• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

For anyone who has a real job, are you afraid to talk at work?

EraGodless

Forum Clout
My company is big into all that diversity shit. Apparently, this is Asian Pacific and Jewish heritage month. Got a company wide letter from the CEO saying that racism is still active today and we all need to do our part to eliminate hate blah blah blah...

I just try to keep my head down and hope no one notices me.
Screenshot_20230522_190103_Twitter.jpg

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
Forum Clout
Depends on to who. I’ll make small talk with anyone who initiates it for the most part. There’s only a few coworkers that I genuinely like talking to. I do however watch the way I joke and refrain from it for the most part. The one gay younger guy gets gay jokes made to his face and he’s cool with it but I just leave that one alone.

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
Forum Clout
Afraid? No, but I don’t even attempt to be funny or personable. I sit around 5 women so I never let my guard down and never will. Anytime I crack a joke, it’s at my own expense.

Everybody thinks I’m generally autistic so I just do my best to be surface level nice and helpful. I also compliment how great their ideas and perspectives are, which women really seem to appreciate for some reason, even the bosses.

My only other interests are golf and this place so there’s literally nothing else to talk about outside of work.

I will say it’s worked out pretty well thus far. Anytime I got close to coworkers in the past, it was always the ones the executives hated so it’s nice being liked without having to do my hilarious Dice impressions all day long.

TheNanaDook

Forum Clout
My current job is all into the DEI, support trans rights, etc, reddit flavor-of-the-month NPC garbage. I’m fortunate enough to work remote, and for a guy who is low key racist and my friend of a decade, and also the only guy the CEO trusts to get anything done.

I can say, with 100% certainty, that the he/him she/her email signature people are invariably the most useless, unredeemable people at the company. Every time someone screws up, misses a deadline, or gets us in legal or compliance trouble, it’s always he/him/she/her/they/them. I took pleasure in watching those people get laid over during the last 6 months recession. Even rainbow flag companies with massive DEI operations know they have to pull the plug on that trash when your weeks away from not being able to pay the lease on your operations building.

So yeah i don’t talk about anything important or personal to anyone.

G

This entire thread summarized:

Screenshot 2023-05-23 at 5.34.21 AM.png

How do you know if you're a non player character?
You only engage in conversation when somebody else starts it first....
making retail wagies uncomfortable is some of the most good hearted fun you can have...
food for thought.. live laugh love.

Last edited by a moderator:

DMAN

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
My HR lady is black so she always sides with me. That's why if any stupid whore tries to play victim the company knows I'm innocent because they know how I am... As I said before, I don't even say hello to people I see everyday. I try to go out back doors and side exits to avoid chatterboxes. I keep to myself and if anything I am usually the victim of some stupid old bitch trying to tell me how to style my hair or telling me to smile and whatnot. No bitch.

At a certain point when you see people literally every day you will go insane doing that hello shit habitually. I'll talk to you when/if our jobs ever necessitate us collaborating, until then, ignore me until I have something to say to you.

It's different if I have chemischree with you. I'm lucky that my co-workers are mostly gen x and older millennials who say "retard" and other no no words which is refreshing. And after meetings we can mock the people we were just talking with after they leave. What I like about them is they will be anti-vax and anti-mask, but then they'll turn around and be pro gay pride parade, and pro-CRT, etc. which just makes me feel smarter than them knowing they are half brainwashed still but reasonable enough to talk shit with.

Straight spic males, and old spic women are funny and will be racist to people, or at least banter about others you work with. With black women, you have to build up a rapport with them until they become fun to talk to. Before you get to know them, black women are excruciating to deal with and they will make every little minute detail difficult. But once they like you, they are hilarious. White women have always been the holes "that's racist!!!" etc. but sometimes you'll get a cool one but they always try way too hard and are cringeworthy. Asians? Stiff, boring, avoid.

Forum Clout
My friend got fired from a decent job because he said a joke in the breakroom that some faggot overheard. Nice knowing your audience, stupid.

I let people say offensive shit to me first- just to feel them out. Once they do so, I may unleash some of my comedy stylings.

My friend tried to solicit (what he thought was) a black tranny, and basically got assaulted when it turned out to be a woman. He then went on Twitter and uffHENDED some people, and that was it for his career pretty much.

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
Forum Clout
My HR lady is black so she always sides with me. That's why if any stupid whore tries to play victim the company knows I'm innocent because they know how I am... As I said before, I don't even say hello to people I see everyday. I try to go out back doors and side exits to avoid chatterboxes. I keep to myself and if anything I am usually the victim of some stupid old bitch trying to tell me how to style my hair or telling me to smile and whatnot. No bitch.

At a certain point when you see people literally every day you will go insane doing that hello shit habitually. I'll talk to you when/if our jobs ever necessitate us collaborating, until then, ignore me until I have something to say to you.

It's different if I have chemischree with you. I'm lucky that my co-workers are mostly gen x and older millennials who say "retard" and other no no words which is refreshing. And after meetings we can mock the people we were just talking with after they leave. What I like about them is they will be anti-vax and anti-mask, but then they'll turn around and be pro gay pride parade, and pro-CRT, etc. which just makes me feel smarter than them knowing they are half brainwashed still but reasonable enough to talk shit with.

Straight spic males, and old spic women are funny and will be racist to people, or at least banter about others you work with. With black women, you have to build up a rapport with them until they become fun to talk to. Before you get to know them, black women are excruciating to deal with and they will make every little minute detail difficult. But once they like you, they are hilarious. White women have always been the holes "that's racist!!!" etc. but sometimes you'll get a cool one but they always try way too hard and are cringeworthy. Asians? Stiff, boring, avoid.

I’ve never had a conversation with HR about anything outside of onboarding when I get hired and offboarding when I leave. Why do you keep going in front of HR?

Actually, don’t answer that. I know why.

You’re still hilarious :image_9253:

JoshFromMichigan

I miss Norm
Forum Clout
Once it all went remote, it wasn't 'just a hang' anymore. Everything is done by email or over Teams so it's not smart to say anything non-work related. I also have a reputation for being very busy with work so that keeps a lot of inane chit-chat away. Most people start by saying "I'm sorry, I know you're busy, but..." which is nice.

Prince Bvstin

Forum Clout
You can usually form a good relationship with a small number of people. I'd say from a group of 20 maybe one will be reasonable. I worked with a Ukrainian and 2 Indian women last year. The Ukrainian used to laugh hysterically, hold his nose and say "curry poossey" whenever they left the room. I got along just fine with him. He's about the only person since before Covid that I'd bothered to keep in touch with outside of work. He gets a lot of shit about his hometown being occupied by Russians and half of it getting blown to rubble, aside from threatening to stab me with a screwdriver once he takes it all in good fun.

G

Not afraid so much as I don't see the point. I probably should do it more just to keep my conversation skills from getting rusty, but generally not in the mood. Most of them are nice enough, but the conversations I overhear are so milquetoast and uninteresting why even bother? The ones that talk the most will be babbling about faggoty Marvel movies, predictable cornball reddit opinions on current events or 5th grade potty humor (I don't mind lowbrow but at least make it funny). One time I heard two dorks talking and it went something like this:

Dork 1: blah blah blah Ellen Page
Dork 2: [interrupting] Dude, it's Elliot Page
Dork 1: Oh my bad. Elliot Page

The younger ones all talk like wiggers too. It used to be something you'd get made fun of for doing. Now it's the norm. It stinks and I don't like it.
Elliot-Page-Shows-Off-Abs-Trans-BB-First-Swim-Trunks-Photo-001.jpg

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
Forum Clout
I’ve never had a conversation with HR about anything outside of onboarding when I get hired and offboarding when I leave. Why do you keep going in front of HR?

Actually, don’t answer that. I know why.

You’re still hilarious :image_9253:
The HR lady about my age gave me her phone number to send her a picture of something because “it was easier than emailing her.” I obliged then immediately deleted her number. Nothing good can come of having that number in my phone.