WWAWD fag from Goo Goo Dolls?

RIP-Allen-Lanier

DMANIAC
Fastball and the wallflowers are still putting out class A shit imho.

Now if you’ll excuse me I’m going to kill myself for what I just wrote.

Damn I always mean to go check in on Fastball. Those poor bastards had the biggest song of the year and then just got dumped. I remember reading an article about them in like 05 or something about how they were already struggling to fill 100ish seater places. A Crime.

RIP-Allen-Lanier

DMANIAC
It’s funny, cus I only came across his face (not like that you sicko) when I was googling Gin Blossoms to see if they were still together and touring (they were pretty good). Turns out 3 of the bands in your list are playing a festival for washed up 90’s bands in Mexico.

Gin Blossoms did break up for a little bit(singer did two projects in between that have some great stuff on them, mainly Gas Giants but Poppin Wheelies had some okay stuff too) and I was stoked when they got back together because these two songs leaked from their live sets:

(I've got an acoustic versions of Collider I can dig out for you if you'd like that apparently didn't make it to jewtube)

Well they scrapped Collider and shit like it in favor of a bunch of bullshit written by Jesse and didn't try to put out anymore real songs after Major Lodge Victory, trying to get songs for shitty TV shows or commercials or whatever.

I hung out with them quite a bit from 2007-2010ish. They snuck me into 21 and up shows when I wasn't of age. Smoked weed with them in my car, free tickets to shows, I've got a huge self portrait Jesse drew in the green room after a show on a poster board someone left in the conference room they were using as a green room. Loads of time talking about music, The Replacements. Really nice guys, so it was a bummer they stopped trying to make good music.

RIP-Allen-Lanier

DMANIAC
It’s funny, cus I only came across his face (not like that you sicko) when I was googling Gin Blossoms to see if they were still together and touring (they were pretty good). Turns out 3 of the bands in your list are playing a festival for washed up 90’s bands in Mexico.

Also Robin Wilson is singing for The Smithereens sometimes now. Does a great job at it, haven't got to see them yet though.

RIP-Allen-Lanier

DMANIAC
I was in elementary school when collective soul came out. Remember when they were given a boyband make over in 2000?
Cringe AF

Ooof yeah that album cover/artwork for Blender is faggy as it gets. Their comeback album "Youth" is really great though. Then the next one had like a song and a half on it then they went into "let's make songs for The Hills mode" permanently. Really nice guys too...I skipped a family reunion to see their reunion tour, ran into a kid from my school(an hour away) whose dad was running lights. He got me back stage and when Ed saw my April Wine shirt he started singing "If You See Kay." Too bad they gave up.

RIP-Allen-Lanier

DMANIAC
In retrospect, we were very lucky to have experienced the 90s. The world is gay now.

I think hearing the drumming in this song in my mom’s car as she drove me to elementary school is the fist time I noticed the instrument and it created a lifelong obsession.

TWU. I saw them live for free not expecting much and it was actually a great show even though I only knew like 5 songs.

RIP-Allen-Lanier

DMANIAC
Meh, it is what it is. I know they were a joke of a “band” put together by Jewish record execs, but this song was a banger in its day and that’s the age I happened to have my musical awakening. Zoomers will be saying this about 21 Pilots years from now, and so on.

People will remember 21 Pilots etc but no one will learn about them in 50 years. Pocket Full of Kryptonite will be around forever. Sorry, not sorry.

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
The strange thing is they are a legit blue-collar band from shitty Buffalo and that Rzezkscnick or however you spell his name had a pretty rough upbringing with both parents dying young. They used to rehearse in shitty old warehouses with space heaters.

Obviously the looks of them now are inexcusable, but I give them a pass

They should annoy me more, but they just don't.

Harry Powell

You’re the girl I needed in jr. high
The strange thing is they are a legit blue-collar band from shitty Buffalo and that Rzezkscnick or however you spell his name had a pretty rough upbringing with both parents dying young. They used to rehearse in shitty old warehouses with space heaters.

Obviously the looks of them now are inexcusable, but I give them a pass

They should annoy me more, but they just don't.

It’s insane.

I have hated the Goo Goo Dolls my entire life due to hearing their 90s radio singles in an era where I was into grunge and punk rock.

Then one day I heard those first few albums where they were trying to be The Replacements.

May as well be two different bands

RIP-Allen-Lanier

DMANIAC
It’s insane.

I have hated the Goo Goo Dolls my entire life due to hearing their 90s radio singles in an era where I was into grunge and punk rock.

Then one day I heard those first few albums where they were trying to be The Replacements.

It's crazy how many bands started off trying to be Replacements and just said fuck it let's make idiot hits.

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
It’s insane.

Yeah, I hated the Goo Goo Dolls as a kid too, but now that time has gone by -- Iris is a great damn song and Black Balloon and Name, too. Compare those pop hits to pop hits from other eras, or God forbid right now

They were a "victim" of having Iris overplayed to the point of parody back when everyone still listened to radio so you couldn't escape it

Mitch Weaver

Replenish fish van
Damn I always mean to go check in on Fastball. Those poor bastards had the biggest song of the year and then just got dumped. I remember reading an article about them in like 05 or something about how they were already struggling to fill 100ish seater places. A Crime.
Highly recommend Fastball brothaman. You can’t go wrong with anything off Keep Your Wig On, Step Into Light or Little White Lies.

They tour nowadays but the gigs are usually at clubs or opening for bands like Everclear, Sugar Ray and the like. Damn shame but hey at least it’s not TGIFRIDAYS or an American Legion hall.

RIP-Allen-Lanier

DMANIAC
Highly recommend Fastball brothaman. You can’t go wrong with anything off Keep Your Wig On, Step Into Light or Little White Lies.

They tour nowadays but the gigs are usually at clubs or opening for bands like Everclear, Sugar Ray and the like. Damn shame but hey at least it’s not TGIFRIDAYS or an American Legion hall.

haha fair enough, good for them. Loved those first two albums and kinda fell out with them. Will dip back in

RIP-Allen-Lanier

DMANIAC
In retrospect, we were very lucky to have experienced the 90s. The world is gay now.

I think hearing the drumming in this song in my mom’s car as she drove me to elementary school is the fist time I noticed the instrument and it created a lifelong obsession.

perhaps you, @UnPRePared, myself and whoever else should record a farms song

Jim Norton’s Wife's Cock

Those breeches will stay open!
They honestly had a bunch of pretty good stuff but then (like with almost all 90s bands) when they realized (unfairly honestly) that they were not going to be treated with the same respect as 70s and 80s bands in their same position
You had to have a heroin addict die in the 90's to be considered a legendary band for some reason see: Nirvana.

And to a lesser extent Alice In Chains.

HalfHouseFatty

Monkey HOUSE
I remember Howard fucking with them and got their music banned from the radio station until they came in and performed for his gay dance party. They dressed up in Navy uniforms and had a bunch of real gay dudes in leather thongs dancing with them while goo goo dolls sang iris.