• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Finished Red Dead 2 a while back.

PogromStallone

Give Me Some Money
Forum Clout
It was not that good.
I hate games that hold your hand the entire time, it's not any different from tracing some gameplay you saw on YouTube.
All you need is to be told to rob a train and then you should figure out the rest for yourself.
With RDR2 it's;
Explicit instructions on how to get to the train.
Go up to the metal door.
Press L1 to equip dynamite.
Press R2 to place dynamite.
Walk a few steps back.
Press L1 to equip rifle.
Press R2 to fire at the dynamite.
Enter the room.
Press triangle to loot.
Press triangle to loot.
Press triangle to loot.

What's the point of even playing.

Easily_Remembered

"And young. So young."
Forum Clout
It was not that good.
I hate games that hold your hand the entire time, it's not any different from tracing some gameplay you saw on YouTube.
All you need is to be told to rob a train and then you should figure out the rest for yourself.
With RDR2 it's;
Explicit instructions on how to get to the train.
Go up to the metal door.
Press L1 to equip dynamite.
Press R2 to place dynamite.
Walk a few steps back.
Press L1 to equip rifle.
Press R2 to fire at the dynamite.
Enter the room.
Press triangle to loot.
Press triangle to loot.
Press triangle to loot.

What's the point of even playing.
Because people today are fragile and everything - not just games - has to be on easy mode.

PogromStallone

Give Me Some Money
Forum Clout
Because people today are fragile and everything - not just games - has to be on easy mode.
There was some interview with a developer who talked about how test audiences really dumbed down their game. They had to play through some cave and at one point the path split in two. If you took the left road, it would lead you on some goose chase and then you'd just end up where you started: the point where you had to choose between right and left. Test audiences for some reasons couldn't understand this so they just kept picking left and did the exact same thing like five times in a row. So they had to add in a bunch of hints that you were supposed to choose right.

HeyItsVos

Forum Clout
A game like RDR2 is really only selling you a story. I wanted to see how it ended so I stuck it out. (Kind of silly since it’s a prequel and I know how things turn out going in).

I guess some of the hunting was challenging. At least trying to get undamaged pelts of some of the smaller animals. But that also became tedious.

I guess what I’m saying is you get out of the game what you want and none of these should ever be purchased at full price.

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
Forum Clout
RDR2 is one of those games I've tried to get into about 3 times and I always just stop playing when you get to that first town - Valentine I think it's called. It just takes so fucking long to even get to that point and that only feels like the very beginning of the game starting properly. I get that it's going for a more realistic tone but the arcadey feel of the first game felt way more fun.

I'll probably go back to it at some point though.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Forum Clout
I can’t stand the tedious shit in games like this.

I like ultra-linear story-heavy games. I think Dead Space 1/2 and God Of War (not really open world) are GOAT-tier
God of Bore blows. Nice forced walk and chats that you can't skip because they are just long load screens, stupid. Nice characters that won't shut the fuck up and constantly have Marvel tier dialogue, stupid. Nice annoying faggot kid who won't shut up, stupid. Nice main character who grunts after every swing loudly, stupid. The only game more overrated is The Last of Us.

Harry Powell

Bruce is more helpful to Defendants than Plaintiff
Forum Clout
God of Bore blows. Nice forced walk and chats that you can't skip because they are just long load screens, stupid. Nice characters that won't shut the fuck up and constantly have Marvel tier dialogue, stupid. Nice annoying faggot kid who won't shut up, stupid. Nice main character who grunts after every swing loudly, stupid. The only game more overrated is The Last of Us.
I loved TLOU… 1 AND 2

Forum Clout
It's ironic that, in a game that sells itself on 'realism', you can't solve problems like you would do in reality unless the designers want you to. Every mission consists of you riding somewhere, having something go wrong, and shooting your way out in a panicked escape. Wouldn't it be more fun to be able to affect whether or not stuff goes wrong in the first place? It's like the polar opposite of Deus Ex.

Last edited:

Lamont & Tonelli

Brevity is... wit.
Forum Clout
I only play open world games to explore, personally
This guy gets it. I've put thousands of hours into Fallout New Vegas, and I think I've finished the story maybe three times. I got it absolutely stuffed with mods so I can just fool around in the wasteland doing extracurriculars forever. Ditto GTA online, I like to just drive around listening to podcasts or ona clips, watching the hackers cause chaos or just enjoying the driving physics out on some empty back road.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Forum Clout
This guy gets it. I've put thousands of hours into Fallout New Vegas, and I think I've finished the story maybe three times. I got it absolutely stuffed with mods so I can just fool around in the wasteland doing extracurriculars forever. Ditto GTA online, I like to just drive around listening to podcasts or ona clips, watching the hackers cause chaos or just enjoying the driving physics out on some empty back road.
I beat the GTA 5 storyline on PS3 in the few weeks before they launched online. I've had the same character online for PS3 PS4 and PS5 and didn't touch the storyline since I beat it on PS3. Few thousand hours of playtime for me between all the platforms. I can play that game and enjoy myself just about everytime. I've never played on PC so never dealt with major hackers fucking around.

I'm solely looking forward to GTA 6 strictly for it's newest version of GTA Online. I'll beat the shitty mostly likely woke storyline just because it's tradition for me. I've beaten even GTA except GTA London 1961 because I didn't have a PC. I did beat 1969 on PS1 though.

I can't even feel like I can call myself a gamer since I'm just a GTA fan. I only played sports games and crash bandicoot until I first played GTA 1 and ever since then I knew it was the only game I would ever need. I always imaged the online aspect even back before it existed. I would call my friend who was also hooked to GTA 1 and we would talk about how cool it would be to play the game together and complete missions and mess around.

Now I do the same fucking thing on GTA online with the same exact person almost 26 years later. It's unreal how much that series has been a part of my life.