• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Has anyone been to rehab?

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
Forum Clout
My parents tried to take me to rehab when I was like 22 for booze. I agreed to go hear what it was all about and this hippie bitch was talking about how I'd have to interact with the other junkies and do group counseling and shit. I was like "You're just setting me up to go to jail. If I'm trapped with a bunch of wigger losers I guarantee I'll assault one." And I refused to do it.

eggfeller

Franklin Delano Child
Forum Clout
booze can make you feel like a bitch & like you need outside intervention for what amounts to a simple mustering of willpower. your intake sounds pretty tame anyways. i went to voluntary outpatient rehab at the suggestion of my lawyer just to lessen a dwi sentence & it was bullshit. i see zero value to group counseling. it’s just dumbasses having the same cliched conversations over & over again. AA is even worse. i can’t fathom why people claim it helps them. get a handle on it on your own if you think it’s a problem. definitely better than letting it get to a point where the law gets involved

Turk February

Our experiences exceed yours.
Forum Clout
Catch it early, you don't want to end up 33 years old covered in piss walking off an airplane realizing you're homeless now, staying with a discord friend because you've burnt every other bridge in your life and even then getting kicked out pretty fast cuz at 50 drinks a day your body isn't working the way it should, winding up in a homeless shelter forced to listen to other men jerk off as you drift off into nightmares that are barely worse than your reality, knowing you will wake up and always be alone, and worse yet, you completely deserve it. At least I heard that can happen.

Edit: rehab won't do much but your body will appreciate the break even if your mind will hate you for it

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Forum Clout
Catch it early, you don't want to end up 33 years old covered in piss walking off an airplane realizing you're homeless now, staying with a discord friend because you've burnt every other bridge in your life and even then getting kicked out pretty fast cuz at 50 drinks a day your body isn't working the way it should, winding up in a homeless shelter forced to listen to other men jerk off as you drift off into nightmares that are barely worse than your reality, knowing you will wake up and always be alone, and worse yet, you completely deserve it. At least I heard that can happen.

Edit: rehab won't do much but your body will appreciate the break even if your mind will hate you for it
Yup.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
Forum Clout

Nah, you do deserve better than that. An existence like that is for people that basically have rodent brains. You seem particularly intelligent and thoughtful so that's gotta be hell.

Turk February

Our experiences exceed yours.
Forum Clout
Nah, you do deserve better than that. An existence like that is for people that basically have rodent brains. You seem particularly intelligent and thoughtful so that's gotta be hell.
That was very kind. Thanks. But @Chiseler is right, it's what you make of it, even if it's not a California vacation. Even my shitty collapse could be seen as a rare and golden opportunity - when else in my adult life will I have a roof over my head and meals guaranteed while I get to spend all day with nothing to focus on other than self cultivation and improvement. I wouldn't, like, recommend it, but it is what it is, and it exists for a reason, being, some people sometimes need that.

TorqueWheeler

An enormous amount of muscle.
Forum Clout
Couple times a week if not every day
"Couple times a week" is rehab worthy?

chris-rock-slow-down.gif

I'm surrounded by functional alcoholics. If you don't start drinking in the car on the way to work and only stop when you finally pass out at 3am then don't worry about it, bud.