• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAWD Wrestlemania XXX?

DMAN

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
Primetime was hilarious but the run of episodes with Piper in '89 is some of the funniest shit ever.

Episode five of that playlist when Heenan rejoins the show for the Summerslam special is when it gets good.

I don't understand why they can't use this wildly successful format anymore.

It's like SportsCenter hosted by comedians. Its funny as hell and it markets the show perfectly.
I understand live TV is more compelling, but they should have 5 of these recap shows and just let the motor mouths on to talk shit.

All WWE content now feels like metrosexual ugly people gossiping about shit nobody in the world truly cares about.

Stetten's Long Thumbers

Poot poot poot poot
Forum Clout
For a few months in 2014-2015, I was temporarily watching WWE again for the goof.

It was mind-numbing how fucking retarded it was. Every 5 minutes you saw something that made zero sense, or a monumental fuckup/miscalculation.

I can only imagine how fucked up and terrible it is now, considering the most boring, worst part of the show back then (Roman Reigns) is currently their leading man and main character.

I was still a teenager during John Cena's big rise in the 2000s... Hated his lazy ass with a passion. But I would sooner rewatch John Cena win fake fights against the entire world than to spend 5 seconds watching a Roman Reigns clip. He is entertainment cancer who also has cancer irl.
All I do is look up pics of Alexa Bliss's ass.

DMAN

Forum Clout
That's because it's for children and the audience mostly grows out of it.

That has no bearing on 1 company succeeding beyond expectations and their more youth oriented competitors failing to catch up.

You just wanted another excuse to bash fake gay wrestling, at least make sense when you do it.

ChildSpitTake

"He's ducking through the alleys!"
Forum Clout
Stand & Deliver was amazing, I did not expect the ending whatsoever. Breakker is probably going to the main roster on Monday?

Forum Clout
I don't understand why they can't use this wildly successful format anymore.

It's like SportsCenter hosted by comedians. Its funny as hell and it markets the show perfectly.
I understand live TV is more compelling, but they should have 5 of these recap shows and just let the motor mouths on to talk shit.

All WWE content now feels like metrosexual ugly people gossiping about shit nobody in the world truly cares about.
"Like Sportscenter"...they used to treat it like it was a sport. A wrestling league, where wrestlers competed for a shot at the wresting championship, which was the entire point of the whole thing. A guy working for years to get a shot at becoming a wrestling champion is believable, a guy working for years to become a "superstar" is fucking gay.

G

"Like Sportscenter"...they used to treat it like it was a sport. A wrestling league, where wrestlers competed for a shot at the wresting championship, which was the entire point of the whole thing. A guy working for years to get a shot at becoming a wrestling champion is believable, a guy working for years to become a "superstar" is fucking gay.
Kayfabe died decades ago. Social media further buried wrestling. Half these faggots just want to do back flips, they don't understand the storytelling aspect of it.

Flair, Piper, Jesse, Heenan... people would pay money to listen to these guys read the phonebook.

DMAN

Forum Clout
Kayfabe died decades ago

I don't see why people say this like it makes any sense. It also isn't the 1800s anymore. People knew it was fake when Hulk Hogan's open fists were barely grazing his opponents.

As some of our own forum-goers can attest, you don't have to be a wrestling fan to find the subculture and its history fascinating... In my opinion, there is a wholly undiscovered evolution for wrestling... If you format the TV show to take into account real life events, and tease the audience with real tension between these retards. It's no different than UFC, any other sport really. You just need an outrageous story, or an asshole people want to see brutalized.

The marks don't have to think it's real for the business to adapt. That's been proven, they will still watch the shows, buy the merch, and attend the events. If anything you might be able to capturee a larger audience if you let some of the silly tropes (like irish whipping off the ropes) wither away.

DMAN

Forum Clout
Imagine some future civilization studying "Hulk Hogan" how we do Spartacus and other gladiators...cringe.

Funnily enough, concepts like that haven't entered my mind since I turned 21... I cannot imagine our civilization lasting for much longer, especially not with the amount of info we have now. I don't even think the internet itself is long for this world.

FatPatsBaps

Charming, funny, and witty, atalker.
Forum Clout
There's so much wrong with modern wrestling that I don't know where to begin.

I don't see why people say this like it makes any sense. It also isn't the 1800s anymore. People knew it was fake when Hulk Hogan's open fists were barely grazing his opponents.

As some of our own forum-goers can attest, you don't have to be a wrestling fan to find the subculture and its history fascinating... In my opinion, there is a wholly undiscovered evolution for wrestling... If you format the TV show to take into account real life events, and tease the audience with real tension between these retards. It's no different than UFC, any other sport really. You just need an outrageous story, or an asshole people want to see brutalized.

The marks don't have to think it's real for the business to adapt. That's been proven, they will still watch the shows, buy the merch, and attend the events. If anything you might be able to capturee a larger audience if you let some of the silly tropes (like irish whipping off the ropes) wither away.

Apparently Bill Watts thought that the "marks" who bought tickets to see Mid-South Wrestling in the 80s knew deep-down it was predetermined, but they were so invested into believing it was real that they just went along with it.

Anyone's who watched wrestling knows it's fake; the issue is really today's presentation. Modern wrestling, as a whole, is presented as an ironic, tongue-in-cheek, form of entertainment where it parodies itself. Gone are the days when you had real men fighting over things that mattered, like titles, money, respect, revenge, etc. Nowadays they're play-fighting and performing over shit like twitter beefs, or proving themselves to be "superstars" to their fragile self-concept, like something out of America's Got Talent.

If only these wrestling companies would present a show that's not necessarily deadly serious, but grounded in reality where the announcers / GMs / ring-crew were selling it straight, and the only wacky elements were from the wrestlers' gimmicks (who are preferably over 6 feet and weighing anywhere between 250-300), then wrestling would be far more popular in the mainstream instead of the niche it is today.

Forum Clout
There's so much wrong with modern wrestling that I don't know where to begin.

Apparently Bill Watts thought that the "marks" who bought tickets to see Mid-South Wrestling in the 80s knew deep-down it was predetermined, but they were so invested into believing it was real that they just went along with it.

Anyone's who watched wrestling knows it's fake; the issue is really today's presentation. Modern wrestling, as a whole, is presented as an ironic, tongue-in-cheek, form of entertainment where it parodies itself. Gone are the days when you had real men fighting over things that mattered, like titles, money, respect, revenge, etc. Nowadays they're play-fighting and performing over shit like twitter beefs, or proving themselves to be "superstars" to their fragile self-concept, like something out of America's Got Talent.

If only these wrestling companies would present a show that's not necessarily deadly serious, but grounded in reality where the announcers / GMs / ring-crew were selling it straight, and the only wacky elements were from the wrestlers' gimmicks (who are preferably over 6 feet and weighing anywhere between 250-300), then wrestling would be far more popular in the mainstream instead of the niche it is today.
Exactly, they used to pretend it was an actual sport, where wrestlers trained and fought their way through the ranks to earn a shot at a championship, like how all sports work. Now, though, it's a bunch of oily fairies twirling and doing "highspots" to make the crowd oooh and ahhh.