• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAWT New Metallica album

Udders

Great food
Forum Clout
When you make a deal with the devil/Satan, you can't retire or rest- it's why all these faggots never actually go on a real farewell tour. Look at Ozzy. Fucking decrepit as shit and announced his retirement (again) and now he'll be hitting the Spring and Summer rock festivals. At this point, he's a glorified corpse and Sharon keeps wheeling the old guy out there-
They're a bit different though. They own their own master recordings (that they sued for), have their own record label, and just bought their own vinyl pressing plant. 16, dick, most of the music business, but they really aren't under anyone's thumb anymore.

Duxbury Dave

The Ringleader
Forum Clout
Average but theres a couple songs I really like. I love that they're still out there doing it when they could just retire and enjoy the fruits of their success. They've made it through the shit that kills 95% of bands.
Agree w/ this 100%. Saw them in Pittsburgh last summer and they sounded better than they have in decades (even Lars seems to have tightened up). Some decent songs on new album including SS.
20230311_204003.jpg

G

Agree w/ this 100%. Saw them in Pittsburgh last summer and they sounded better than they have in decades (even Lars seems to have tightened up). Some decent songs on new album including SS.
View attachment 109656
I'm giving it another spin after my favorable review last night. Still shocked at how much I enjoy it. Granted this isn't the highest bar to leap, but I think it's probably their best album of this millennium. Hetfield's voice is strong as fuck on this one. It's nowhere near the first four, but I wasn't expecting it to be.

Udders

Great food
Forum Clout
I'm giving it another spin after my favorable review last night. Still shocked at how much I enjoy it. Granted this isn't the highest bar to leap, but I think it's probably their best album of this millennium. Hetfield's voice is strong as fuck on this one. It's nowhere near the first four, but I wasn't expecting it to be.
Death Magnetic is better, I don't understand the hate it was getting in the other thread. The first disc of Hardwired I also think is better but not the second disc.

G

Death Magnetic is better, I don't understand the hate it was getting in the other thread. The first disc of Hardwired I also think is better but not the second disc.
I liked Death Magnetic at the time, but over the years I just hear them being like "seriously we still rock guys, forget St. Anger!" Right down to having an instrumental on it and a slow song as the fourth track. I still like Cyanide and The Judas Kiss, but I don't revisit much else from it. I agree that the first disc of Hardwired is good, but the second one has Spit Out the Bone so I can't completely write it off. I'm just really enjoying the new one. I'll see how I feel in a year or two.