• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

BREAKING NEWS: The reviews for Indiana Jones 5 are in...

not that Jack Horner

If you saw me IRL you very likely wouldn't look me
Forum Clout
I just want a dumb fun movie from it like the originals. People say the last was unrealistic like Nazis getting their faces melted by a magical box from God was grounded in reality
man, i appreciate dumb fucking movies

a good dumb ass drama with a bunch of over acting pretty people

you have a nice broad next to you that laughs at you pointing out all the flaws and your racist jokes

thats what movies are supposed to be for

TheRevAlJolson

Blackface Killah
Forum Clout
Find me anyone (including guy I quoted) claiming this. They are purposely making things bad. Profit motive is for millionaires. Billionaires = magic, witchcraft etc..shit above your paygrade as a thrall.

(((They))) are your royalty.
Hardline nerds have started saying this too - that the purpose isn't to make money, but instead to deconstruct and ruin legacy movies like Indiana Jones and Star Trek in order to rebuild our modern mythos to extol the virtues they want to instill in society. It seems pretty legit to me.

not that Jack Horner

If you saw me IRL you very likely wouldn't look me
Forum Clout
Find me anyone (including guy I quoted) claiming this. They are purposely making things bad. Profit motive is for millionaires. Billionaires = magic, witchcraft etc..shit above your paygrade as a thrall.

(((They))) are your royalty.

no, its literally everywhere and i gotta go to work

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
Forum Clout
I just want a dumb fun movie from it like the originals. People say the last was unrealistic like Nazis getting their faces melted by a magical box from God was grounded in reality
Modern Hollywood is completely incapable of creating anything that is even remotely tongue in cheek or has any nuance. Corporate checklist production means you either get painful earnestness that's devoid of any wit, or worse, over the top wacky meta commentary that's about as funny as a mass grave. Often they frankenstein the two into the same movie together, leading to absolutely jarring gearshifts in tone.

Something as subtle as Raiders is entirely beyond them.

Dennyislife

Forum Clout
Modern Hollywood is completely incapable of creating anything that is even remotely tongue in cheek or has any nuance. Corporate checklist production means you either get painful earnestness that's devoid of any wit, or worse, over the top wacky meta commentary that's about as funny as a mass grave. Often they frankenstein the two into the same movie together, leading to absolutely jarring gearshifts in tone.

Something as subtle as Raiders is entirely beyond them.
Raiders wasn't subtle at all. It's about as broad as anything can get. We are just older and therefore less likely to get as caught up in it all.

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
Forum Clout
Raiders wasn't subtle at all. It's about as broad as anything can get. We are just older and therefore less likely to get as caught up in it all.
That's the point though. Something as subtle as Raiders is already an impossible task for modern studios to emulate, when it should be a basic standard for dumb fun adventure flicks.

Thinking about it, the whole first half of Steven Spielberg's career is basically a story of him showing Hollywood how to make guaranteed hit blockbusters and them failing to take the right notes.