast to play roles in the same way, but you'd bet your ass that's not who they really are. Fuck, Cary Grant never even knew who he really fucking was, he got so wrapped up in being the performance.

BUT, Ben Affleck? Always Ben Affleck. Norm, while we loved him, was always Norm. And Will Smith, even as fucking Ali, I will contend is ALWAYS Will Smith.

Every once in a while though, they can pull something out of there ass and you don't see the actor anymore, like I can't see Ledger in his Joker at all. And Enemy of the State, Will actually gives a damn good performance. There's moments you're reminded that he's Will Smith though, so he's not consistent, but I'll give him credit.

I wish I had a show tonight, I'm getting way too rambling over a weak actor.

Cuphead

Forum Clout

Here's the problem with Smith and most modern actors: they only play themselves. Now for those of you cultured out there, you might argue even classic actors did the same thing, like Cary Grant or possibly John Wayne, but I disagree: they played a type. They were typecast to play roles in the same way, but you'd bet your ass that's not who they really are. Fuck, Cary Grant never even knew who he really fucking was, he got so wrapped up in being the performance.

BUT, Ben Affleck? Always Ben Affleck. Norm, while we loved him, was always Norm. And Will Smith, even as fucking Ali, I will contend is ALWAYS Will Smith.

Every once in a while though, they can pull something out of there ass and you don't see the actor anymore, like I can't see Ledger in his Joker at all. And Enemy of the State, Will actually gives a damn good performance. There's moments you're reminded that he's Will Smith though, so he's not consistent, but I'll give him credit.

Last time Will Smith tried to do a movie where he wasn't playing a character like himself it was an embarrassment. He sounds like a lower pitch Dr. Owen.

TorqueWheeler

An enormous amount of muscle.
Forum Clout

I would argue that Affleck only found a level of comfort when he was cast to essentially play himself after several movies where he was cast to be someone he simply isn’t. You’re spot on about Will though. Will Smith was a charisma machine and nothing more. Once that dried up he’s a big name plugged into things he can’t offer anything extra to.

TorqueWheeler

Forum Clout
Pretty sure they only gave him the Oscar to avoid another "Oscars So White" controversy. I looked at the trailer and he's once again just playing Will Smith except this time he's a dad.
The second the movie came out I had faggots telling me "This is Will's Oscar!" For what it's worth I voted for Denzel but I wasn't particularly impressed by any of the nominees this year and would have gone with someone completely different if I could have.

Cuphead

Forum Clout
The second the movie came out I had faggots telling me "This is Will's Oscar!" For what it's worth I voted for Denzel but I wasn't particularly impressed by any of the nominees this year and would have gone with someone completely different if I could have.
Yeah it was a weak year awards wise, but I did enjoy The Tragedy of Macbeth. Denzel should've gotten it. I didn't even see the rest of the nominees

UnPRePared

Forum Clout

Denzel got robbed. He's one of the few who can act circles around people. Always been impressed by him.

And cheesy or not, I fucking love The Equalizer.

TorqueWheeler

Forum Clout
Denzel got robbed. He's one of the few who can act circles around people. Always been impressed by him.

And cheesy or not, I fucking love The Equalizer.
It's shit but I still kind of love it too.

I’m going to edit here and add against my better judgement that Denzel is absolutely against the whole woke thing, won’t shit on someone for having different opinions and understands as well as anyone that white people made him. Even if deep down he has some militant nig shit going on he doesn’t show it professionally and he’s a fucking fantastic actor.

UnPRePared

Forum Clout

I’m going to edit here and add against my better judgement that Denzel is absolutely against the whole woke thing, won’t shit on someone for having different opinions and understands as well as anyone that white people made him. Even if deep down he has some militant nig shit going on he doesn’t show it professionally and he’s a fucking fantastic actor.

Denzel is a stand up guy. I've heard he's a hard ass, but you know what? Who cares, I think he's just a serious guy about what he believes in and goes.

I have my bad days, and in rehearsals, I'm not hard on my band when they mess up but I'm VERY hard on myself. It's funny, I look at what we do as just fun that we hit on successfully with dumb luck (well, moreso in my case), so I'll roll with any little flub they make. But I curse at myself when I do it, which is why I worked so hard to make sure I didn't forget any lyrics in Affalter last night.

TorqueWheeler

Forum Clout
Denzel is a stand up guy. I've heard he's a hard ass, but you know what? Who cares, I think he's just a serious guy about what he believes in and goes.

I have my bad days, and in rehearsals, I'm not hard on my band when they mess up but I'm VERY hard on myself. It's funny, I look at what we do as just fun that we hit on successfully with dumb luck (well, moreso in my case), so I'll roll with any little flub they make. But I curse at myself when I do it, which is why I worked so hard to make sure I didn't forget any lyrics in Affalter last night.
He’d probably deny it now because he has to but he’s a Cosby era black. He doesn’t think white people owe him anything. Will mentioned the advice Denzel gave him but the underlying message was “don’t fuck this up by keeping it real.” That Chappelle skit dug deep for those who understand they had something to lose. Denzel let’s his mouthy cunt wife walk all over him because at the end of the day he’s Denzel Motherfuckin’ Washington and he can do whatever the hell he wants. Won’t catch Denzel slapping a nigger or soliciting a prostitute. He’s too smart for it.

Mr-Wrinkle-Paws

My name's Henry. And you're here with me now
Forum Clout
EU7vTcT.png

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
Forum Clout

I’m happy to hear that about Denzel. He’s a tremendous actor. I’ve heard he’s tough but it sounds like it’s because he has high expectations of himself.

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
I don’t know what the fuck he’s talking about

me neither, I’d honestly rather kill myself than watch a new movie. I don’t watch anything anymore. It’s all absolute dog shit. How many times will fully grown men be excited about star wars or marvel? It’s beyond my comprehension. It’s all the same fucking shit stupid.

And they’re obviously all pedophiles.

Heyfellas

Where we at with the where we at?
Forum Clout
me neither, I’d honestly rather kill myself than watch a new movie. I don’t watch anything anymore. It’s all absolute dog shit. How many times will fully grown men be excited about star wars or marvel? It’s beyond my comprehension. It’s all the same fucking shit stupid.

And they’re obviously all pedophiles.
I’ve ascertained that people think Leto grooms chicks I guess so chimping out and slapping someone in public to protect your black queen is better than that?

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
I’ve ascertained that people think Leto grooms chicks I guess so chimping out and slapping someone in public to protect your black queen is better than that?

It’s weird because Pat is a consoomer npc who is obsessed with celebrities and Hollywood and entertainment media. So what the fuck is he talking about?

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
Forum Clout
The woke take is it‘a wrong to ever insult a black bitch because America is too hard on black bitches as it is, so Will was right to stick up for a Kween. Fatty copies the speech and politics of black bitches, to the point he considers himself a YASS KWEEN who should never be told No.