• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

BREAKING NEWS: The reviews for Indiana Jones 5 are in...

G

Temple of Doom rules. No idea why it gets hated on
Spielberg retrospectively said it was his least favourite because it was "too dark" (even though he got a wife out of it.) Then Normies shit on it because of the portrayal of Indians in it.

I have a soft spot for it because it was the first one I saw and one of the first VHSs I remember owning, but it's also the most entertaining of the 3 and the only one that comes close to any "scary" moments.

BrotherMan1488

Forum Clout
Modern Hollywood is completely incapable of creating anything that is even remotely tongue in cheek or has any nuance. Corporate checklist production means you either get painful earnestness that's devoid of any wit, or worse, over the top wacky meta commentary that's about as funny as a mass grave. Often they frankenstein the two into the same movie together, leading to absolutely jarring gearshifts in tone.

Something as subtle as Raiders is entirely beyond them.
And were supposed to care the "writers" are on Strike 🤣😅😂
https://variety.com/lists/writers-strike-2023-celebrities-picketing-wga/#

RedHeadpw2

Fan of the Era
Forum Clout
Spielberg retrospectively said it was his least favourite because it was "too dark" (even though he got a wife out of it.) Then Normies shit on it because of the portrayal of Indians in it.

I have a soft spot for it because it was the first one I saw and one of the first VHSs I remember owning, but it's also the most entertaining of the 3 and the only one that comes close to any "scary" moments.
It's his least favorite because there were no Nazis to make look evil and stupid. He couldn't get his fix until The Last Crusade. Fucking weasily propagandist turd-eating heeb.

G

It's his least favorite because there were no Nazis to make look evil and stupid. He couldn't get his fix until The Last Crusade. Fucking weasily propagandist turd-eating heeb.
The reality is that Spielberg is white bread and he accidentally made a dark, goofy, interesting, gross out blockbuster in Temple, so of course he wasn't happy with it. It's maybe his only film that has zero mawkishness in it.