• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Artie Lange: The Dark Side of Comedy

Camel Clutch

Brotherman
Forum Clout
Anyone watch this? It was better than I expected. Orlando Jones, Dr Drew, Pete Holmes, Tim Sabean and Doug Z Goodstein from hoo hoo tv are interviewed. Nana isn't mentioned. They even talk about his fucked up nose at the end. I didn't know the story of Artie having the last coax cable that his father ran before he broke his neck framed above his bed.

Here is a torrent link, I don't know if anyone has a streaming link for it:

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Forum Clout
Artie is not my favorite guy from Howard - I always preferred Jackie, because Jackie clashed with Wiggy and was an endless supply of crazy stories and material - but I didn't dislike him though.

Artie was a fan who made it. He got the dream job, and for a time, he reinvigorated the show. When Jackie left, despite what Howard says today, the show clearly was limping along. Benji helped fill the slack in writing, but he didn't have Martling's talent (I know that sounds crazy), and something was clearly missing without the Old Bayville Cackler. All their fill-ins like Craig Gass and AJ Benza were just two dimensional sounding boards that didn't add much.

Artie was their first true third mic. When he wasn't drugged out if his mind, he legit held his own. I give him credit, not just anyone can do that. And while I make no excuses for his addiction, I'm glad he's doing better, but most of all, it's very clear how much life he did add to the show, because look at it now. I can't even listen to modern Howard. There's nothing genuine or accessible.

Also, he was the subject of the last great roast on the show, which I remember Colin closed with the best set.

2chapos

Forum Clout
download (3).jpeg

Forum Clout
Artie is not my favorite guy from Howard - I always preferred Jackie, because Jackie clashed with Wiggy and was an endless supply of crazy stories and material - but I didn't dislike him though.

Artie was a fan who made it. He got the dream job, and for a time, he reinvigorated the show. When Jackie left, despite what Howard says today, the show clearly was limping along. Benji helped fill the slack in writing, but he didn't have Martling's talent (I know that sounds crazy), and something was clearly missing without the Old Bayville Cackler. All their fill-ins like Craig Gass and AJ Benza were just two dimensional sounding boards that didn't add much.

Artie was their first true third mic. When he wasn't drugged out if his mind, he legit held his own. I give him credit, not just anyone can do that. And while I make no excuses for his addiction, I'm glad he's doing better, but most of all, it's very clear how much life he did add to the show, because look at it now. I can't even listen to modern Howard. There's nothing genuine or accessible.

Also, he was the subject of the last great roast on the show, which I remember Colin closed with the best set.

Countless, countless great moments with Artie. As you said, a true 3rd mic and a great fit with the crew. Genuinely made Howard, Fred and Robin lol which isn't easy. Crystal Clear, Crazy Alice, ETM, Elegant Elliot Offen and High Pitch Mike just to name very few of his highlights. His last couple of years were very tense. Can't hate the baby gorilla. I hope he finds some solace.

HeyItsVos

Forum Clout

Hated AJ Benza but I’m a huge fan of the E! episode where he punches Stuttering John. There’s a part where John is standing behind Tom and they both have their arms crossed that makes him look like a little kid that got the teacher.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
Forum Clout
Countless, countless great moments with Artie. As you said, a true 3rd mic and a great fit with the crew. Genuinely made Howard, Fred and Robin lol which isn't easy. Crystal Clear, Crazy Alice, ETM, Elegant Elliot Offen and High Pitch Mike just to name very few of his highlights. His last couple of years were very tense. Can't hate the baby gorilla. I hope he finds some solace.

A-YO BABY, IM IN RECOVERY! “WHAT UP JAMAL?!”

Forum Clout
The best part is there was no mention of the "Artie and Anthony Show".
LOL Retartie never even mentioned A&A even while he was on it. He did a bunch of interviews during that time and he never brought it up. He scammed Nana so, so hard. When he bothered showing up, he was whacked out of his gourd, and he'd leave the room to go snort dope while Nana sat there tittering and hugging himself like the pathetic, cowardly closet bottom queen he is. Retartie put absolutely nothing into A&A, he just took Nana's money.

While it can't be denied that he basically saved the HSS at the time, Artie was always way too thin-skinned and pissy whenever he was the target. He can dish it out, but he can't take it, unlike Jackie, who routinely sacrificed himself for the bits. He lied a lot, too. I'd estimate that a solid 95% of his gay "war stories" were just made-up nonsense. The "accidentally snorted glass" one was my favorite Retartie lie.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
I remember I once heard a stern clip were Artie slipped and made a mention to Howard wearing a wig. It was real subtle but Howard was talking about going into a pool and his worries related to that and Artie said something like “yeah and your hair—“ and there was at least a couple seconds of dead air and Howard didn’t even acknowledge what he said. I liked Artie because he sounded like a regular guy (the average Stern listener) and brought a different direction to the show. Funny going back and listening to Howard trying to sound tough and manly around Artie - even watching sports - knowing how he is now it was all fake. Howard is a miserable closeted bald gay man with a beard wife and would rather watch the Bachelor and complain about everything while never leaving the house.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
Forum Clout
LOL Retartie never even mentioned A&A even while he was on it. He did a bunch of interviews during that time and he never brought it up. He scammed Nana so, so hard. When he bothered showing up, he was whacked out of his gourd, and he'd leave the room to go snort dope while Nana sat there tittering and hugging himself like the pathetic, cowardly closet bottom queen he is. Retartie put absolutely nothing into A&A, he just took Nana's money.

While it can't be denied that he basically saved the HSS at the time, Artie was always way too thin-skinned and pissy whenever he was the target. He can dish it out, but he can't take it, unlike Jackie, who routinely sacrificed himself for the bits. He lied a lot, too. I'd estimate that a solid 95% of his gay "war stories" were just made-up nonsense. The "accidentally snorted glass" one was my favorite Retartie lie.

Couldn’t take a joke? They did a win a date with Artie contest on Danah’s birthday while they were still dating. Howard is the only one who can’t take it. See: Sal’s roast joke about Beth, pelican fetish, etc.
Edit: I always thought he made up that story about Norm throwing 50k into the ocean but recently I heard Norm tell that one too.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
Couldn’t take a joke? They did a win a date with Artie contest on Danah’s birthday while they were still dating. Howard is the only one who can’t take it. See: Sal’s roast joke about Beth, pelican fetish, etc.
Edit: I always thought he made up that story about Norm throwing 50k into the ocean but recently I heard Norm tell that one too.
Howard had the thinnest skin, he claims it’s because of therapy but he’s just a pussy. Always was just put on a persona that was the opposite. I always liked when he would go overboard claiming Beth was a this big time super model when she did sears catalog type work. He got a “model” but not one of big ones and it pissed him off that he couldn’t even get a trophy wife like other famous guys.