• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAWD Command and Conquer : Red Alert 2 being the greatest game of all time?

Turk February

Our experiences exceed yours.
Forum Clout
Oddly enough was just playing a skirmish last night. In terms of just pick up and play it's pretty great and a shitload of fun, but as far as a "great game", its not even the best RTS of all time, probably not even the best in the series, as Generals takes the novelty of asymmetrical strategy to a whole other level. All RTS games have fantastic soundtracks because they know some sweaty Russian in a closet without air conditioning or windows will be playing it for at least 16 hours a day for a few years, so they have to make sure they don't do more psychic harm to him than is absolutely necessary. Instead of making Yuri's revenge the saturday morning cartoon show half-unplayabe disaster it was, they should have really just balanced the air forces a bit, a few new units per side, and made infantry more viable in the later game.

Dennyislife

Forum Clout
Do they still make games like it? I liked those. I still have random skirmishes on total annihilation every now then which is similar

PorqueDealer

Portly Pepperoni Purveyor
Forum Clout
I loved the originator also made by westwood, Dune 2
Still play, to this day Xcom: Ufo Enemy unknown (the original)

Zombie247

Go work. Get Sandwiches
Forum Clout
If I ever get the chance. I would sit down. For a skirmish match on Red Alert Remastered. I did enjoy RA 2 when I had it.