• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Best horror movies to watch?

Calculating Bovinity

My name's Pat-reek, the Five-Ton Freak, child
Forum Clout
Threads is not classified as a horror but it should be. One of those movies that stays with you long after you finish watching it.

Dog Soldiers is PFG

Bone Tomahawk

Screamers

Pontypool, does something fresh with the zombie genre

The Dead Zone

Tremors

Ghost in the Machine is a stinker but it's pretty fun

ThePepsiColaRapist

Dan doesn’t have a penis. I. Do.
Forum Clout
Threads is not classified as a horror but it should be. One of those movies that stays with you long after you finish watching it.

Dog Soldiers is PFG

Bone Tomahawk

Screamers

Pontypool, does something fresh with the zombie genre

The Dead Zone

Tremors

Ghost in the Machine is a stinker but it's pretty fun
Screamers is such an underrated film.

G

I'd second a few mentioned already - the original Martyrs is genuinely shocking. Kill List is great, kind of 3 different genres rolled into 1 film. The Witch is almost art. Misery is a timeless classic. The original The Vanishing (in Dutch and French) is a true head fuck.

I would add The Block Island Sound. It's not a straight horror movie per se but it's one of the most deeply unsettling movies I've ever seen and you don't really have a clue what's going on until the end.

ThePepsiColaRapist

Dan doesn’t have a penis. I. Do.
Forum Clout
I think the recent Pet Semetary is better than the first. It takes a lot of liberties with the novel, but captures the tone of said novel more than the first film.

JesseTheGovernor

Access to the Debates
Forum Clout
The Thing mentioned and that’s one of my fav movies.

REC is great if you don’t mind subtitles. It’s the original version of “Quarantine”

Suspiria is a unique classic from the golden age if 70s horror.

Not an original suggestion but the first Scream still holds up. Unreal opening scene.

Audition is a Japanese film and it’s fucked up and worth a watch.

The first Blair Witch is still great to me but I know a ton of people hate it or think it’s lame.

The Shining is my fav movie but everyone has seen it by now.

The original Invasion of the Body Snatchers is great also, albeit not scary bu today’s standards. The remake is also good.

And Oldboy (Korean version) is a great movie and very unsettling. It isn’t a “horror” though but it’s great.

Chapel

Dirty Bastard
Forum Clout
There’s a reboot of Hellraiser being made with, you fucking guessed it a black female Pinhead

Zombie247

Go work. Get Sandwiches
Forum Clout
"Hereditary" is alright, i watched it a couple years back.

"The Void" is good if you like Lovecraftian horror.

"We Are Still Here" is also alright, manages to capture the 70's horror movie feeling/look pretty well.

Those 3 mentions are all fairly modern, the oldest is from 2015.
The Void, is a great heads up

Zombie247

Go work. Get Sandwiches
Forum Clout
Splinter.jpg

JesseTheGovernor

Access to the Debates
Forum Clout
Did you see Doctor Sleep? I went into it not expecting much but it's a good movie and a worthy sequel to The Shining (though obviously not as good.)
I did and I also enjoyed it well enough. I thought it could have been a standalone without the tie in to The Shining, but it was a good concept of future Danny. Ewan MacGregor is almost always good in his roles as well.