• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAWD People still watching sitcoms in 2023

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
Forum Clout
I think "Modern Family" is the last network sitcom that a significant number of Americans sat down and actually watched. That era is over.

It actually had some heartwarming moments, tbchwy

SNIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

And WWAWD Sofia Vergara? :sneaky::cool:

G

Grown adult watches others engage in lying...

Once you embed this truth in your psyche, you will forever feel ridiculous watching movies or tv. Go escape away, but everyone here who critics/discuss movies makes me feel like they're exposing their childishness, and I feel embarrassed on their behalf (because I'm high empath...a jewy terminology for sure, but apt).
so what do you do all day, stare at the wall in silence or read books like a faggot nerd?
This is definitely child's alt lol

Petworth dude

Run PFG
Forum Clout
I think it's important that we categorize these sitcoms. The three-camera setup sitcoms with laugh tracks are painfully unfunny in 2023. But the ones without a laugh track or a live audience can be fine, like It's Always Sunny or Curb.

Forum Clout
Always had a soft spot for Everybody Loves Raymond, especially when the entire episode felt like one long scene over something trivial. No hokey sitcom jokes. Just Italians arguing.

Sitcoms have devolved into sociopolitical commentary with snappy dialogue to string along rubes. I'd look down on anyone who watched them in the last decade. Im pretty sure the entire audience is just old people who fell asleep with the TV on.

EraGodless

Forum Clout
Saw that "The Conners" was in its fifth season after Roseanne got canned. Clicked on a random episode and it opened with "This episode is filmed in front of a live fully vaccinated audience." EWW

Then clicked on That 90s Show and in the first scene Red was dancing.

Everybody looks so old.
If you're talking about That 90's show- Red and Kitty look the same (although Kirkwood Smith has looked 50 since the early 80's) and Topher Grace looked like his milquetoast self. Donna looked ooollldd. And Kutcher and Kunis looked pretty good for being in their 40's. The show itself is pretty bland and the new cast can't act for shit. I do think it's funny that they made the Asian male a big fat effeminate faggot.

Last edited:

warchief1978

I am the man with no name...
Forum Clout
Saw that "The Conners" was in its fifth season after Roseanne got canned. Clicked on a random episode and it opened with "This episode is filmed in front of a live fully vaccinated audience." EWW

Then clicked on That 90s Show and in the first scene Red was dancing.

Everybody looks so old
WTF happened to Dona?
Screenshot_20230126_022459_Chrome.jpg

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
I think it's important that we categorize these sitcoms. The three-camera setup sitcoms with laugh tracks are painfully unfunny in 2023. But the ones without a laugh track or a live audience can be fine, like It's Always Sunny or Curb.
I think only CBS is still doing sitcoms with laugh tracks, probably because they’re known as the old people network. Maybe fox still does some? It’s crazy to think how NBC used to dominate in comedy sitcoms / shows for decades. I can’t even think of the last recent funny show on NBC.

G

Sitcoms are NAAAHT FUNNEH! At least they haven't been in a really long time.

I've been catching up with a bunch of HBO shows that I never watched when they were out. Just finished Boardwalk Empire and Rome, about to start Deadwood.

G

Sitcoms are NAAAHT FUNNEH! At least they haven't been in a really long time.

I've been catching up with a bunch of HBO shows that I never watched when they were out. Just finished Boardwalk Empire and Rome, about to start Deadwood.

Just finished season 1 of Rome. WWAWD Atia of the Julii?

369772BD-137C-4A88-AF4C-66B6FAD81541.jpeg