• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Bird appreciation thread.

RedHeadpw2

Fan of the Era
Forum Clout
Big fan of owls.
Yep. Out in the country where I live, the owls, red tailed hawks, and a pair of sharp shinned hawks help keep the rodents under control. I wish they would eradicate the faggot northern flickers though. Destructive nigger cunt birds. Great blue heron sightings are always kind of special too.

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Forum Clout
Yep. Out in the country where I live, the owls, red tailed hawks, and a pair of sharp shinned hawks help keep the rodents under control. I wish they would eradicate the faggot northern flickers though. Destructive nigger cunt birds. Great blue heron sightings are always kind of special too.
Yea its that time of year I hear 2 or 3 great horned owls at night. I dont see them often.

Slackjawed Cow

Forum Clout
babybarnowlfeat.jpg

Slackjawed Cow

Forum Clout
Just ordered a hummingbird feeder. Going to try and get some activity here this year. Last spring/summer it seemed like all the birds left.

FrogmanKurlan

Kill a commie for mommy, awright
Forum Clout
Buzzards are pretty cool for being ugly motherfuckers.

B301D5A1-0233-4687-B431-FEB112E93E2E.jpeg

“I’ve been called sexy.”

The other day I saw some buzzards eating a dead skunk and when I had came back by a group of Ravens had bullied them off the carcass. I thought that was funny because a buzzard is easily 5x the size of a raven

TheRevAlJolson

Blackface Killah
Forum Clout
I started bird watching recently - just using my phone to ID birds when I see them - and I definitely see the draw. It's relaxing and gives you a moment to pause and take it all in. I've been realizing recently that I don't get enough of those moments

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
Forum Clout
Bald eagles have made a pretty nice comeback in the past 10 years by me so they're pretty cool to see. It's kinda fun watching red tailed hawks swoop down and grab mice in the trails I walk on, as well as pileated woodpeckers strafing around on trees. I put a bird feeder in my yard last year and it attracted a bunch of yellow finches that I didn't even know existed in my area.

Oh, and once I sawr a blimp!
I was downtown leaving work and saw a peregrine falcon swooping on a pigeon then dragging it up to a tree. They are neat looking

EraGodless

Forum Clout
Buzzards are pretty cool for being ugly motherfuckers.

View attachment 97113
“I’ve been called sexy.”

The other day I saw some buzzards eating a dead skunk and when I had came back by a group of Ravens had bullied them off the carcass. I thought that was funny because a buzzard is easily 5x the size of a raven
Their pee is acidic as fuck and they piss on themselves (technically not piss) to kill the bacteria that they may encounter from eating carrion- the "pee" goes down their legs and may act as an antiseptic for cuts abd wounds they may have on their legs.

The only reason I know this is because at my Dad's old house in Orlando, there were fucking hundreds of vultures that would congregate across the street from his house (there was an empty lot). They would be all over the roofs of houses and occasionally go in the backyards and kind of knock on the sliding glass doors. When I say hundreds, it could have been a thousand or so. It was fucking crazy. And then one day, poof- they were gone. None of ny dad's neighbors could figure out what made them leave. One theory was that the HOA might have installed some kind of high pitch frequency that only affected the vultures. I say that because the dogs behaviors never changed nor was the behavior of the other birds in the neighborhood (Ospreys, swans, ducks, and a couple of other random birds).