• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAWD HOA taking people to court?

G

I had never seen so many angry at one person in my life.
No doubt. They're such an incredibly invasive, painful blight that costs a ton of time and money to deal with. I had a roommate bring them into my apartment once and ended up sleeping in the bathtub so I could have some piece of mind. He also refused to help prepare the apartment for fumigation until I threatened to break his teeth out of his head. What a faggot that kid was.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Forum Clout
Why anyone would by a place involved with an HOA has always baffled me. Why do they even exist?

Also, how do you know who caused the bedbug issue if it spread to multiple units?
Good luck finding a condo that isn't tied to an HOA.

They had some pest control people check units. She has bed bugs visible during DAYTIME it was so bad.

They almost considered using the tent fumigation which would have displaced people for a while.

G

Condo associations I understand, but I don't understand why someone would buy a home and literally pay an association to tell them what they can and can't do with it.

In essence, the main difference between most HOAs and condo associations is the type of property they represent. Condominiums represent condos - apartments, while HOAs represent houses. Regardless of the association, they are both democratic institutions and therefore need to conduct elections.

TheNanaDook

Forum Clout
I spent 9 months longer than I should have, in order to find a house without an HOA. It's one of the *worst* contracts you can enter into, because of the reasons stated above.
  1. You don't own your home, you contractually own a piece of a development.
  2. You can have fees and assessments levied against you, and they can put a lien on your home.
  3. Even if the HOA is lenient now, at any time, they can get a board majority and change the rules as they see fit.
  4. You have no choice to leave or enter the HOA, if you bought the house and it was under one, you are now under one.
  5. Old busybody women are cunts and love to run HOAs and take their anger out on you.
Though I admit that based on the bedbugs things, she deserves to be homeless.

G

I spent 9 months longer than I should have, in order to find a house without an HOA. It's one of the *worst* contracts you can enter into, because of the reasons stated above.
  1. You don't own your home, you contractually own a piece of a development.
  2. You can have fees and assessments levied against you, and they can put a lien on your home.
  3. Even if the HOA is lenient now, at any time, they can get a board majority and change the rules as they see fit.
  4. You have no choice to leave or enter the HOA, if you bought the house and it was under one, you are now under one.
  5. Old busybody women are cunts and love to run HOAs and take their anger out on you.
Though I admit that based on the bedbugs things, she deserves to be homeless.

all of that is true except for the first point. you must be thinking of a co-op

Smeckler's Powder

Sweet powder eases the pain
Forum Clout
I would never buy a house attached to an HOA. Paying someone to parent how you run your house? "You can't have blue flowers out front!!!" "No parking on the north side of the street!" "Your grass it too tall!"

In my experience owning a townhome my father in law lived in, the HOA did nothing of value and at one point kept sending us notices about the front of the place not being clean enough, so we went overboard getting it cleaned only for them to keep sending notices and eventually a fine because these retards confused our property with the neighbors who we were always wondering "why aren't they getting in trouble? There's garbage and cigarettes all around their place and ours is clean." On top of that they are taking fees out every month to do nothing for you and you lose thousands off your bottom line. I could see if they were useful somehow it being worth it then whatever but that sounds highly fantastical and improbable.

Last edited: