Dave Chappelle - The Closer Netflix special

Not a Chappelle fan. This guy is world famous and lives better than any light-skinned man I know, but uses his platform to talk about the plight of the dark-skinned. It's dirty, malignant narcissism at its worst. The subtext is, "Here I am, the best/most popular comedian in the world in spite of the fact that this country is populated by racists who want me dead, that's how good I am." This same subtext carries over to any black of significant influence ; his success is predicated on denying his built-in advantage while attacking the majority culture and claiming all ills are on their hands. It's the sort of thing that'll give you anger issues, the Woke just don't play fair at all.

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
It’s sad but comedy is just about dead, new comedians aren’t even trying to be funny. They go up and cry about how they hate white men (while usually being white men) and then repeat democrat talking points for cheap applause. They go up, yell at white men are evil (cheer) women should have abortions (cheer) CRT is needed in school (cheer) society NEEDS to do better (Cheer) Biden is great because Trump sucks (Cheer) and for the big finish yell BLACK LIVES MATTER! And everybody has to cheer or else they are are part of the problem.
or for the big finish, they talk about how they got Roiped by an Abo

P

potatopeeler63

I miss when comedy was just a guy (sorry, gals, but it's true) who stood up in front of a crowd and told jokes. Maybe they recorded it and showed it on the old boob tube. It didn't need slick production, a trailer, or a hint of anything profound. It was there because maybe you and others just needed a laugh. What do I know? I leave it up to the big muckety-mucks. Container of coffee and a bucket of fried chicken.
Whaaaaaaaat, you didnt think norton getting bent over and spanked by deniro was hilarious? tssss

I miss when comedy was just a guy (sorry, gals, but it's true) who stood up in front of a crowd and told jokes. Maybe they recorded it and showed it on the old boob tube. It didn't need slick production, a trailer, or a hint of anything profound. It was there because maybe you and others just needed a laugh. What do I know? I leave it up to the big muckety-mucks. Container of coffee and a bucket of fried chicken.
You got that right. "Gee, it really made me think..." great, but maybe I don't always want to constantly think about the dreadful plight of the oppressed. People used to laugh their balls off watching Tim fucking Conway making Harvey fucking Korman break character. There was nothing to "think about" which was the whole goddamned point.

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
It wasn't terrible but wasn't great. Even the stuff I agreed with, like the bit on MeToo actresses, didn't have enough jokes. At least Sticks & Stones was funny so I could feel like the haters were just uptight. With this one, hating it is more fair because it wasn't funny if you disagreed with the point he had.

That ending story was a nice moment, tobehonestwichya.