• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAW trying to watch Blazing Saddles and getting a 5 minute lecture on how racism plays into the plot before the movie starts

LiberalPussy

‎
‎
Forum Clout
The thing is it's frustrating to see context added 50 years after something, it's a little patronizing 100 years after something, and its very welcome, if not almost necessary about 300 years after something. Without footnotes, and introductory notes, I don't think I'd be able to enjoy half of my gay, pretentious book collection. It doesn't stop anywhere, it's an ongoing process.

With lighter entertainment, the guy who plays Worf makes a good defense of the banned first season episode, and why it should be aired uncensored, if with context added.
This about making niggers and faggots feel better about things and we should be stopping it on that principle.

They’re having a great time and I HATE that!

satanssockpuppet

‎
‎
Forum Clout
I'm probably going to get shit for this take, but I don't mind this at all. If providing context is what it takes to stop people editing or destroying cultural history, it's probably a good thing. A big issue with shit like tearing down monuments and changing books in school libraries is it works on the ridiculously pompous assumption that society as a project is done changing, and this is the moment where we know for certain what is correct and appropriate, so it's fine to judge what can and cannot stick around forever. I think doing a context bump correctly assumes that the culture has changed, but also acknowledges cultural progress as an ongoing project, and doesn't prioritize contemporary sensibilities over the historical significance of a cultural artifact. In short - it's probably fine.
I can get on board with this take. Like with the retarded Roger Waters Nazi hysteria. If we have to sit the retards down and explain "The Wall" to them so they don't instantly assume that Roger Waters is a Nazi, it's a better alternative to letting them just bury it because it made them cry.

Lamont & Tonelli

Brevity is... wit.
‎
‎
Forum Clout
the guy who plays Worf makes a good defense of the banned first season episode, and why it should be aired uncensored, if with context added.
Are you talking about "Code of Honor"? My favorite single episode of TNG, the episode Jonathan Frakes called "a racist piece of shit"? I'd like to hear Michael Dorn's sober and considered thoughts.