• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Bird appreciation thread.

LockedHDD__Pot

Forum Clout
Saw one of these Pileated Wookpeckers in the back yard last week. Largest woodpecker I ever saw.

Pileated-Woodpecker-6.jpg
big peckah. tsss

I'm sorry I did that

FrogmanKurlan

Kill a commie for mommy, awright
Forum Clout
Their pee is acidic as fuck and they piss on themselves (technically not piss) to kill the bacteria that they may encounter from eating carrion- the "pee" goes down their legs and may act as an antiseptic for cuts abd wounds they may have on their legs.

The only reason I know this is because at my Dad's old house in Orlando, there were fucking hundreds of vultures that would congregate across the street from his house (there was an empty lot). They would be all over the roofs of houses and occasionally go in the backyards and kind of knock on the sliding glass doors. When I say hundreds, it could have been a thousand or so. It was fucking crazy. And then one day, poof- they were gone. None of ny dad's neighbors could figure out what made them leave. One theory was that the HOA might have installed some kind of high pitch frequency that only affected the vultures. I say that because the dogs behaviors never changed nor was the behavior of the other birds in the neighborhood (Ospreys, swans, ducks, and a couple of other random birds).
Yeah I had heard that if they rest on the same tree enough that the tree will die from their shit.

One of our neighbors had a bad experience with a buzzard one time. He was driving down the road and there were a few buzzards on the side eating something. As he was driving by they took off and one of them gets hit by his side mirror and comes in through the open window. The buzzards starts puking and shitting all inside the truck. The guy had to pull over because he starts puking everywhere.
He said he could never get the smell out of the truck and had to give it away to one of the Mexicans that worked on his ranch

EraGodless

Forum Clout
Yeah I had heard that if they rest on the same tree enough that the tree will die from their shit.

One of our neighbors had a bad experience with a buzzard one time. He was driving down the road and there were a few buzzards on the side eating something. As he was driving by they took off and one of them gets hit by his side mirror and comes in through the open window. The buzzards starts puking and shitting all inside the truck. The guy had to pull over because he starts puking everywhere.
He said he could never get the smell out of the truck and had to give it away to one of the Mexicans that worked on his ranch
Lol. I believe it's a defense mechanism. It's called The Tomlinson Reaction to Confrontation.

RedHeadpw2

Fan of the Era
Forum Clout

The smell was identical to that Mexican's Dodge Astro, so no problem.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Forum Clout
Buzzards are pretty cool for being ugly motherfuckers.

View attachment 97113
“I’ve been called sexy.”

The other day I saw some buzzards eating a dead skunk and when I had came back by a group of Ravens had bullied them off the carcass. I thought that was funny because a buzzard is easily 5x the size of a raven
They're extremely important to the ecosystem.

In India they fucked up and wiped out a bunch of vultures which ended up causing diseases for the general population.

Ravens and crows are very good at making predators go away by annoying the fuck out of them as they're eating. Pretty hilarious.