• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

You ever think how crazy it is that Patrick actually believes that being a writer is his job

Torque’sHeadBump

(Voluntarily) torqued boomer
Forum Clout
Asshole, nobody fucking buys your books. Certainly not enough people to where you can make a living from it.

You are a hobbyist writer at best. You're fat too.
I remember someone pointing out how in the Josiah tapes he’d answer the phone with “how can I help you?” or something along those lines.

I honestly don’t understand how he can say being a “writer” is his job when he doesn’t even fucking write anything. Forget books, if he was convinced that writing was his profession he would be publishing op-Ed’s, short stories, anything. He doesn’t write. How the fuck can he say he’s an author?

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
He would have made more working a part time minimum wage job, much more. It’s truly pathetic. I know a woman who sells thousands of books and I think it’s very impressive and gets her some side cash. It’s very much a hobby though, she’s a college professor really. A real one in applied mathematics.

if she made it her full time career she would quickly slip into poverty and we’d all be deeply worried about her instead of thinking it was a cool hobby. She sells more books than Pat’s highest selling one, his recent ones sold under 300 copies lol

Didn’t abandon daughter
Forum Clout
Seeing his book sales were a revelation. In my twenties I was writing for a very prominent sports website. No money but real access and seats so close you could hear the grunts. I had an average of half a million reads per article. I gave up because all these cool things didn’t matter. I felt like a complete fraud. I ended up focusing on my chess and turned that into a job. Pat acts way too important for a nobody

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
Forum Clout
He would have made more working a part time minimum wage job, much more. It’s truly pathetic. I know a woman who sells thousands of books and I think it’s very impressive and gets her some side cash. It’s very much a hobby though, she’s a college professor really. A real one in applied mathematics.

if she made it her full time career she would quickly slip into poverty and we’d all be deeply worried about her instead of thinking it was a cool hobby. She sells more books than Pat’s highest selling one, his recent ones sold under 300 copies lol

The crazy thing is, I do believe he could've been a successful writer; Not writing fiction of course, but if he would've wrote a book on Trump during the height of Drumpf hysteria, I could have seen it selling very well.

I'm going to pay Pat an extremely rare compliment here but I actually think his political writing is decent. Not that I agree with any of his politics but just the fact he cares way more about politics than the average person and is somewhat knowledgeable on the subject means he could've probably done well if he'd focused on that instead of his awful sci fi. His entire brand on Twitter is basically about hating Trump, so of course the dumb fuck didn't take advantage of that and instead wrote his retarded sci fi books instead.

Anyway that ship has long since sailed now and he's stuck being a poverty stricken asshole as he deserves to be.

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
Forum Clout
I'm going to pay Pat an extremely rare compliment here but I actually think his political writing is decent.
Wrong, child.

In all seriousness, the problem with his political writing is that the anti-Trump market was/is so saturated. He's not a good enough writer to separate himself from the noise. In fact, I'd say he is the noise.

The problem with that is he's somehow an even worse sci Fi writer.

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
Forum Clout
Wrong, child.

In all seriousness, the problem with his political writing is that the anti-Trump market was/is so saturated. He's not a good enough writer to separate himself from the noise. In fact, I'd say he is the noise.

Maybe you're right. I just think there was a point where he was getting a lot of viral tweets and his little spat with Ben Shapiro/the viral abortion tweet got him a lot of attention. He's retarded as fuck for not taking advantage of that to benefit himself financially in some way. Then again, he is retarded so I don't know why I'm surprised by that.

Mr-Wrinkle-Paws

My name's Henry. And you're here with me now
Forum Clout
Maybe you're right. I just think there was a point where he was getting a lot of viral tweets and his little spat with Ben Shapiro/the viral abortion tweet got him a lot of attention. He's retarded as fuck for not taking advantage of that to benefit himself financially in some way. Then again, he is retarded so I don't know why I'm surprised by that.
Anything anti Trump was given likes kind of like here when somebody says nigger

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
Forum Clout
I totally agree. It would have been the smart move but he's not smart enough to actually make waves in that space. Shapiro would have embarrassed him by talking circles around him and that would've been the end of that. Pat knew he wasn't smart enough to keep up with him so he blocked him to save himself the humiliation.

I'm sure Ben Shapiro's stance on abortion was long documented way before Pat's dumb tweet. For him to go on, it would've required him to do some research and actually formulate a legitimate opinion, which was going to be out of the question.

Jenna

The Mix 94.9 $3000 Fugitive
Forum Clout
Wrong, child.

Bingo, that was my problem with the "humor" of the Trump Presidency. Orange Man would do something retarded, and twitter would trip over themselves trying to be the first one to make the best insult. Every "comedian" afraid to punch down and make a problematic joke could stretch their proverbial legs so long as they were shitting on whatever Trump did that day.

BudDickman

Forum Clout
If he actually made money, he would be posting more pictures of himself wiping fake tears with checks, this time with the amount visible. He's a validation-seeking faggot who brags about things like barely finishing 10k races, burning a beef wellington, and receiving $4k and $8k book advances.

He has made several tweets where he tries to make a joke out of the royalty checks that he receives that are less than $1, as though he receives any checks at all that are substantial amounts.

The $4k and $8k book advance checks are obviously a huge deal for him. I don't think publishers do any tax withholding on checks, so if he makes six figures like he claims, it would take between 13 and 25 of those checks per to earn that much.

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
QThe crazy thing is, I do believe he could've been a successful writer; Not writing fiction of course, but if he would've wrote a book on Trump during the height of Drumpf hysteria, I could have seen it selling very well.

I'm going to pay Pat an extremely rare compliment here but I actually think his political writing is decent. Not that I agree with any of his politics but just the fact he cares way more about politics than the average person and is somewhat knowledgeable on the subject means he could've probably done well if he'd focused on that instead of his awful sci fi. His entire brand on Twitter is basically about hating Trump, so of course the dumb fuck didn't take advantage of that and instead wrote his retarded sci fi books instead.

Anyway that ship has long since sailed now and he's stuck being a poverty stricken asshole as he deserves to be.

there’s a million of those hysterical trump retards shilling their hot takes, he couldn’t have got anywhere because he’s fundamentally a bad writer. Someone here has a great example, he refers to main antagonists as only looking “half human, half machine” which is anything from half r2d2 and half Keith richards to half snoop dogg and half steam roller. He won’t make it because he can’t do it. It’s hobbyist fan fiction at best.

Stent

jewery duty
Forum Clout
Most of the people writing about politics understand reality and only pick a "team" because they know that's how to sell a book. Pat doesn't understand either side. He watches a video or reads someone else's opinions then pretends they are his own. He's so retarded he's convinced himself that's not true, yet everyone else can see it.

G

I'm going to disagree, simply because IMO he doesn't have the discipline and work ethic to do the research needed for something like that. He just spews hot takes and bullshit, which is fine for something like The Hill or NYT, but his Trump book would be full of bullshit like Piss Play Polpot and straight up lies like him saying Hilary won. I don't think he has the effort in him to actually churn out a non-fiction book.