• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAWT quitting smoking 5 years ago

Dennyislife

Forum Clout
Most people start when they're kids. Because it looks cool. And it does look cool, no one has ever been able to refute this. I used to be able to smoke in the pizza place after school until they banned smoking my freshman year. Also in those days any adult would buy cigarettes if you asked.
My early drinking days were the tail end of smoking being allowed in pubs. Drinking a nice cold pint always looked cooler to me. Smokers tend to be grubby people who smell 🤷‍♂️

Zombie247

Go work. Get Sandwiches
Forum Clout
I smoked like a trooper in my 20's. Packed it in after my early 30's. I will have a cheeky cigarette. Every now and again. Feel like shit the next day. Coughing and smelling like a ashtray.

DiarrheaDick

Get up here and shut up!
Forum Clout
I don't understand why people get into smoking.
Because they make you look fuckin cool.

I stopped about 10 years ago after getting over a really really bad cold. I physically couldn't smoke, let alone breathe very well, for an entire month. I just never started again since I'd been wanting to stop for a while anyway. My biggest issue was just figuring out what to do with my hands when I was driving since the first thing I'd always do before putting my manual V8 muscle car into gear was light up a ciggy.

Last edited:
G

Most people start when they're kids. Because it looks cool. And it does look cool, no one has ever been able to refute this. I used to be able to smoke in the pizza place after school until they banned smoking my freshman year. Also in those days any adult would buy cigarettes if you asked.
As someone who started as a teenager because I thought it looked cool, I have to say it doesn't anymore, at least to me. You see old guys huddled outside a pub, braving the wind and cold just to suck down poison. It's pathetic, in the traditional sense of the word, you almost feel sorry for them. I always chuckle when I see a teenage guy smoking a butt while holding it between his thumb and forefinger, more so if he's got his collar up and is trying to look wistful like James Dean. Been there, done that. You look like a muppet, kid, just like I did.

Forum Clout
As someone who started as a teenager because I thought it looked cool, I have to say it doesn't anymore, at least to me. You see old guys huddled outside a pub, braving the wind and cold just to suck down poison. It's pathetic, in the traditional sense of the word, you almost feel sorry for them. I always chuckle when I see a teenage guy smoking a butt while holding it between his thumb and forefinger, more so if he's got his collar up and is trying to look wistful like James Dean. Been there, done that. You look like a muppet, kid, just like I did.
Nah smoking is still cool and harmless. Too expensive though.

LockedHDD__Pot

Forum Clout
I wonder if there's some tobacco-leaf energy running down the lay-lines... I bought a pack yesterday too (1st time in a few weeks)

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
Forum Clout
I was super anti smoking when I was a kid. I still think it's retarded. I smoke a lot less than most smokers I know and the amount of money I spend on cigarettes is just fucking stupid. My buddy and I went ice fishing a while ago after a huge snowfall and we took turns dragging the sled through the deep snow and we were still winded as fuck. We were both decent athletes and still do physical work and we were having to take breaks just to catch our breath. I never used to lose my breath.

I don't even like the taste of cigarettes anymore, it's just a dumb fucking thing to get into. I had to pretty much train myself to like them in the first place. The first time I ever tried them I smoked two back to back and then threw up and shit simultaneously.