• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Adam "Rakdaddy" Rakunas (Patrick's con bunkmate) has a new career!

What is Rakdaddy's new job?

• Barista

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Carpenter

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • English Teacher

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • Paralegal

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Studio Musician

• Assistant Principal

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Tour Guide

Votes: 9 10.5%
  • Actor

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Uber Driver

Votes: 41 47.7%
  • Car Salesman

• Total voters

BudDickman

Forum Clout
He worked as a software engineer? I highly doubt that . What software engineer switches careers to, become a fucking paralegal? lol
His LinkedIn lists experience as a developer at videogames companies. It looks like he just did menial tasks like menu screens. I have no clue what kind of skills are required to write code for videogames, but what I've heard is that these are the worst possible jobs to get as a software engineer because the pay isn't good, the hours are long, and it is a lot of repetitive monkey work. If he was any good he would have found some other place to work as a software engineer.

G

Righteous bucks

Don't really like the guy, but good on him for getting a real job. His wife must not be a frumpy drunken pill popper who is ok with living in an inner city hovel.
That’s all you’re going to get with $40k too but at least he’s earning it rather than getting handouts.

His wife must also have a real job.

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
His LinkedIn lists experience as a developer at videogames companies. It looks like he just did menial tasks like menu screens. I have no clue what kind of skills are required to write code for videogames, but what I've heard is that these are the worst possible jobs to get as a software engineer because the pay isn't good, the hours are long, and it is a lot of repetitive monkey work. If he was any good he would have found some other place to work as a software engineer.

I just found a sysadmin job, where I can make it sound incredibly complex to my management and anyone else who pries, but it’s actually extremely basic.

it’s a very weird career move to make, he can do what I do and pull in 80 just chilling, why would he want to actually work for half that?

BudDickman

Forum Clout
After taxes, that's about how much Patrick owes Quasi. Maybe we should send Patrick's resume to all the ambulance chaser law firms in Milwaukee.

Paralegal Pat has a nice ring to it.
He's in the bottom tax bracket or close to it, so he probably pays almost nothing in taxes.

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
Forum Clout
There ain't no way he sells cars. I used to do that and it takes talent and charisma, and he doesn't have any of that.
Everyone I know who tried to work in car sales lasted less than a month. It's tough shit

G

Everyone I know who tried to work in car sales lasted less than a month. It's tough shit
Over 4 years. The trick to it is you've got to make the guy feel like he's punking you out in front of his bitch. Cars never go for the sticker price (I know everybody knows that) but they don't even go for the MSRP. There are INSANE Windows of money that we could go down by and still turn a reasonable profit for the dealership.

I would take that window of money to 50% and tell the guy that there was no way in hell that I could go lower for ANYONE and I would make sure that I said it in front of his wife. Then somehow this guy's tough guy negotiating skills would back me down another grand and then he would feel obligated to buy the car because he punked me out in front of his wife.

And you wouldn't believe how hard we fuck people when they trade in their car towards payment on a new one. You're getting KBB towards a new car and we're turning around and selling it as a pre-owned vehicle for three times that amount.

If you're a good talker and actor it's fun as hell. Adrenaline rush like crazy.

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
Forum Clout
Over 4 years. The trick to it is you've got to make the guy feel like he's punking you out in front of his bitch. Cars never go for the sticker price (I know everybody knows that) but they don't even go for the MSRP. There are INSANE Windows of money that we could go down by and still turn a reasonable profit for the dealership.

I would take that window of money to 50% and tell the guy that there was no way in hell that I could go lower for ANYONE and I would make sure that I said it in front of his wife. Then somehow this guy's tough guy negotiating skills would back me down another grand and then he would feel obligated to buy the car because he punked me out in front of his wife.

And you wouldn't believe how hard we fuck people when they trade in their car towards payment on a new one. You're getting KBB towards a new car and we're turning around and selling it as a pre-owned vehicle for three times that amount.

If you're a good talker and actor it's fun as hell. Adrenaline rush like crazy.
You always walk away the first time. Did this twice on my last car. Ended up getting 1200 bucks off of it the third time I went back.

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
You always walk away the first time. Did this twice on my last car. Ended up getting 1200 bucks off of it the third time I went back.

wow you sure showed them.

They are laughing at you thinking you got one over on them btw.

G

Absolutely. Fishing works most of the time (we're letting you walk away and then reeling you back in) but I always enjoyed the "reverse bullying" technique that I used.

Another thing I loved about the way that I did it is these idiots would go all around Phoenix and tell their friends "ha ha, there's this guy who works at this car place who tries to act tough but if you raise your voice with him a little bit he'll pussy out and go way lower"

Thing is, I was never going way lower. I still had about 40% of my "acceptable negotiation" window left.

Problem with most people who sell cars is they want the huge commissions so they don't want to go lower than 75% But if I can sell two cars at 40% faster than you can sell the one, that's like me getting 80% of a commission, know what I mean?

That's why people say it's so hard to sell cars, but it really isn't. They just get greedy and they expect to make a week's worth of pay selling one car. Then they realize there's more to the job than just Jewish negotiation and they quit.

G

wow you sure showed them.

They are laughing at you thinking you got one over on them btw.
We literally call that fishing. It's a term we use for when we let the line out and then reel them back in. We know what they're doing, and even if they leave and don't come back enough of them do come back that we can call their bluff.

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
We literally call that fishing. It's a term we use for when we let the line out and then reel them back in. We know what they're doing, and even if they leave and don't come back enough of them do come back that we can call their bluff.

Sam Hyde and Nick Rochefort talk about this shit all the time and it’s hilarious. They both sold cars and they laugh about the people who tell their “dude I walked away and saved 1200 bucks” stories

G

Sam Hyde and Nick Rochefort talk about this shit all the time and it’s hilarious. They both sold cars and they laugh about the people who tell their “dude I walked away and saved 1200 bucks” stories
If they only knew the margins that the dealership allows us to go down by. I'm talking $10,000. And people think they get one over on us when they "Jew us" down by 3.

It's like no dude, I still got you on 7.