• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

About this supposed upcoming "red wave"

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
Forum Clout
Lol that's my childhood with the Latin Kings. They were the police of my neighborhood growing up. Cops didn't do a thing when they were needed, but those boys kept shit in line. Nobody broke into our houses (still don't keep the doors unlocked though) or anything like that. I remember being told to go inside my house by one of them about 15 minutes before a shooting happened. They practically looked out for me more than my own parents did. I'm sure the corner stores didn't appreciate being taxed by them, but it's better than them not stopping something from happening to that store, even if it was them, so it sucked for businesses. But the regular person living there didn't have to deal with that. Shit they would even throw small block parties in the summer and have a giant cookout at the park.
I remember her saying the cops knew well enough to leave it alone, but would show up if they got a call or observed something happening. Despite the area being an absolute war zone, there were literally no homeless anywhere so the gang definitely kept their blocks clean, at least back in 2011 or w/e. There’s some sort of agreement between the cops and gangs to leave each other alone as much as possible.

So it makes sense why nobody snitches - chances are the people doing the shooting are protecting you or you’re close to them for whatever reason. Turning them in is basically betrayal and someone else could move in and fuck things up.

Apparently the whole heroin/fent trade was a robust operation too. The rumor was that the one dealer would move 4-5 million in product every single week and basically had people working around the clock. Not even just dealing or trafficking, they had shit loads of people packaging, putting stamps/stickers on the shit, accounting, doing inventory, etc. No different than any other business.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Forum Clout
I remember her saying the cops knew well enough to leave it alone, but would show up if they got a call or observed something happening. Despite the area being an absolute war zone, there were literally no homeless anywhere so the gang definitely kept their blocks clean, at least back in 2011 or w/e. There’s some sort of agreement between the cops and gangs to leave each other alone as much as possible.

So it makes sense why nobody snitches - chances are the people doing the shooting are protecting you or you’re close to them for whatever reason. Turning them in is basically betrayal and someone else could move in and fuck things up.

Apparently the whole heroin/fent trade was a robust operation too. The rumor was that they would move 4-5 million in product every single week and basically had people working around the clock. Not even just dealing or trafficking, they had shit loads of people packaging, putting stamps/stickers on the shit, accounting, doing inventory, etc. No different than any other business.
When we rode our bikes around we were told to report anyone who was just sitting in their car because they were usually undercover detectives. You'd tell one of the boys and they'd go over and talk to the person in the car everytime and usually get them to leave, especially if it's not someone who lived there. This was in the 90s so it was just a different time.

I remember playing Sega Genesis on the back porch of one of their houses all the time with other kids. This was before we had a Boys and Girls club, we would go to an LK house and play videogames there. It was fucking bizarre now that I think of it, but was totally normal at the time. Half the kids became kings themselves and quite a few died from being in that business, but I'll never forget how they actually took care of us when the city didn't.

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
Forum Clout
When we rode our bikes around we were told to report anyone who was just sitting in their car because they were usually undercover detectives. You'd tell one of the boys and they'd go over and talk to the person in the car everytime and usually get them to leave, especially if it's not someone who lived there. This was in the 90s so it was just a different time.

I remember playing Sega Genesis on the back porch of one of their houses all the time with other kids. This was before we had a Boys and Girls club, we would go to an LK house and play videogames there. It was fucking bizarre now that I think of it, but was totally normal at the time. Half the kids became kings themselves and quite a few died from being in that business, but I'll never forget how they actually took care of us when the city didn't.

How obvious were the undercovers? I’ve always assumed they were easy to pick out.

Some of the stuff you’re saying reminds me of stories my dad told me about his childhood. He was Sicilian (aka Cumia) and I guess his one brother who was 10+ years older was involved in whatever the fuck and always had shady people staying in the attic for weeks at a time.

The cops came by one day and started asking him if he knew where this one guy was and he kept saying no, even though the guy was upstairs. After that, the guy gave him a Christmas gift every year until my dad went to college lol.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Forum Clout
How obvious were the undercovers? I’ve always assumed they were easy to pick out.

Some of the stuff you’re saying reminds me of stories my dad told me about his childhood. He was Sicilian (aka Cumia) and I guess his one brother who was 10+ years older was involved in whatever the fuck and always had shady people staying in the attic for weeks at a time.

The cops came by one day and started asking him if he knew where this one guy was and he kept saying no, even though the guy was upstairs. After that, the guy gave him a Christmas gift every year until my dad went to college lol.
Not sure how obvious, we were just told to let them know if we ever see anyone we didn't recognize sitting parked in their car, to let them know. It was probably super obvious when it was a white dude sitting in his car in a neighborhood full of spics. We'd get a few dollars for letting them know and go spend it at the store and have our snacks and shit the day.

If you had a bike with pegs on it, chances were you'd be used as an accessory for a drug deal. I clearly remember one using my pegs and he had a pretty large sized bag of coke right in his hand out in the open slumped over my shoulder where he was hanging on. He jumped off and would give me a couple bucks and I'd be on my way. You can pay children $5 to do most anything!