• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAWD Smart Watches?

G

Is it worth getting one? I’m trying to use my phone less frequently. My main purpose for getting one would be the fitness features and not having a phone in my hand so much. Brotherman that have one, what do you mainly use it for and do you recommend one?

EllenTorquehorn

looking for a vehicle
Forum Clout
If you want a fitness watch Garmin makes pretty good ones. The latest model is the Fenix 7X which is expensive but the 6X with solar is 95% as good and you can get it for 1/3rd the price new in box on eBay

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Forum Clout
Get a regular 5610 G-Shock watch.

A smartwatch needs to be recharged, which is fucking retarded.

Having a watch saves me from looking at my phone multiple times a day. Which starts with me looking at my phone just to know the time most of the time.

DiarrheaDick

Get up here and shut up!
Forum Clout
My phone is bulky so having the watch is nice so I can just leave my phone somewhere nearby. My memory is shot and the lady and I are on opposite schedules so it also helps to make sure I don't miss any reminders. It's nice to keep track of my steps too since I tend to be a shiftless bastard some days.

Opesterino

How does that feel?!
Forum Clout
I guess a watch is kinda apart of the standard dress for men but I could never get into wearing anything on my wrists or hands. back when punk and everything was popular in school everyone wore those silly leather wristbands or whathave you and I tried to go along with the style but such felt like handcuffs (hi rick!).

Still owning a nice watch wouldn't hurt, maybe a silver pocket watch or something would be best. who know ?!

- note to self : nice story stupid

TomFromNawlins

Forum Clout
I just use one of the latest Fitbits with GPS for running but don’t wear it all the time. Garmins are a nicer option but more expensive.
Other than that I avoid watches because I don’t want to be a watch guy who calls them timepieces and makes them part of his personality.

Harry Powell

Bruce is more helpful to Defendants than Plaintiff
Forum Clout
I got an Apple Watch with LTE for this purpose. It sort of works. I can leave my phone in my car and go about my day knowing if someone really needs me i can take the call. I’ve actually answered a call from work while in the middle of a lake skiing before.

I also like it for leaving my phone behind when I’m alpine skiing. When I’m running or cycling or working out I can also leave my phone in my car and have my music, which is nice too.

Just turn off all notifications for everything except phone calls and maybe texts and you can be semi-unplugged.

Now all of that being said is it worth the money and monthly fee? Probably not.

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Forum Clout
Get a regular 5610 G-Shock watch.

A smartwatch needs to be recharged, which is fucking retarded.

Having a watch saves me from looking at my phone multiple times a day. Which starts with me looking at my phone just to know the time most of the time.
Its really all you need.

Zombie247

Go work. Get Sandwiches
Forum Clout
Get one of these. You'll be the coolest kid on the block:
2866fee15c65c2a6a788e67ff3bff661.jpg

Buddy_christ.jpg

G

They're gay. Had one and ended up giving it to my nephew. I don't need to know my resting heart rate at any hour of the day and there's something creepy about them. Who wants that data? It made me feel like I was being monitored and tracked, even more than a phone.

FingerofGod

Forum Clout
I got an Apple Watch with LTE for this purpose. It sort of works. I can leave my phone in my car and go about my day knowing if someone really needs me i can take the call. I’ve actually answered a call from work while in the middle of a lake skiing before.

I also like it for leaving my phone behind when I’m alpine skiing. When I’m running or cycling or working out I can also leave my phone in my car and have my music, which is nice too.

Just turn off all notifications for everything except phone calls and maybe texts and you can be semi-unplugged.

How did you ski inside of a lake?

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Forum Clout
Get one of these. You'll be the coolest kid on the block:View attachment 89351
View attachment 89352
Some kid in my 4th grade class had one of those and would turn the TV on that was in the classroom.

Our teacher made everyone empty their backpacks to see if they had a remote on them. Fooled her completely to where she unplugged the TV midway through the school year.

This nigga would even shut the TV off when we were watching shitty educational programs. It was pretty damn funny.

G

Yes this was my thinking exactly. When i’m exercising or at work just leave my phone in the car, i’m still reachable for emergencies etc and i have access to my music, audiobooks and fitness apps but i don’t have to take the phone with me everywhere and checking it all the time like a junkie.