• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAW working in Hollywood?

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
I worked in tv / film production about 15 years ago but it looks like much hasn’t changed. I started in FL doing reality tv production on a couple shows and freelance stuff (commercials, music videos, etc) and got a job in Los Angeles for Bunim/Murray productions to work on their shows.

It’s an interesting job and can be fun but it’s also tough since you’re pretty much always looking for your next show / production. You’ll be on something for a month or maybe 6 months if you’re lucky and can make the right connections so you get the calls for more work. I liked doing it but I couldn’t do it forever because it’s just not stable and there’s some very long days involved if you’re in the field / on set (16 hour days are common since most jobs you’re paid per day, not by hour) but I still have friends in the industry and they’re doing pretty well (one is an audio guy for a lot travel channel shows so he gets to go all around, one works with the Rock pretty often, one is a writer on American Dad, etc)

Luckily I only had an associates degree in film / tv while my major is business related which is why I now have a great paying stable job with a major company. I went to college with guys that went for a major in film / tv and they couldn’t get shit after college since it’s very tough to even break in and ended up with shit jobs since film / tv can only get you so many jobs.

Dummy Gaynuts

Pookie-pie water-pig
Forum Clout
I made some movie props and was an extra in a few (which fucking sucked and was not worth it)

BrotherMan1488

Forum Clout
I love cinema and have taken tours of the studios, so by Tomlinson/Cumia standards I'm an expert.

One thing that stuck out to me was how all the cars in the employee section were complete shit boxes. The people doing all the real work make no money. If you don't care about that, go for it. Also California kind of sucks.
And that's after being part of S.A.G frightening to think how they'd be living without the Union 🥺 Child

chocolatehellhole

You are not creative, nor destructive. I am both.
Forum Clout
I'm a Hollywood bigwig
IMG_20230324_113203731~2.jpg

Feehan's Fart Box

DEAD HEAT! You die, you come back to rife!
Forum Clout
I can’t believe I had to scroll down 5 comments to see this comment. Add in wealthy parents who can foot the bill for your lifestyle while you “make it.” You really can’t live in LA if you don’t have money and if you have a job then you don’t have as much time. This is a big reason there’s so many shit comics working today as well.

Almost anybody in entertainment I look up these days on wiki has some sort of family connection to the business or came from wealth. I know that's always been a thing to some degree but it seems worse now.

G

I know a lot of people who work in the movie industry and I see a lot of stuff being made in my local area too as it's pretty and near a lot of the major UK studios which are used for a lot of the big budget films like bond, star wars, Bridgerton that you series was shot nearby recently etc

The day to day slow grind of making a film looks fucking boring. Days of filming and set up and even longer to prop making and location building planning etc for something that's 30 seconds on screen
You're in Bucks? I always thought you were from the Midlands for some reason

Forum Clout
My friend is a gaffer with some production he refuses to tell me the name of. The most interesting thing I've ever heard about his job is "Elizabeth Olsen is pretty cool", which was nice.

Dennyislife

Forum Clout
You're in Bucks? I always thought you were from the Midlands for some reason
I have two homes. One up north one down south. More Berkshire/Surrey than Buckinghamshire. My area gets used a lot as it's no more than a hour away from almost all the big studios

G

I have two homes. One up north one down south. More Berkshire/Surrey than Buckinghamshire. My area gets used a lot as it's no more than a hour away from almost all the big studios
Aha, I assumed you were talking about Pinewood