• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAW working in Hollywood?

gassers

CakeHorn/Say "Cookie"/BonnieMcFarlaneMe2 Alt
Forum Clout
Anybody here who works in the movie/media business? i have always been fascinated with the process of movie making. Editing, direction, cinematography, acting, every aspect of it is an art of itself.

Not a bad profession tbh. How do you even enter the industry? Contacts? Networking?

Last edited:
G

I love cinema and have taken tours of the studios, so by Tomlinson/Cumia standards I'm an expert.

One thing that stuck out to me was how all the cars in the employee section were complete shit boxes. The people doing all the real work make no money. If you don't care about that, go for it. Also California kind of sucks.

Brooke Shields

Patrick Tomlinson hates me because I am a woman
Forum Clout
Anybody here who works in the movie/media business?
1497673603625.gif

gassers

Forum Clout
I love cinema and have taken tours of the studios, so by Tomlinson/Cumia standards I'm an expert.

One thing that stuck out to me was how all the cars in the employee section were complete shit boxes. The people doing all the real work make no money. If you don't care about that, go for it. Also California kind of sucks.
But how do you even enter the industry? Contacts? Networking? Does it require a degree from film school in any of the domains?

Milk74

I'm black Irish
Forum Clout
I went to school for tv and video productions.

I've worked as a technical director, camera man, and writer on PBS and public access programs.

I had a choice....Stay in school, graduate, and get a job as a cameraman or some bullshit at a local news station in some shithole out of state, or drop out and get a real job.

I chose the latter.

P.s.

Go fuck yourself.

G

But how do you even enter the industry? Contacts? Networking? Does it require a degree from film school in any of the domains?
Ask around your local synagogue.

But really the labor market is such shit just look up company's in the area, find their career section and they to sell that your not an autistic cyber stlaker.

Or just pick out a place, March in there and demand to be seen. Hollywood loves that dramatic shit.

Jesse Ventura

Access to the debates
Forum Clout
If you just want a taste of the business there are unions you can join that will get you jobs. The jobs would be like set design/set construction, makeup, hair, grip, cameras, script continuity, lighting, driver etc. Oftentimes you need 30+ days working in the section you want to apply for to become a union member which makes it tough. But get a buddy to lie and say you worked in theatre in university or some shit. So long as you have skills in the required department then it’s fine.

If you want to be a writer, director or cinematographer then yeah, oftentimes you need a degree and good networking skills. Or just get out there and do it. Shoot a short film or a “proof of concept” episode of something and pitch it around. Pedo Woody Allen says 90% of success is just showing up.

FamilyDollar

Welcome to our establishment
Forum Clout
I have not, but I have an story.

In 2020, they filmed Free Guy, the Ryan Reynolds film, in the financial district of Boston. I was working a different job then, and worked Saturdays in the office.

This is DOWNTOWN - FINANCIAL DISTRICT - BOSTON.

I came out the subway and was trying to simply walk to my building and these faggots in white tee shirts (Mormon lookin fucks) stopped me and said, "No foot traffic, big guy." If you're from Boston, you don't call strangers "big guy" - you can call them "boss" or "chief," but not Big Guy.

I was like, "Well I'm going to work, so excuse me" and made a point to bump his shoulder. I knew who they were, because this filming was in the news. The kid called me "tough guy" as I was walking to my building and, when I didn't stop, I literally heard him scream "Police! He's breaking boundaries!"

Out of nowhere, an old Boston cop (who's like 60 and making time 'n a half to work detail on a Saturday) came out of nowhere and literally shook me down. I said, "Sir, I'm going to work, which I'm allowed to do." He said, "Not this way you're not." I said, "That's my building, this is the only way in - what do you suggest I do?" He said, "It's not my problem, Chief." So I said, "Well, I'm going in... I'll run across the street till you're gone and then go in - I need to work." And he said, "I'll arrest you."

Meanwhile, that California NPC who had originally stopped me is yelling from the sidewalk, "What's up now, tough guy? Boston tough guy?"

So I told the cop I'd take the long way (there is no long way) and ducked into an alley. As soon as that cop left I marched right up to my building, pointed at that kid and screamed FAGGOT!, and went to work.

I never felt so gay in my life. All Californians must die.
This is one of the greatest stories ever told. The conflict, the underlying political commentary, the payoff.

DMAN

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
Yeah I make movies. My name is Steven Spielberg. Been doing this for 50 some odd years. I make all types of movies dude. Aliens, robots, dinosaurs, sharks, archeologists, slaves, black slaves, black people in purple, pirates, war. They will probably approve any idea I have at this point because I just keep popping them out no matter how gay the idea sounds. Sometimes I make them as awful as I can just to test what they'll let me do. This one I did about a little kid as a robot in 2000 was so annoying, I actually regularly got headaches and upset stomach as I was working on that movie, and anytime I think of it now, for that matter. The kid in this movie looked like such a fag. YOU can quote me on that.

G

I have not, but I have an story.

In 2020, they filmed Free Guy, the Ryan Reynolds film, in the financial district of Boston. I was working a different job then, and worked Saturdays in the office.

This is DOWNTOWN - FINANCIAL DISTRICT - BOSTON.

I came out the subway and was trying to simply walk to my building and these faggots in white tee shirts (Mormon lookin fucks) stopped me and said, "No foot traffic, big guy." If you're from Boston, you don't call strangers "big guy" - you can call them "boss" or "chief," but not Big Guy.

I was like, "Well I'm going to work, so excuse me" and made a point to bump his shoulder. I knew who they were, because this filming was in the news. The kid called me "tough guy" as I was walking to my building and, when I didn't stop, I literally heard him scream "Police! He's breaking boundaries!"

Out of nowhere, an old Boston cop (who's like 60 and making time 'n a half to work detail on a Saturday) came out of nowhere and literally shook me down. I said, "Sir, I'm going to work, which I'm allowed to do." He said, "Not this way you're not." I said, "That's my building, this is the only way in - what do you suggest I do?" He said, "It's not my problem, Chief." So I said, "Well, I'm going in... I'll run across the street till you're gone and then go in - I need to work." And he said, "I'll arrest you."

Meanwhile, that California NPC who had originally stopped me is yelling from the sidewalk, "What's up now, tough guy? Boston tough guy?"

So I told the cop I'd take the long way (there is no long way) and ducked into an alley. As soon as that cop left I marched right up to my building, pointed at that kid and screamed FAGGOT!, and went to work.

I never felt so gay in my life. All Californians must die.
I’m Californian, you want me dead, tough guy?

9617C0B4-37D5-4DAC-B00D-551D3085406C.jpeg

gassers

Forum Clout
If you just want a taste of the business there are unions you can join that will get you jobs. The jobs would be like set design/set construction, makeup, hair, grip, cameras, script continuity, lighting, driver etc. Oftentimes you need 30+ days working in the section you want to apply for to become a union member which makes it tough. But get a buddy to lie and say you worked in theatre in university or some shit. So long as you have skills in the required department then it’s fine.

If you want to be a writer, director or cinematographer then yeah, oftentimes you need a degree and good networking skills. Or just get out there and do it. Shoot a short film or a “proof of concept” episode of something and pitch it around. Pedo Woody Allen says 90% of success is just showing up.
thanks, i was watching a livestream of a junkie, he was bragging about his membership to sag aafta or afra i don't know something along those lines. he was saying it helps getting acting gigs like extras in the background of a scene.

gassers

Forum Clout

I've worked as a technical director, camera man, and writer on PBS and public access programs.

I had a choice....Stay in school, graduate, and get a job as a cameraman or some bullshit at a local news station in some shithole out of state, or drop out and get a real job.

I chose the latter.

P.s.

Go fuck yourself.
But why? if we went to school for it and worked in productions why did you leave it? Cause of the money?

G

I chose the latter.

P.s.

Go fuck yourself.
Nice bizarro-Cumia trajectory...

Dennyislife

Forum Clout
I know a lot of people who work in the movie industry and I see a lot of stuff being made in my local area too as it's pretty and near a lot of the major UK studios which are used for a lot of the big budget films like bond, star wars, Bridgerton that you series was shot nearby recently etc

The day to day slow grind of making a film looks fucking boring. Days of filming and set up and even longer to prop making and location building planning etc for something that's 30 seconds on screen

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
Forum Clout
1. Judaism
2. Nepotism
3. Sucking dick
I can’t believe I had to scroll down 5 comments to see this comment. Add in wealthy parents who can foot the bill for your lifestyle while you “make it.” You really can’t live in LA if you don’t have money and if you have a job then you don’t have as much time. This is a big reason there’s so many shit comics working today as well.