Cancer sucks. Best wishes to Dawn.

Petworth dude

Owner declined entry
Cancer is awful because it has a will to survive, and replicate even after seemingly full removal. She’s going to survive. Hopefully she chooses chemotherapy as well if her oncologist recommends it, my aunt is going through chemo currently because the cancer returned and she didn’t do it the first time, and cancer gets much worse a second time evolution and shit.
Chemo has a lot of rough side effects. About half of cancer survivors have a chronic medical condition that's related to chemo or radiation therapy.

There have been a ton of advancements in breast cancer treatment over the past 20 years. If something more targeted like CAR-T cell therapy is an option, Dawn should go for it. She should also strongly consider participating in a clinical trial for an immunotherapy - these kinds of treatments show a ton of promise, and they don't have side effects that are anywhere near as rough as chemo.

Dawn appears to be getting treated at an NCI-designated cancer center, so she hopefully has some decent options.

"Great to hear Dawnie" implying he hasn't even been checking in on her and otherwise had no idea.

If my sister was going through hell I'd be bothering her for updates until she told me to leave her alone. He has said countless times over the years that the only people who come close to mattering to him are his siblings. Now she needs love and support more than ever...he's playing internet golf. Can't be bothered.

He literally has no soul.

"Great to hear Dawnie" implying he hasn't even been checking in on her and otherwise had no idea.

If my sister was going through hell I'd be bothering her for updates until she told me to leave her alone. He has said countless times over the years that the only people who come close to mattering to him are his siblings. Now she needs love and support more than ever...he's playing internet golf. Can't be bothered.

He literally has no soul.
Nope. He's a lost soulless ghoul.

Chemo has a lot of rough side effects. About half of cancer survivors have a chronic medical condition that's related to chemo or radiation therapy.

There have been a ton of advancements in breast cancer treatment over the past 20 years. If something more targeted like CAR-T cell therapy is an option, Dawn should go for it. She should also strongly consider participating in a clinical trial for an immunotherapy - these kinds of treatments show a ton of promise, and they don't have side effects that are anywhere near as rough as chemo.

Dawn appears to be getting treated at an NCI-designated cancer center, so she hopefully has some decent options.
As somebody who had parents both get cancer (one died of it), it's insane how the standard treatment for cancer is just to holocaust your body until the cancer goes away. Yeah, just Chernobyl yourself until it's gone. You literally end up looking like a camp victim on the verge of dying of starvation if you're far gone enough.

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
As somebody who had parents both get cancer (one died of it), it's insane how the standard treatment for cancer is just to holocaust your body until the cancer goes away. Yeah, just Chernobyl yourself until it's gone. You literally end up looking like a camp victim on the verge of dying of starvation if you're far gone enough.
It's basically just irradiating yourself and the cancer until one of you dies first first. It sounds barbaric but I guess there just isn't a better way to deal with tumors that you can't just cut out.