• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Can you Jenna faggots explain “this” to me

Jenna

The Mix 94.9 $3000 Fugitive
Forum Clout
People like Pat claim the “right wingers” hate it because Luis Guzman was cast as Gomez and not a white man. I don’t think that’s true but they love to say it so they can go “look how great I am! I don’t mind they have a Hispanic person playing a Hispanic role on a tv show! I’m changing the world”

I don’t hate it that they have Luis Guzman as Gomez, I just hate that they gave him such an awful hair piece.

Honestly Gomez & Morticia annoyed me the way they were written. There's a couple interesting Morticia/Wednesday scenes that explore the whole "I don't wanna be like you, MOM!" dynamic but overall the parents are too horny. They've always been in love but the whole need to start dry humping each other in public gets old.

I get that their over-the-top lovey doveyness is what causes Wednesday to rebel against dating boys, but bleh. Armisen as Uncle Fester was much more fun.

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
Forum Clout
This show was terrible. Typical young adult tripe with "witty" dialog where every line is a setup, no charm whatsoever, nothing that felt like the classic.
Which influences pats style of wit. Just jump off what they said and make a pithy comment.

"I don't think that's right Patrick"

You don't think at all, stlaker.

It's like he's imagining canned sitcom laughter after his "jokes"

Jenna

Forum Clout
I know Netflix is reporting this as one of their biggest shows of all time, but where’s the burden of proof for that? They keep all information under lock and key anyway, so what’s to stop them from essentially saying, “we don’t have any new seasons of ‘Stranger Things’ in production, let’s just tell people audiences are watching this with the same intensity now instead”?

For a show that’s allegedly being watched by everybody, I only ever hear about it on these forums.

They expected it to be a mid-tier show. There's little licensed music, the CGI looks like something from the 90s:

Wednesday.jpg

And (SPOILER)
pretty much all the "name" adult actors/actresses die in the first season
while the central "kids" (Wednesday, Enid, Bianca, Xavier, Tyler, Ajax) are cheaper to bring back for future seasons.

You look at programs like Jupiter's Legacy, the live-action Cowboy Bebop or that unfunny space show starring Steve Carrell, they invested much more heavily in those and could have fudged the numbers but didn't.

Also, the Baby Yoda effect. Mandalorian debuts, internet goes OMG BABY YODA, Disney realizes they haven't been making Baby Yoda merch for the Holiday season. Stranger Things merch makes a ton of merchandising money for Netflix, as do other popular shows like Squid Game and Cobra Kai.

If the show's success was inorganic, Netflix would be ahead of all this instead of sprinting to catch up. Even the official Netflix store carries literally one item available in adult or child size:

G

People like Pat claim the “right wingers” hate it because Luis Guzman was cast as Gomez and not a white man. I don’t think that’s true but they love to say it so they can go “look how great I am! I don’t mind they have a Hispanic person playing a Hispanic role on a tv show! I’m changing the world”

I don’t hate it that they have Luis Guzman as Gomez, I just hate that they gave him such an awful hair piece.
I think Luis Guzman is an awesome actor and that’s not a passive aggressive knock or anything. He’s got one of those faces great character actors have. This just wasn’t for him.

And as far as Raul Julia goes he wasn’t a white man which just shows how ‘woke’ Pat’s friends are.

Street Fighter sucked, though. Especially how they handled the Dhalism’s character. E. Honda and Zangief were handled well, I should say.

Man, I could really go for a nicely cold cut sandwich. Just slightly melted Swiss over mozzarella with mid rare roast beef as the base. Fresh cut lettuce and just ripe tomatoes (no comprise there). Light Mayo this time. Lately I’ve really been overdoing the dressing and with all the bread it’s just too heavy.

tl;dr Paul Weimar is a rapist.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
They expected it to be a mid-tier show. There's little licensed music, the CGI looks like something from the 90s:

Wednesday.jpg

And (SPOILER)
pretty much all the "name" adult actors/actresses die in the first season
while the central "kids" (Wednesday, Enid, Bianca, Xavier, Tyler, Ajax) are cheaper to bring back for future seasons.

You look at programs like Jupiter's Legacy, the live-action Cowboy Bebop or that unfunny space show starring Steve Carrell, they invested much more heavily in those and could have fudged the numbers but didn't.

Also, the Baby Yoda effect. Mandalorian debuts, internet goes OMG BABY YODA, Disney realizes they haven't been making Baby Yoda merch for the Holiday season. Stranger Things merch makes a ton of merchandising money for Netflix, as do other popular shows like Squid Game and Cobra Kai.

If the show's success was inorganic, Netflix would be ahead of all this instead of sprinting to catch up. Even the official Netflix store carries literally one item available in adult or child size:

I forgot all about that Steve Carrell show, space force I think it was called? I remember the only funny part was his dad being played by the always funny Fred Willard which turned out to be his last role. They hyped big then it just sank like a rock.

CuntFucker .

Block and report the imposter
Forum Clout
I forgot all about that Steve Carrell show, space force I think it was called? I remember the only funny part was his dad being played by the always funny Fred Willard which turned out to be his last role. They hyped big then it just sank like a rock.
It's called Space Force. I know that because Pat said it would become a huge hit.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
I think Luis Guzman is an awesome actor and that’s not a passive aggressive knock or anything. He’s got one of those faces great character actors have. This just wasn’t for him.

And as far as Raul Julia goes he wasn’t a white man which just shows how ‘woke’ Pat’s friends are.

Street Fighter sucked, though. Especially how they handled the Dhalism’s character. E. Honda and Zangief were handled well, I should say.

Man, I could really go for a nicely cold cut sandwich. Just slightly melted Swiss over mozzarella with mid rare roast beef as the base. Fresh cut lettuce and just ripe tomatoes (no comprise there). Light Mayo this time. Lately I’ve really been overdoing the dressing and with all the bread it’s just too heavy.

Yeah I also like Guzman, he can do comedy and serious stuff - what you want in a character actor. I think some were upset that Gomez wasn’t a suave type like Julia but I believe the original creator meant for Gomez to be kinda fat. Of course Pats types say it’s because it’s not a white guy and said it’s right wingers upset (one even said it when Pat tweeted about not seeing it) From what I’ve seen he’s not bad in it but his hair piece is so off it takes me out of the scene. I haven’t seen a hair piece that bad since Steve Carell in The Big Short.

I think with Street Fighter Raul Julia only did it because his kids liked the game. Kinda like how Tommy Lee Jones did Batman Forever, Dennis Hopper in Super Mario Brothers, Frank Zappa on Miami Vice etc. where they know it’s not gonna be good but will make their kid happy.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
It's called Space Force. I know that because Pat said it would become a huge hit.
I remember the whole idea was from Trump mentioning a space force so idiots like Pat all thought “YES! ORANGE MAN BAD MEANS HUGE HIT!” And it wasn’t all Trump / Republicans bad jokes like that awful Borat sequel. Fred Willard was only on like 2-3 episodes and those were the only laughs because he improved his lines. I don’t think they even did a second season of Space Force, Netflix acted like it never happened. They really thought if they got Steve Carell it would be as big as the office. Not so.

fusciasomething

Jacques De Gautier
Forum Clout

Perfect tldr

Jenna

Forum Clout

He had a cute Jewey daughter who looked like a young Anne Hathaway/Emmy Rossum, that's all I can remember.

Steve can be a great leading comedic actor with the right material (Office, 40 Year Old Virgin) but boy will he do any shitty project that meets his asking price.

image.jpg

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
He had a cute Jewey daughter who looked like a young Anne Hathaway/Emmy Rossum, that's all I can remember.

Steve can be a great leading comedic actor with the right material (Office, 40 Year Old Virgin) but boy will he do any shitty project that meets his asking price.

image.jpg
They thought that movie would be a shoe-in for Oscar’s as well as a big hit. It was neither.

G

Yeah I also like Guzman, he can do comedy and serious stuff - what you want in a character actor. I think some were upset that Gomez wasn’t a suave type like Julia but I believe the original creator meant for Gomez to be kinda fat. Of course Pats types say it’s because it’s not a white guy and said it’s right wingers upset (one even said it when Pat tweeted about not seeing it) From what I’ve seen he’s not bad in it but his hair piece is so off it takes me out of the scene. I haven’t seen a hair piece that bad since Steve Carell in The Big Short.

I think with Street Fighter Raul Julia only did it because his kids liked the game. Kinda like how Tommy Lee Jones did Batman Forever, Dennis Hopper in Super Mario Brothers, Frank Zappa on Miami Vice etc. where they know it’s not gonna be good but will make their kid happy.
I forgot all of those other actors that just did movies for their kids. That’s actually really sweet. Frank Zappa was on Miami Vice?

Carl Winslow

I'm not a Fed
Forum Clout
He was ok in Foxcatcher; but I don’t think the movie and what really happen were even close . For starters, had female athletes living on the grounds as well.