• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Crazy shit your parents told you when you were young.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
Forum Clout
I used to hate blowing my nose for some reason when I was a young kid. I'd just honk back the snot and swallow it, much to my mother's dismay.

One day she evidently had enough. She told me that if I did it, I might end up like a friend of hers' son. He had always done the same, she told me, and had started to get very bad headaches.

His mother had taken him to the doctor, who had apparently decided to skip the x-rays and CT scans I hadn't heard of yet (I was probably 5 or 6) and had gone straight to the sawing the top of the skull off stage.

The boy had sat there, my dear mother told me, wide awake and with the top of his head missing "like a soft boiled egg before you dip toast soldiers in" as the doctor announced to his mother that the headaches were caused by a brain encased in the snot he'd been swallowing.

I was clearly too stupid or gullible to realise that swallowed stuff goes down not up (or just too young and trusting) but I started to blow my nose after that.
I used to do that a lot as a child but in hindsight it is fucking disgusting.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
Forum Clout
Yeah I guess I buried that one. My grandfather was a retired MA state trooper and my grandmother was a barmaid at a strip club. My father's parents. It explains a lot. My mom told me my grandmother offered her coke the first time she met her.
Mine was mostly for da goof and he was like 80 so what’s the difference at that point.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Forum Clout
My dad used to press the scan button on the car radio and then lightly tap the steering wheel at the same second the channel changed and he told me he changed it through the steering wheel. This was before steering wheel controls existed so it blew me away. I told kids in school about it and looked like a liar.

I was probably 12 when my dad told me it was a prank. Then steering wheel controls became the norm.

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
Forum Clout
my mom used to make me do the rosary prayer ( a bunch of hail marys and our fathers) every sunday night all through elementary and middle school and think about the sins I committed during the week bcz i wouldnt go to heaven if i didnt

When I was 16 my girlfriend missed her period and was like a month late.
After she told me , I was sitting in front of my ps2 and saying the rosary prayer for hours in the basement in between playing tom clancy rainbow six and vividly remember saying "god please just do this one thing for me I will never ask for anything else please god"
Turns out she was pregnant, I had to scrounge up my $400 or so in savings from umpiring little league and give it to her sister that was in college, who secretly took my gf to planned parenthood and got an abortion pill.
I haven't been to church since

You ever realize that PP would have killed the baby for free because she was a minor and you got conned out of your Sega Saturn (or PS2, I don't know how old you are) money?

Wa4892

Forum Clout
my mom used to make me do the rosary prayer ( a bunch of hail marys and our fathers) every sunday night all through elementary and middle school and think about the sins I committed during the week bcz i wouldnt go to heaven if i didnt

When I was 16 my girlfriend missed her period and was like a month late.
After she told me , I was sitting in front of my ps2 and saying the rosary prayer for hours in the basement in between playing tom clancy rainbow six and vividly remember saying "god please just do this one thing for me I will never ask for anything else please god"
Turns out she was pregnant, I had to scrounge up my $400 or so in savings from umpiring little league and give it to her sister that was in college, who secretly took my gf to planned parenthood and got an abortion pill.
I haven't been to church since
I'm sitting here waiting to be hit by a bolt of lightning after just READING this, I can't imagine what I'd be thinking if I was the one who typed it

NortheastPhilly

Shock Jock
Forum Clout
My dad was adamant about me walking places instead of getting rides because he grew up walking everywhere.
This is all well and good, except he took it too far and made me refuse rides from people offering me rides. I’d be walking to football practice or something and multiple people would pull over and say get in, and like a complete weirdo I would refuse because if he found out he would be angry.

What a psycho

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
Forum Clout
Yeah, I had the run of my grandparents' garden a couple of weekends a month. It was "only" about 3 acres, but it felt like a whole world at 8 or 9 years old. Woods, 3 ponds, perfect for a kid. Climbing trees, catching tadpoles and frogs, playing "survival" games and eating weird shit like ants and dandelion leaves. Good times
I agree with you up until the whole eating ants and weeds part.