• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Has anyone been to rehab?

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
Forum Clout
"Couple times a week" is rehab worthy?

chris-rock-slow-down.gif

I'm surrounded by functional alcoholics. If you don't start drinking in the car on the way to work and only stop when you finally pass out at 3am then don't worry about it, bud.
I drink every night but don't start until after 6 but usually end up falling asleep in my chair. How bad an alchie am I?

Harry Powell

Bruce is more helpful to Defendants than Plaintiff
Forum Clout
Is it helpful at all? Have some difficulty with booze lately
How much is it effecting your daily life and how hard have you tried stopping?

I went to a rehab in St. Louis. I was forced to go or lose my career. It was one of the most enjoyable 30 days of my life despite withdrawal from meth, benzos, and heroin simply because I was away from my daily life and my wife.

There’s no secret magic at rehab. It’s just addiction counselors, group therapy, AA shit, and possible supervised detox / medication.

The real benefit of rehab is that you are completely pulled out of your daily life and routine for 30 days.

How beneficial that will be for you is down to the individual.

All of that being said I do not think I would ever go to rehab voluntarily again unless I was at rock bottom.

At the level your describing in this thread, I would be investigating private therapy / detox / naltrexone/ etc.

Forum Clout
I once knew this guy that failed a drug test at his job, for weed. They made him go to rehab to keep his job. So they had one of those meetings where everyone shares their addiction stories. There's the girl who blew guys for pills, the guy who poured meth straight into his open sores, the alcoholic who woke up every morning vomiting blood. Then they get to him and he says "I'm ___ and I like smoking weed, so I need to do this to keep my job". They all started berating him, calling him a fraud and etc. So he said fuck the job, and left rehab the next morning.

stillreal2medammit

Fuck you Steve
Forum Clout
I once knew this guy that failed a drug test at his job, for weed. They made him go to rehab to keep his job. So they had one of those meetings where everyone shares their addiction stories. There's the girl who blew guys for pills, the guy who poured meth straight into his open sores, the alcoholic who woke up every morning vomiting blood. Then they get to him and he says "I'm ___ and I like smoking weed, so I need to do this to keep my job". They all started berating him, calling him a fraud and etc. So he said fuck the job, and left rehab the next morning.

I think some places will do the rehab thing to CYA about firing someone with an addiction, and once they finish they just find some reason to fire that person anyways.