Dave Chappelle - The Closer Netflix special

G

I miss when comedy was just a guy (sorry, gals, but it's true) who stood up in front of a crowd and told jokes. Maybe they recorded it and showed it on the old boob tube. It didn't need slick production, a trailer, or a hint of anything profound. It was there because maybe you and others just needed a laugh. What do I know? I leave it up to the big muckety-mucks. Container of coffee and a bucket of fried chicken.

PogromStallone

Give Me Some Money
There were two white ham planets, one with pink hair, a few rows from the front of the stage. I found myself constantly looking at them to see if they were pissed by the material, but to their credit, they went along with (most of) it.
There's a shot where the entire audience is laughing and they're sitting there stonefaced, lol.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
I remember when Dave Chappelle wasn't around for a decade and decided to put a special on Netflix and now he has one every year?

I find him funny, but I'm gonna pass. White people are so desperate to show admiration for blacks that they pretend that he's some sort of God. It gets annoying.

We get it Dave. Black people are black and white people are white.

G

I can't wait to watch it and instantly forget all the jokes because they barely stay relevant between recording and being released. Someone how the lame takes I've heard a thousand fucking times are meant to be funny when someone famous for being funny does them on stage.

"Yo, anyone remember 2020 an' err'body be like Can't wait until next year when I don't have to wear a mask no more!" (look at audience sideways, droop mic)

Richard Pryor is still funny even when I know his routine inside and out. I have almost zero experience of anything he says about his life and yet he makes it hilarious and understandable even decades later.

The one fucking time in modern history that comics could've been useful to people, and had a platform to widely reach people instantly, and they're all "Let me tell you about people who don't vote like me" or "I can't be funny without an audience" and "I'm dissecting this art-form instead of being funny. Sorry you're not keeping up but it's not my job to educate you in how laughter works in 2021".

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
I can't wait to watch it and instantly forget all the jokes because they barely stay relevant between recording and being released. Someone how the lame takes I've heard a thousand fucking times are meant to be funny when someone famous for being funny does them on stage.

"Yo, anyone remember 2020 an' err'body be like Can't wait until next year when I don't have to wear a mask no more!" (look at audience sideways, droop mic)

Richard Pryor is still funny even when I know his routine inside and out. I have almost zero experience of anything he says about his life and yet he makes it hilarious and understandable even decades later.

The one fucking time in modern history that comics could've been useful to people, and had a platform to widely reach people instantly, and they're all "Let me tell you about people who don't vote like me" or "I can't be funny without an audience" and "I'm dissecting this art-form instead of being funny. Sorry you're not keeping up but it's not my job to educate you in how laughter works in 2021".
It’s sad but comedy is just about dead, new comedians aren’t even trying to be funny. They go up and cry about how they hate white men (while usually being white men) and then repeat democrat talking points for cheap applause. They go up, yell at white men are evil (cheer) women should have abortions (cheer) CRT is needed in school (cheer) society NEEDS to do better (Cheer) Biden is great because Trump sucks (Cheer) and for the big finish yell BLACK LIVES MATTER! And everybody has to cheer or else they are are part of the problem.

I’m on YouTube often and get suggestions for comedy videos that I never watch because it’s shit. They had a promoted clip from a recent Seth Meyers show where he’s STILL doing Trump jokes. Still! He’s not even president for close to a year but they’re still beating a dead horse. Once the older guys in stand up die it’s all over for comedy.