• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Bird appreciation thread.

Consensual Rapist

私は爆発的な下痢をしています! ^_^
Forum Clout
02CD8E2A-1E2E-4114-99BE-6405A92641CF.jpeg

DiarrheaDick

Get up here and shut up!
Forum Clout
Bald eagles have made a pretty nice comeback in the past 10 years by me so they're pretty cool to see. It's kinda fun watching red tailed hawks swoop down and grab mice in the trails I walk on, as well as pileated woodpeckers strafing around on trees. I put a bird feeder in my yard last year and it attracted a bunch of yellow finches that I didn't even know existed in my area.

Oh, and once I sawr a blimp!

G

I'm sure most of you are aware that I love feeding my crows.

I know I'm not the only one here who loves birds, what are your favorites?

[MEDIA=youtube]flCsugLaZv8[/MEDIA]
Crows are smart. Like really fucking smart. They’ll exchange twigs at kiosks as currency for food. They have great memories. Not to mention crow court where they literally put fellow crows on trial.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Forum Clout
Crows are smart. Like really fucking smart. They’ll exchange twigs at kiosks as currency for food. They have great memories. Not to mention crow court where they literally put fellow crows on trial.
That's why I love em. They are feathered primates and said to have the intelligence level of a 7 year old which is damn impressive for such a small creature.

Their size to body size ratio is on the same level as humans which has some link to intelligence.

Feeding them is such a joy. The moment I throw food down one or two will come check it out before cawing loud a few times and then others swoop down to ground level and start eating together.

The way Craig knows who I am blows me away and I'm confident that he would still know who I am even if I didn't show up for a few months or even a year.

I like watching this guy's videos. He's got his own Craig and crew.

G

That's why I love em. They are feathered primates and said to have the intelligence level of a 7 year old which is damn impressive for such a small creature.

Their size to body size ratio is on the same level as humans which has some link to intelligence.

Feeding them is such a joy. The moment I throw food down one or two will come check it out before cawing loud a few times and then others swoop down to ground level and start eating together.

The way Craig knows who I am blows me away and I'm confident that he would still know who I am even if I didn't show up for a few months or even a year.

[MEDIA=youtube]LjStiLDy0sE[/MEDIA]

I like watching this guy's videos. He's got his own Craig and crew.
No bullshit just crows being crows. Do the right thing and you won’t get crow’d.

By the way, Artie I shouldn’t have put you in my Owen rogue’s gallery. That was not PFG. Come to think of it I shouldn’t have included Patreeky but that’s another thread.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Forum Clout
The 'life list' on my Merlin app is pretty long for what I've seen at my feeder setup. I made a suet feeder and get red-bellied/hairy/downy woodpecker visits regularly from that. I like container gardening in the warm months and get decent hummingbird traffic from that. Black-capped chickadees are amusing with their giant heads and complex vocalizations. Catbirds make cool noises too and I have a few that regularly visit my feeders in the warmer months. Iowa's state bird is the American Goldfinch and I'm pretty sure there are a few that nest near my house and visit my nyjer seed feeder a lot.

I've also seen a bald eagle on eating a squirrel on top of a utility pole in the street in front of my place. Sat in my truck watching it and eventually it just casually dropped what was left of the squirrel carcass and flew of. I've also seen a Cooper's Hawk grab a dark-eyed junco out of midair then land on my patio and tear it apart with feathers going all over the place. A few weeks ago a wild turkey was just casually trotting down my street.

My favorite are Northern Cardinals though. A mated pair of cardinals live in some brush right near my patio and they're both used to me to the point where they won't fly away unless I get really close. They tend to molt at the same time in the late summer and I find it funny how stupid they look until their feathers grow back. In the summer when I'm out on my patio tending to my plants they'll fly up and watch me while they eat seeds and every so often the male will feed the female a seed.
I have ospreys in my area along with bald eagles. I couldn't believe how big a bald eagle was until I seen on eating a fish about 20 feet away from me on a trail.

Lamont & Tonelli

Brevity is... wit.
Forum Clout
I like watching the tits (amiright fellas?) and juncos and jays in my area. All fawkin in with keeping chickens. Free eggs and entertainment.

FFWBTdad

Forum Clout
I have ospreys in my area along with bald eagles. I couldn't believe how big a bald eagle was until I seen on eating a fish about 20 feet away from me on a trail.
When i lived in LA I saw an Osprey in a tree right out my window, it was carrying a trout it just snagged out of the LA river. I thought that was so cool seeing that up close. I live at the NJ shore now and I have two Bald Eagles, that i see almost everyday. I saw one swoop down right in front of me and snag a fish out of the water. it was enormous. It's shocking how big they are up close. Love birds now. I've noticed lots of falcons, golden eagles recently too. Also lots of Osprey in my area. It's crazy to see them hanging out around the same little lake the bald eagles are. They are both big as hell but seem to stay out of each others way. we have a lot of big Swans there too. great place for birds...

EraGodless

Forum Clout
Bald eagles have made a pretty nice comeback in the past 10 years by me so they're pretty cool to see. It's kinda fun watching red tailed hawks swoop down and grab mice in the trails I walk on, as well as pileated woodpeckers strafing around on trees. I put a bird feeder in my yard last year and it attracted a bunch of yellow finches that I didn't even know existed in my area.

Oh, and once I sawr a blimp!
While living with my dad and taking care of him in Orlando, I saw a bald eagle in a lot across from my dad's house. It was pretty awesome seeing one in the wild. I just missed getting a pic of it as it flew away. I looked for that cocksucker every day for like a month- never came back and it's still the only bald eagle I've seen in my life that wasn't in captivity. They're just majestic creatures-

EraGodless

Forum Clout
When i lived in LA I saw an Osprey in a tree right out my window, it was carrying a trout it just snagged out of the LA river. I thought that was so cool seeing that up close. I live at the NJ shore now and I have two Bald Eagles, that i see almost everyday. I saw one swoop down right in front of me and snag a fish out of the water. it was enormous. It's shocking how big they are up close. Love birds now. I've noticed lots of falcons, golden eagles recently too. Also lots of Osprey in my area. It's crazy to see them hanging out around the same little lake the bald eagles are. They are both big as hell but seem to stay out of each others way. we have a lot of big Swans there too. great place for birds...
The wingspan on some bald eagles is ridiculous. It was the first thing that caught my eye when I saw one in the wild for the first time.