• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Best major movie soundtrack?

Dusty Dan

Forum Clout
Teenage me thought The Matrix and Scream 2 soundtracks were the best thing since sliced bread. I also sort of ironically love the soundtrack to You've Got Mail. A family member used to listen to it all the time, so it's attached to a load of good childhood memories.

There's quite a few Ennio Morricone tracks that I love too. His stuff translates into good music even if you haven't seen the films, much more so than John Williams type orchestral music, in my opinion.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Forum Clout
Teenage me thought The Matrix and Scream 2 soundtracks were the best thing since sliced bread. I also sort of ironically love the soundtrack to You've Got Mail. A family member used to listen to it all the time, so it's attached to a load of good childhood memories.

There's quite a few Ennio Morricone tracks that I love too. His stuff translates into good music even if you haven't seen the films, much more so than John Williams type orchestral music, in my opinion.
The Matrix Soundtrack is a pretty good time capsule of the late 90's early 00's with all the numetal and big beat music.

Wa4892

Forum Clout
For a soundtrack that really enhances a movie check out To Live and Die in LA. You will laugh but music is by Wang Chung and it's great.

If you want a soundtrack of good pop/rock songs by artists you know where the songs have little or nothing to do with the movie, for my money, you can't go wrong with Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

G

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly is probably #1 for me. Ennio Morricone is hard to beat.

[MEDIA=youtube]PYI09PMNazw[/MEDIA]

Also really liked Raging Bull, Bottle Rocket, Blade Runner, Manhunter, La Bamba, Phantasm, Dawn of the Dead, The Warriors, and Streets of Fire. Tangerine Dream did some cool stuff as well, although I don't know about full soundtracks.
[MEDIA=youtube]sBhB9gAM1J4[/MEDIA]

Last edited by a moderator:

Former Prez Gerald Ford

Come over and we’ll have nachos. And some beer.
Forum Clout

When I was in 7th grade I thought this was the greatest soundtrack of all time. Looking at it now the line up of musicians are basically all bands you would expect to see in a get angry, stay angry playlist.. featuring cutting edge avant- garde bands such as Limp Bizkit, Metallica, Foo fighters, Godsmack and the inimitable Uncle Kracker. If you’re a faggot this is a must-have.

7 / 10 strawberry toaster strudels