Anyone following the World Baseball Classic?

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Funny how Japan has 2 pitchers that the US players have any experience with and they decided to put the guy who they've all known for over a decade now and he gives up a home run lol.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
This needs to open up the door for a Japanese manager in the MLB. It's crazy there's never been one.
It's tough. These guys take paycuts when the come to the MLB from the NPB as players so getting a manager to come to the US for lower pay isn't tempting enough.

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
It's must be tough to not smirk a little when you're the best pitcher/hitter ever seen in the MLB and you're pitching against your own teammate, who is also one of the best hitters of all time.
Isnt otahni free agent after this season too? If so it will be a record breaking payday. Straight up winning the baseball lottery.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Won't be one for a while because American baseball is now built on analytics. Japs still play old-school station-to-station, fundamental ball the way it was meant to be played.

It's interesting, they dominate in international tournaments but their singular players often struggle when they come to the US. There are exceptions, but most Nip nationals don't last in America.

It's only when they play as a team that their power is felt.
Very true.

G

Fucking stop. Good game Japan and congrats, but if usa had their best pitchers then we’d win. Artie, stop fucking with the USA hate. It’s fucking annoying

G

What on earth are you blaming Artie for?

Verlander, Scherzer, Kluber, et al. couldn't be bothered because they're "old." Whatever.

It's a cultural thing. We managed to put together a sick lineup, but no pitchers want to play. That's a US problem, not an Artie problem.

And it's not Artie's fault that Trout did nothing tonight. He sucked. As did Goldschmidt.
It is an Artie problem. He said from the get go that usa sucks, read it for yourself

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Fucking stop. Good game Japan and congrats, but if usa had their best pitchers then we’d win. Artie, stop fucking with the USA hate. It’s fucking annoying
USA hate? I'm probably the proudest American on the board, and I'm a dark skinned Puerto Rican.

I just know better baseball teams and and fan bases.

As Sir Paul said earlier, the Japs play like the US used to play in the 80s, which was quicker and more fundamental based compared to how it is now.

And have you ever seen a regular NPB game on TV? The fans are alive and actually into the game. Bands are playing, flags are waving, chants are going and is a better overall atmosphere.

The Japs said it themselves. They admire the United States and respect and admire the sport of Baseball so much and the way they play proves that.

G

Yeah, we suck for not having the commitment to send our best players. He's right.

It's a cultural thing.

We do suck and got lucky that the Nips and Mexicans had to play each other before us.

He's right. So what are you on about?
I’m fucking pissed and we should have won. Plus, what the fuck, have some fucking pride