• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

2000's nostalgia thread

DeadWithoutMyDavid

xe/xim/xey
Forum Clout
I got my first CD burner in 1999, from Circuit City. It was a 4x and it cost me something like $350. You had to install it in the tower, no USB. And blank discs were more expensive at first and prone to failures. But I thought being able to copy CDs was just incredible. And in a few short years it was woefully obsolete.

Roommates of mine modified a playstation 1 to accept burned games and from then on we got unlimited virtually free games from Blockbuster.

fusciasomething

Jacques De Gautier
Forum Clout
Hey, I hated Pete Rose too, but that motherfucker sure could play baseball. The guy just rubs me the wrong way, but nonetheless, Brady is probably the greatest American pro athlete who's ever lived.
Talking about football with any sort of reverence is fucking embarrassing. I do miss the 00’s when you could go to a bar between Sept and Jan and occasionally not hear mentally retarded people screaming at the tv. I hope I live long enough for people to turn on football and call it what it is, white trash fucking garbage. AntH watches less offensive shit

Cptbaldopie

Forum Clout
I dont see any reason to dislike the guy. All he ever did was be the greatest of all time. And anyone who thinks he’s a “cheater” is a faggot if you ask me. Wahh the balls were slightly deflated, cope harder.
He always beat my chargers in the playoffs so I hated him for a long time.

analeggsalad

the Gentleman's sissy hypno
Forum Clout
I was thinking of posting a SS of emule too but I figured that was too deep. Everyone used Kazaa, only hardcores used emule. Remember downloading from Hotline? Or finding FTP servers off oth.net?
my main thing was ShareReactor

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
I remember getting an MP3 CD player which meant I could put multiple albums on 1 CD. Nevermind those albums were KoRn P.O.D. and Linkin Park.
Oh shit, that reminds me: I burned many an MP3 CD, but my dad bought himself and I MP3 players that were battery-powered and had blue LED screens like the old Nokia phones had before phones with full colour screens.

My dad also bought a MiniDisc player and never fucking used it, and neither did anybody else. It's not a bad idea - you convert CDs and MP3s into an even smaller disc you can walk around and play - but it was rendered obsolete the minute it came out by MP3 players.

I never owned one of these, but a friend of mine bought the Nokia N-Gage.

Nokia_N-Gage.png

So, it's half a cellphone, and half a gaming device... but despite being wide, the screen is portrait. IIRC, the phone part was on the slim top of the phone and not the flat part, so when you were on the phone -- like, take the thin side of your phone and hold that to the side of your face. One reviewer at the time said taking a call was like "putting a taco shell to my ear" and that people on the train looked at him like he was a psycho.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Forum Clout
Oh shit, that reminds me: I burned many an MP3 CD, but my dad bought himself and I MP3 players that were battery-powered and had blue LED screens like the old Nokia phones had before phones with full colour screens.

My dad also bought a MiniDisc player and never fucking used it, and neither did anybody else. It's not a bad idea - you convert CDs and MP3s into an even smaller disc you can walk around and play - but it was rendered obsolete the minute it came out by MP3 players.

Nokia_N-Gage.png

So, it's half a cellphone, and half a gaming device... but despite being wide, the screen is portrait. IIRC, the phone part was on the slim top of the phone and not the flat part, so when you were on the phone -- like, take the thin side of your phone and hold that to the side of your face. One reviewer at the time said taking a call was like "putting a taco shell to my ear" and that people on the train looked at him like he was a psycho.
The best part of the Ngage was it had shitty games that you had to remove the battery to insert. I used to have a Creative MP3 player that was just a blue screen not sure if it's what you were talking about but it was a brick.

AntsBatteryCharge

&$;;-:
Forum Clout
I used to use Kazaa, Limewire and WinMX... genuinely, legitimately 16 dick at the time.

Someone mentioned the PS2 as a dvd player, and I probably ended up using it for that more than for games. Me and my also gay friends would play each other at Halo/Halo 2, King of the Fighters, Tony Hawk, etc, back when you had to be in the same room. We'd play GTA 3 and you'd just rampage around until you either died or the cops got you, and you'd pass the controller.

KoRn holds up. Idgaf

I liked the first two albums when they came out and recently revisited a few tracks. All I'll say is that I was a lot less impressed and the guitars did nothing for me.

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
The best part of the Ngage was it had shitty games that you had to remove the battery to insert. I used to have a Creative MP3 player that was just a blue screen not sure if it's what you were talking about but it was a brick.
My first MP3 was some obscure, probably Chinese brand that ran on a AA battery.

I used to use Kazaa, Limewire and WinMX... genuinely, legitimately 16 dick at the time.

Someone mentioned the PS2 as a dvd player, and I probably ended up using it for that more than for games. Me and my also gay friends would play each other at Halo/Halo 2, King of the Fighters, Tony Hawk, etc, back when you had to be in the same room. We'd play GTA 3 and you'd just rampage around until you either died or the cops got you, and you'd pass the controller.
I used all those programs to fawkin download No One Knows, Du Hast and Know Your Enemy (Live), dvv dvv.

A lot of people just bought the PS2 purely for playing DVDs. I remember DVD/VCR combos being pretty expensive at the time.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
Forum Clout
Movies Kevin Smith would make,
Before he lost a ton of weight.
Gee Tom Green sure was great,
Those were they days

And you knew your gender then,
Girls were girls and men were men
Mister we could use a man
Like decathalete Bruce Jenner again

Didn't need no COVID shot.
No one heard of legal pot
My old Saturn always in the shop,
Those...were...the...DAYYYYYYYS!
A chick I was tapping a while ago had some Saturn SUV and I was like "Where the fuck did you even find this?" I thought they all self destructed at the exact same time. You used to see Saturn Ions everywhere and I haven't seen one in like 10 years. Good riddance. Shitty cars for shitty people.

Forum Clout

Nokia_N-Gage.png

The side-talking thing killed the N-gage. It just looked so fucking ridiculous when you were using it as a phone.

Will Tate

Oven March
Forum Clout
Movies Kevin Smith would make,
Before he lost a ton of weight.
Gee Tom Green sure was great,
Those were they days

And you knew your gender then,
Girls were girls and men were men
Mister we could use a man
Like decathalete Bruce Jenner again

Didn't need no COVID shot.