• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAWD HOA taking people to court?

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Forum Clout
Some lady on the far side of my building is being sued by my HOA. She was responsible for a bedbug outbreak about a year ago and she's also been the source of a major water leak that has run up the buildings bill. They've decided to take her to court.

My question is, what happens? The woman paid her place of many years ago, so it's not like the bank will come and foreclose. I know she's very behind on HOA fees, but does that allow them to just give you the boot? What happens to your property during a situation like this?

G

Some lady on the far side of my building is being sued by my HOA. She was responsible for a bedbug outbreak about a year ago and she's also been the source of a major water leak that has run up the buildings bill. They've decided to take her to court.

My question is, what happens? The woman paid her place of many years ago, so it's not like the bank will come and foreclose. I know she's very behind on HOA fees, but does that allow them to just give you the boot? What happens to your property during a situation like this?
Yes the HOA can put a lien on your property if you owe them money and don’t pay and they can force you to sell to pay off the lien if you let it go too long.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Florida, right?

I rented the whole time I was there but remember hearing about how if you own a house , you still have to pay HOA fees.

I know most of the landlords down there are dick heads and if they are taking her to court, they have no issue booting her.
The HOA isn’t a landlord, it’s her fellow owners that shes fucking over by not paying her dues and fucking up the building with bugs and water damage and yeah, they will and should force you to sell if you can’t pay.

G

That sounds a little far fetched.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Forum Clout
Do you live with any females who aren't cunts, Artie?
Nope. It's Florida.

The women here are either divorced, widows, or mentally ill. The only one I like it this lady who lives a few doors down next to the laundry room. She's quiet and just waves hello to me instead asking "hey neighbor! How are you! Off to somewhere fun?" as most of my nosey fucking asshole neighbors do.

I hate that my place has the pool out front. You can't leave without attracting attention from busy bodies.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Forum Clout
The HOA isn’t a landlord, it’s her fellow owners that shes fucking over by not paying her dues and fucking up the building with bugs and water damage and yeah, they will and should force you to sell if you can’t pay.
2 assessments this year because of her. It's only around $2500 between the two, but it's unfair that everyone needed to fork over additional money this year due to this woman. I mean I kind of wanted to get some new windows since mine are original from the building going up in the 1970s, but I had to spend money on assessments out of my control.

When the bedbug thing happened I felt the urge to suit up and kick her door in and tie her up and just ransack the place. Only to put fear into her and make her move.

G

2 assessments this year because of her. It's only around $2500 between the two, but it's unfair that everyone needed to fork over additional money this year due to this woman. I mean I kind of wanted to get some new windows since mine are original from the building going up in the 1970s, but I had to spend money on assessments out of my control.

When the bedbug thing happened I felt the urge to suit up and kick her door in and tie her up and just ransack the place. Only to put fear into her and make her move.
Well hopefully she doesn’t cost you too much in lawyer fees before taking the L and getting out. Do you know how much she owes and what her place is worth? It’s a shitty market to sell so you all may get fucked pretty bad.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Forum Clout
Well hopefully she doesn’t cost you too much in lawyer fees before taking the L and getting out. Do you know how much she owes and what her place is worth? It’s a shitty market to sell so you all may get fucked pretty bad.
Not sure what she owes, but one of those assessments had to do with court lawyer costs.

Her place is worth at least 180k even if it's not in the best shape.

Market is hot here. One of the units in my place sold within 3 days of being listed and my place has doubled in value from just a couple years ago.

G

Florida exploded during covid lockdowns and it's cooled down, but still way hotter than it was before the pandemic.
Interesting. It was red hot here during the whole lockdown but now with the rates shooting up it has cooled off considerably. Every house in my neighborhood used to sell in 2-4 days and now the place across the street from me has been for sale for over 2 months now. My house was listed on a Thursday and we had to buy it before the open house happened that Sunday to have a chance and that was less than 2 years ago.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Forum Clout
Interesting. It was red hot here during the whole lockdown but now with the rates shooting up it has cooled off considerably. Every house in my neighborhood used to sell in 2-4 days and now the place across the street from me has been for sale for over 2 months now. My house was listed on a Thursday and we had to buy it before the open house happened that Sunday to have a chance and that was less than 2 years ago.
My area is primarily condos so that may play a role.

G

Nope. It's Florida.

The women here are either divorced, widows, or mentally ill. The only one I like it this lady who lives a few doors down next to the laundry room. She's quiet and just waves hello to me instead asking "hey neighbor! How are you! Off to somewhere fun?" as most of my nosey fucking asshole neighbors do.

I hate that my place has the pool out front. You can't leave without attracting attention from busy bodies.
What’s up, @aRTie02150 !