• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAW with your job and career and life feeling meaningless

Saddam Hussein

Forum Clout
Cliche sure but it’s true. Is making money and buying material possessions it? That’s existence? I have a girlfriend and maybe want to have a kid one day. I don’t know though; not sure I want my contribution to be just a weird clone of myself. Feels like there should be a little more. I’m not artistic so I can’t leave something behind like that either

CorradoSoprano4

Forum Clout
I had the same problem but then I strangled a hooker to death. You'll never feel more alive then when you take someone else's.

In regards to leaving something behind, having a kid just to give yourself the sense that you're "contributing" is quite selfish. I would rather do something that will leave a huge impact on generations to come, like Anders Breivik or Timothy McVeigh. Don't let your dreams be dreams. I believe in you.

Last edited:
Forum Clout
I had the same problem but then I strangled a hooker to death. You'll never feel more alive then when you take someone else's.
keira-knightley-boston-strangler.jpg

EraGodless

Forum Clout
Cliche sure but it’s true. Is making money and buying material possessions it? That’s existence? I have a girlfriend and maybe want to have a kid one day. I don’t know though; not sure I want my contribution to be just a weird clone of myself. Feels like there should be a little more. I’m not artistic so I can’t leave something behind like that either

Dennyislife

Forum Clout
99.8% of jobs are meaningless. Even being a doctor who can save children from childhood cancer is pretty meaningless as those kids will just grow into other meaningless adults.

Think of how many humans have ever lived and how few have a legacy that lasts 50+ years. Even big political figures of the past outside of war leaders are completely forgotten

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
Forum Clout
99.8% of jobs are meaningless. Even being a doctor who can save children from childhood cancer is pretty meaningless as those kids will just grow into other meaningless adults.

Think of how many humans have ever lived and how few have a legacy that lasts 50+ years. Even big political figures of the past outside of war leaders are completely forgotten

This is true. Always questioning the meaning of things can drive you crazy. It’s better to just embrace the absurdity of life and find happiness wherever you can.

johnnynoname

I have a face like a shovel
Forum Clout
for some of us who go through the "this is meaningless" way of life, we just sigh and accept the nothingness that is the next couple of decades.

Forgive me all these words but I'm about to just vomit a bit here (verbally).

I got a CAR-T stem cell therapy 8 weeks ago.

I just recently said to myself "what the fuck was the point? So I can live longer and continue to lead this "nothing life" "

If I had the guts I would have easily killed myself on mother's day 2020 ( I don't hate my mom- I just had a rough Mother's day because I worked a restaurant job at the time and that year was just BLEECH)

No- I don't have to start smoking cannabis
No- I don't have to start working out ( I can't right now because my oncologist said I have to hold off)
No- I don't have to talk to a therapist

I just accepted the greyness that is the next, I dunno, 40 years

As an aside- I don't have kids which is why kids might be great because a guy my age with kids usually keep themselves so occupied with minivan's, soccer practice and homework that there "lizard brain" doesn't wander to the area where they question the nothingness of there life. As to why a 44 year old is still doing homework is beyond me btw.

There is a "God"
He's not some super tall guy with a beard.
Physically He's more like that Cloud at the end of the Fantastic Four movie that was supposed to be Galactus
He does exist and he doesn't care. God is Dr. Manhattan- just making shit, experimenting, and not wanting to be bothered.

I'm not looking for help or for a "hey man blah blah blah something I read in a IG meme blah blah blah" from any of the troglodytes who post here.
I am here to telling you that it is.........I don't know how I was going to finish this

EDIT: btw- this isn't one of those "woe is me- please feel sorry for me because I get off on people feeling sorry for me" posts.
There are people who do that- I'm not because you posting "I'm sorry to hear that" or "You have my support" doesn't do anything for me in my real life

Last edited: