• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAWD Smart Watches?

Monk

Forum Clout
I bought a Vivoactive 3 for golf but I use the other features quite a bit. Nice being able to screen calls, control music, and read phone notifications. I substitute teach and jobs get posted on an app called Frontline which sends a push notification when something new pops up. Good jobs tend to get snapped up quickly so it's nice knowing as soon as they're available without needing to have my phone's ringer on.

The golf features are really helpful too. The watch displays yardages, water/bunker locations, has a scorecard feature, and syncs with Garmin's golf app. Wish it allowed you to record the club you use for each stroke on the fly but it doesn't so I just write it down then go back and enter the info after the round. Being able to reliably track how far you hit each club on average is extremely helpful.

Petworth dude

Run PFG
Forum Clout
And you should never buy a watch you can’t afford to buy twice (actually I apply that rule to everything in life)
Very well said. I just dropped $575 for a Hamilton Khaki Field Auto on Sunday, and I definitely would not have spent nearly $1200 on a new watch. For my income level and general priorities, I'm not (yet) comfortable pulling the trigger on anything over a grand.