• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAWD Swans?

G

Only ever heard a few of their songs, but i liked those. Never listened to a full album. Album recommendation?

G

I'm in Patreekys boat

AF4A9E9D-1AB9-463F-ABB0-A55310FE0B48.jpeg

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Forum Clout
They're pretty awesome, but you have to be in the right mood. Soundtracks for the Blind is a terrifying album. I saw them described somewhere as Redneck Pink Floyd. Their early stuff like Filth is totally different and really aggressive.
They are like Pink Floyd.... ON CRACK!

Wild

I love media!
Forum Clout
Only ever heard a few of their songs, but i liked those. Never listened to a full album. Album recommendation?
White Light From the Mouth of Infinity is great. (The song I posted was from it)

Soundtracks for the Blind is a masterpiece, but you have to be in the right mindset and mood to fully appreciate it. It defies your typical expectations for a "normal" album. Best listened to late at night with no other distractions and just focusing on it. I doubt you'll be disappointed via that way.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Forum Clout
White Light From the Mouth of Infinity is great. (The song I posted was from it)

Soundtracks for the Blind is a masterpiece, but you have to be in the right mindset and mood to fully appreciate it. It defies your typical expectations for a "normal" album. Best listened to late at night with no other distractions and just focusing on it. I doubt you'll be disappointed via that way.
The Seer is the one album I listened to and really enjoyed. I'll check out that one.

Wild

I love media!
Forum Clout
The Seer is the one album I listened to and really enjoyed. I'll check out that one.
I liked The Seer, even though I'm not normally into abrasive sounding music. (Which Swans albums having flowing from their ass). The feel is kind of similar between Seer and Soundtracks with being dark, but Soundtrack is really something you'll have to experience for yourself.

G

Had some people over yesterday and this came on the playlist I had going. They definitely have a cool sound. Need to check more of their stuff.
[MEDIA=youtube]14b_yqIVeLg[/MEDIA]

Forum Clout
If you ever find yourself in a position where you have an unwanted female in your place of residence and you want her to leave, just put on any Swans record. Death Grips, SunnO))), Khanate and Burning Witch work well too, and you can never go wrong with King Diamond in a pinch. The drawback being that if said woman actually likes Swans, you now have way bigger problems.

Front 242

Bad Boy Bubby
Forum Clout
I saw them live when they were touring in 2016. Me and my friends toked some chiba with their bass and slide guitar players behind the venue. They listen good. I don't get that angry like I used to so I don't listen too often anymore.

FatPatsBaps

Charming, funny, and witty, atalker.
Forum Clout
If you really need an album to start somewhere, try To Be Kind.

The production's fucking perfect. Listen to that and you'll have a feel for whether you like them or not, and if you want to move on to their more gothic post-rock (White Light / SFTB) or aggressive no wave albums (Filth / Cop).

Children of God is a good one too.

FatPatsBaps

Charming, funny, and witty, atalker.
Forum Clout
If you ever find yourself in a position where you have an unwanted female in your place of residence and you want her to leave, just put on any Swans record. Death Grips, SunnO))), Khanate and Burning Witch work well too, and you can never go wrong with King Diamond in a pinch. The drawback being that if said woman actually likes Swans, you now have way bigger problems.
I still need to listen to that album SunO))) and Scott Walker did. Thanks for reminding me!

ThePepsiColaRapist

Dan doesn’t have a penis. I. Do.
Forum Clout
White Light from the Mouth of Infinity and The Seer would be a good place to start, followed by Soundtracks for the Blind and To Be Kind.
If you like what you hear, just start picking records at random.
Swans never disappoint.

ThePepsiColaRapist

Dan doesn’t have a penis. I. Do.
Forum Clout
“Public Castration is a Good Idea” and “Swans are Dead” are amazing live albums. Public Castration is one of the most fawkin brutal albums ever made, puriod.
Swans are Dead was my introduction to the band. It sorta scared me.