• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWE is fucking faggot shit

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
I said it I can’t stand relistening to old shows and hearing Genetic Experiment Sam Roberts gush over WWE like it’s real.

Look, Vince is a real ass dude. Sniff. And WWE does some funny ass shit like bringing out god, or having terrorists attack the Undertaker, or making Vince Mcmahon have a hood character. But the actual sport itself is ridiculous and gay. At least in MMA when dudes are sweaty and grabbing each other they’re trying to knock each other out. In WWE when two big dudes are “fighting” each other it’s for a play rivalry. It’s almost as embarrassing as being over the age of 10 and liking Kiss.

GhostofMewler'sStillbirth

nice uterus, stupid
Forum Clout
I said it I can’t stand relistening to old shows and hearing Genetic Experiment Sam Roberts gush over WWE like it’s real.

Look, Vince is a real ass dude. Sniff. And WWE does some funny ass shit like bringing out god, or having terrorists attack the Undertaker, or making Vince Mcmahon have a hood character. But the actual sport itself is ridiculous and gay. At least in MMA when dudes are sweaty and grabbing each other they’re trying to knock each other out. In WWE when two big dudes are “fighting” each other it’s for a play rivalry. It’s almost as embarrassing as being over the age of 10 and liking Kiss.
WWF was meant for kids to preteenz. Any adult into it was 'off'.

cliveowen

stlaker
Forum Clout

I enjoy listening to shoot interviews with 80s era wrestlers on YouTube. Lots of crazy/funny stories.

Also royal rumble can be fun to watch. I would never pay for it, but I've watched a stream the last few years.

But you have to be a full on mongoloid to watch modern wrestling and care who wins and loses.

Opesterino

How does that feel?!
Forum Clout
I think all modern wrestling sucks. My group of friends have been all over AEW since its debut but I think that shitshow makes WWE look good. People going on and on about Kenny Omega and when I finally look into him I see this.

kennyomega.jpg
omega.jpg

Embarrassing.

I enjoy listening to all the older guys do those shoot interviews and I can still watch classic wrestling without getting myself upset.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Forum Clout
I think all modern wrestling sucks. My group of friends have been all over AEW since its debut but I think that shitshow makes WWE look good. People going on and on about Kenny Omega and when I finally look into him I see this.

View attachment 54893View attachment 54898

Embarrassing.

I enjoy listening to all the older guys do those shoot interviews and I can still watch classic wrestling without getting myself upset.

The shoot videos are excellent. That era of time, where the territories dominated America, and since it was pre-internet, the rubes could be rubed, is some of the most amazing examples of fooling a large section of people.

I respect the hell out of Cornette for his perspective on how the industry should work - outdated or not, the principles he expounds are rather bloody accurate - but the problem is, even if the industry didn't get exposed by McMahon, it was always bound to happen.

Taking it a little more seriously might help get a new audience invested though, because these kids grow up and move on.

Opesterino

How does that feel?!
Forum Clout
The shoot videos are excellent. That era of time, where the territories dominated America, and since it was pre-internet, the rubes could be rubed, is some of the most amazing examples of fooling a large section of people.

I respect the hell out of Cornette for his perspective on how the industry should work - outdated or not, the principles he expounds are rather bloody accurate - but the problem is, even if the industry didn't get exposed by McMahon, it was always bound to happen.

Taking it a little more seriously might help get a new audience invested though, because these kids grow up and move on.

I agree 100% with Cornette's opinion when it comes to wrestling, its just his politics and his jew co-host I can do without. I been watching wrestling since the late 80's but it was mostly WWF with a little WCW until the late 90s with ECW and getting access to tape trading. I def think a more professional sports based style could work but all the fans are so split on what they consider good wrestling is. Myself I can not stand the gymnastics / lucha styles and while I think the japanese strong style can make a believer out of anyone, I am not a fan of all the stiff bumps and unsafe spots. Poor Mizawa, I am in pain just by watching clips of him walking to the ring. You are right when it came to the internet, it completely changed the landscape of the business when it comes to the fans.

UnPRePared

Forum Clout
I agree 100% with Cornette's opinion when it comes to wrestling, its just his politics and his jew co-host I can do without. I been watching wrestling since the late 80's but it was mostly WWF with a little WCW until the late 90s with ECW and getting access to tape trading. I def think a more professional sports based style could work but all the fans are so split on what they consider good wrestling is. Myself I can not stand the gymnastics / lucha styles and while I think the japanese strong style can make a believer out of anyone, I am not a fan of all the stiff bumps and unsafe spots. Poor Mizawa, I am in pain just by watching clips of him walking to the ring. You are right when it came to the internet, it completely changed the landscape of the business when it comes to the fans.

I like Brian. Don't always agree with him, but he's clearly knowledgeable. The woman who was his original co-host was awful, so keep that in mind. And the politics? Is what it is. I don't like when he makes it part of his identity, which isn't often luckily, but I don't particularly like it when ANYONE does that. We're more complex creatures than that.

From what I have read, before Ring of Honor was bought out by White Claw Khan, they were doing a very serious, sport oriented presentation. I never got to see it, but it sounded like the right idea. It's not a sport, but if you treat it like one, people can care and get invested. I don't see that being so hard.

Opesterino

How does that feel?!
Forum Clout
I like Brian. Don't always agree with him, but he's clearly knowledgeable. The woman who was his original co-host was awful, so keep that in mind. And the politics? Is what it is. I don't like when he makes it part of his identity, which isn't often luckily, but I don't particularly like it when ANYONE does that. We're more complex creatures than that.

From what I have read, before Ring of Honor was bought out by White Claw Khan, they were doing a very serious, sport oriented presentation. I never got to see it, but it sounded like the right idea. It's not a sport, but if you treat it like one, people can care and get invested. I don't see that being so hard.

Al Snow often comes off holier than thou but he is right in a lot of aspects as well. One of the most important things I would think is keeping kayfabe and having a respect for the work and the fans. If the company makes a big deal out of the main title and there isn't a dozen other ones then it would be special when you see a match for it. Wrestlers in a blood feud on tv but on instagram hanging out kills it. One of the main things I found to be true for myself is that ignoring Meltzer's and his ilk's opinion when it comes to who is best and what matches deserve praise. By not getting sucked into minutia it helps me to enjoy current things a bit more.

You are right about ROH, from what I heard as well their product arguably had the best in ring performers / matches out of any companies at that time.

UnPRePared

Forum Clout
Al Snow often comes off holier than thou but he is right in a lot of aspects as well. One of the most important things I would think is keeping kayfabe and having a respect for the work and the fans. If the company makes a big deal out of the main title and there isn't a dozen other ones then it would be special when you see a match for it. Wrestlers in a blood feud on tv but on instagram hanging out kills it. One of the main things I found to be true for myself is that ignoring Meltzer's and his ilk's opinion when it comes to who is best and what matches deserve praise. By not getting sucked into minutia it helps me to enjoy current things a bit more.

You are right about ROH, from what I heard as well their product arguably had the best in ring performers / matches out of any companies at that time.

Fuck Meltzer. He went from being a reporter to trying to be revered. A wrestling version of Anderson Cooper or Bill O'Reilly - how fucked up is that?

I get that we're at the point that we all know these lads play characters, but it's not like making a movie or a show on the telly - you are trying to get people's money. You have to sell the bout. Boxers and MMA fighters do the same thing. So why can't these guys?

Forum Clout
There used to be the illusion that pro wrestling was a sport. You had a promotion, and that promotion had a "world championship", and the wrestlers competed to get a shot at possibly winning that championship, which is more or less how it would have worked if it was a real sport. Everything that happened sprang from that. You had two contenders fighting to see who'd get a title shot, and the bad guy would cheat, which would set up a big feud where the good guy would look for revenge, and there was a general logic to it. You understood why the good guy was mad, as the bad guy cost him a shot at the title.

Then Vince cartooned it all up, with wrestling dentists and wrestling garbagemen, so in response, the other promotions began catering to "smart fans" by amping up the violence and pandering to those fans with lots of fake "shoots" and "inside" jokes. But it was unsustainable, as they always had to try to top the last thing that happened, which became difficult when guys started leaping from balconies and setting each other on fire. Plus, they couldn't match Vince's resources, so all the top talent ended up in WWF, even if they were barely used. And once Vince squeezed everyone else out, he implemented his gay vision of what "sports entertainment" was, with lots of skits, sex jokes, and ego gratification. The idea that the WWF (or E) was a sports league fell by the wayside.

johnnynoname

I have a face like a shovel
Forum Clout
There used to be the illusion that pro wrestling was a sport. You had a promotion, and that promotion had a "world championship", and the wrestlers competed to get a shot at possibly winning that championship, which is more or less how it would have worked if it was a real sport. Everything that happened sprang from that. You had two contenders fighting to see who'd get a title shot, and the bad guy would cheat, which would set up a big feud where the good guy would look for revenge, and there was a general logic to it. You understood why the good guy was mad, as the bad guy cost him a shot at the title.

Then Vince cartooned it all up, with wrestling dentists and wrestling garbagemen, so in response, the other promotions began catering to "smart fans" by amping up the violence and pandering to those fans with lots of fake "shoots" and "inside" jokes. But it was unsustainable, as they always had to try to top the last thing that happened, which became difficult when guys started leaping from balconies and setting each other on fire. Plus, they couldn't match Vince's resources, so all the top talent ended up in WWF, even if they were barely used. And once Vince squeezed everyone else out, he implemented his gay vision of what "sports entertainment" was, with lots of skits, sex jokes, and ego gratification. The idea that the WWF (or E) was a sports league fell by the wayside.
eww.....do you realize in the time you wrote this, you could have been doing something constructive like jerking off