• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAWD Deep Fryers?

bumbum8

It died on the vine
Forum Clout
Not worth it. Makes your house stink and you have to buy a bunch of oil and then dispose of it somehow after one meal.
Every person I know with a deep fryer in their house they use regularly is a big fat lady and the house smells like cat piss and rancid oil. My mom got one and I almost disowned her but she soon after got an air fryer because I love mine so much. She hasn't touched the deep fryer, which will find its way to a Goodwill soon.

You're not gonna get restaurant quality fried foods with an air fryer. You gotta bust out the cast iron dutch oven for that, and it's still a once a year thing at our house because we use tallow and lard, not already rancid vegetable oil and it takes all day but it's so nice to have good fried fish and hush puppies.

Even still, an air fryer will get you there in less time with less mess. It's especially good once you get a coating mixture down right.

I'm all in with the Foodie flip because it can do all sorts of shit and it doesn't take up a lot of space.

Smeckler's Powder

Sweet powder eases the pain
Forum Clout
Every person I know with a deep fryer in their house they use regularly is a big fat lady and the house smells like cat piss and rancid oil. My mom got one and I almost disowned her but she soon after got an air fryer because I love mine so much. She hasn't touched the deep fryer, which will find its way to a Goodwill soon.

You're not gonna get restaurant quality fried foods with an air fryer. You gotta bust out the cast iron dutch oven for that, and it's still a once a year thing at our house because we use tallow and lard, not already rancid vegetable oil and it takes all day but it's so nice to have good fried fish and hush puppies.

Even still, an air fryer will get you there in less time with less mess. It's especially good once you get a coating mixture down right.

I'm all in with the Foodie flip because it can do all sorts of shit and it doesn't take up a lot of space.

We've had an air fryer for years and every time we try wings I'm like "this just ain't cutting it." Got a different air fryer, and still not there. Got a deep fryer for fathers day yesterday and it was exactly what I was looking for for wings and fries. Plan is to just use it outside to avoid the issues you mentioned.

Forum Clout
If you fry wings in the air fryer you still have to put oil on it for it to be good so it's kind of gay. I like that ninja foodie because you can grill a chicken breast or drumsticks or hamburgers or whatever, then flip the grate to the basket and it does fries really well and surprisingly asparagus really well. I used it all winter instead of freezing my balls off outside on a grill that won't burn proper without preheating the damn LP tank

Wings belong fried in peanut oil or corn oil. Canola is for fat bitches with front butts

Smeckler's Powder

Forum Clout
If you fry wings in the air fryer you still have to put oil on it for it to be good so it's kind of gay. I like that ninja foodie because you can grill a chicken breast or drumsticks or hamburgers or whatever, then flip the grate to the basket and it does fries really well and surprisingly asparagus really well. I used it all winter instead of freezing my balls off outside on a grill that won't burn proper without preheating the damn LP tank

Wings belong fried in peanut oil or corn oil. Canola is for fat bitches with front butts

We did peanut. Fawk yeah

bumbum8

It died on the vine
Forum Clout
We've had an air fryer for years and every time we try wings I'm like "this just ain't cutting it." Got a different air fryer, and still not there. Got a deep fryer for fathers day yesterday and it was exactly what I was looking for for wings and fries. Plan is to just use it outside to avoid the issues you mentioned.
Yeah our family does a big fry outside once a year. We always use big pots though.

I've given up on regularly frying up wings because you're right about getting them done well in the air fryer but also the shit is too expensive compared to a pack of thighs which air fry great, or drumsticks which are really cheap right now and do great on the grill.

Peanut oil is okay, but fryjng in animal fats is heavenly. However, I'm glad you had a good Father's day because that's what counts.

Smeckler's Powder

Forum Clout
Yeah our family does a big fry outside once a year. We always use big pots though.

I've given up on regularly frying up wings because you're right about getting them done well in the air fryer but also the shit is too expensive compared to a pack of thighs which air fry great, or drumsticks which are really cheap right now and do great on the grill.

Peanut oil is okay, but fryjng in animal fats is heavenly. However, I'm glad you had a good Father's day because that's what counts.

Thank ya brotherman.

G

That's awesome, I had no idea. Olive oil isn't particularly cheap any more here and beef dripping is more widely available now so hell yeah.
Olive oil apparently shouldn't be used to cook with, at least not the extra virgin stuff. Strictly for salad dressings, dressing pasta and dipping ciabatta etc in. It leaves a strong flavour in food when cooked.

My grandparents generation used beef dripping and lard with everything and were all healthy. At some point "they" started to tell us that animal fats were unhealthy and vegetable/seed oils were better for you. Turns out that was bullshit. Even McDonald's used to cook their fries in beef tallow until the 80s before switching to peanut oil or whatever. Potatoes cooked in beef fat are amazing, not just chips and fries but roast potatoes too

Smeckler's Powder

Forum Clout
Olive oil apparently shouldn't be used to cook with, at least not the extra virgin stuff. Strictly for salad dressings, dressing pasta and dipping ciabatta etc in. It leaves a strong flavour in food when cooked.

My grandparents generation used beef dripping and lard with everything and were all healthy. At some point "they" started to tell us that animal fats were unhealthy and vegetable/seed oils were better for you. Turns out that was bullshit. Even McDonald's used to cook their fries in beef tallow until the 80s before switching to peanut oil or whatever. Potatoes cooked in beef fat are amazing, not just chips and fries but roast potatoes too
fuck it, getting some lard.

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout

I definitely consider animal fats superior, but I put olive, coconut and avocado oil over other vegetable and seed oils. Look up Ancel Keys, he was the propagandist for these shitty seed oils and vegetarian diets post WW2, and he was paid by seed oil companies and was completely full of shit.

My grandfather, after pork had been cooked, would get rye bread slices and wipe the black shit left from the pork onto the bread. I tried it once and it tasted great, he wasn't wrong about that.