• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAWD Brad Dourif?

G

Deadwood's Doc Cochran is one of the finest characters I've ever seen portrayed. He's never done any bad acting that I'm aware of. He doesn't get mentioned very much for the caliber of actor he is. IMO Brad Dourif > Daniel Day Lewis. He works 20x as much also. I love the guy and I hope he not a file trader.
one-flew-over-the-cuckoos-nest452.jpg

Just starting out and he get's to fuck around with Jack Nicholson.

bd.jpg

Actually every character in Deadwood is a little masterpiece. For acting it's my favorite series.

Former Prez Gerald Ford

Come over and we’ll have nachos. And some beer.
Forum Clout
Every actor they cast on that show was perfect except wooden-faced Timothy Olyphant whose emotional range starts with with angry/annoyed and ends with slightly constipated. Doc Cochran was great but was probably my third favorite character after Swedgin and the guy that was always saying nigger and tried to jizz on Hoffstetlers horse for da bit :brothaman_sm:

G

Gets my ribs when he tells Trixie to "milk his prick' when Al is trying to pass his kidney stones. Agreed, he's a great character actor.

On the subject of Deadwood and underrated actors, got to mention Garrett Dillahunt. Plays One-eyed Jack McCall in season 1 and Francis Walcott in season 2, two completely different performances; the loser drunkard who stumbles into history as the man Buffalo Bill Cody "lets" murder him and as George Hurst's fastidious geologist, a man simultaneously awed and appalled by his own psychopathy and murderous rage. Great actor.

Former Prez Gerald Ford

Come over and we’ll have nachos. And some beer.
Forum Clout
Gets my ribs when he tells Trixie to "milk his prick' when Al is trying to pass his kidney stones. Agreed, he's a great character actor.

On the subject of Deadwood and underrated actors, got to mention Garrett Dillahunt. Plays One-eyed Jack McCall in season 1 and Francis Walcott in season 2, two completely different performances; the loser drunkard who stumbles into history as the man Buffalo Bill Cody "lets" murder him and as George Hurst's fastidious geologist, a man simultaneously awed and appalled by his own psychopathy and murderous rage. Great actor.
I actually just recently found that out about the Dillahunt thing when I rewatched the series and noticed his name reappearing with the rest of the cast in season 2. I love how Walcotts character arc ends with him plunging off the balcony in the background of a scene with a noose around his neck and then no one ever mentions him again.

G

Every actor they cast on that show was perfect except wooden-faced Timothy Olyphant whose emotional range starts with with angry/annoyed and ends with slightly constipated. Doc Cochran was great but was probably my third favorite character after Swedgin and the guy that was always saying nigger and tried to jizz on Hoffstetlers horse for da bit :brothaman_sm:
That was Bulloch's horse and it was TO SQUARE THE FUKKIN SCALES! And knowin he saved him from an ass-fucking.

G

Holy shit! All this time I never realized it was the same guy. I remember thinking at the time "Wow that guy looks a lot like Jack McCall." Fucking retarded, I am. But not a coward. Nor braggart.

G

I actually just recently found that out about the Dillahunt thing when I rewatched the series and noticed his name reappearing with the rest of the cast in season 2. I love how Walcotts character arc ends with him plunging off the balcony in the background of a scene with a noose around his neck and then no one ever mentions him again.
Well the capt finds him and presumably retrieves his suicide note which Hearst uses to clom on Tolliver in season 3. AUtIsM!

G

Milch apparently made an effort to copy the syntax and vocabulary of the time, but changed the vulgarity from the blasphemous cursing of the time to the scatalogical/sexual swearing we use today, as the old timey stuff sounds silly to modern ears
Yeah, I said Shakespeare but it's more like Civil War era southern/western drawl. But that had a bit of Shakespeare in it as well being the most familiar plays at that time.

Dummy Gaynuts

Pookie-pie water-pig
Forum Clout
Milch apparently made an effort to copy the syntax and vocabulary of the time, but changed the vulgarity from the blasphemous cursing of the time to the scatalogical/sexual swearing we use today, as the old timey stuff sounds silly to modern ears
They should have kept the original period swearing, all the cursing in deadwood felt so affected and strange to me. That first episode is a hard watch IMO