• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAW the frontman of Reel Big Fish not having his own Wikipedia page?

G

The problem with ska bands, at least one of the problems, is you have like eight people in the band, so that $68k drops pretty drastically once you’re splitting it among a gigantic band plus a handful of roadies and management. I’m sure Aaron Barrett does fine (I assume he has writing credits on all their songs and that’s where the real money is), but I’d guess he’s probably worth 500k or so, nothing to sneeze at but not Elvis money.
I know a handful of local musicians and each one briefly tried their hand at EDM / electronic music like 6 years ago because as typically solo or duo acts, those artists make the most money nowadays.

A guy I used to buy drugs from has a sister in this well-known, highly-regarded local band that extensively tours... but there's also like 8 to 10 members in that band (not ska) at any given time, it's ridiculous. Any money she makes from it is pretty much a rounding error on her taxes, she works at a bar when she's not touring.

G

I know a handful of local musicians and each one briefly tried their hand at EDM / electronic music like 6 years ago because as typically solo or duo acts, those artists make the most money nowadays.

A guy I used to buy drugs from has a sister in this well-known, highly-regarded local band that extensively tours... but there's also like 8 to 10 members in that band (not ska) at any given time, it's ridiculous. Any money she makes from it is pretty much a rounding error on her taxes, she works at a bar when she's not touring.

Fuck me, I thought you just do a few shows, get a booker, and keep getting bigger venues and finally go on international tour like guitar hero.
Let me ask an expert.

@BenDovid, comment?

IMG_1137.png

goo gobbler

UAlbany women's basketball fan
Forum Clout
I always passionately hated ska and pop punk, but in retrospect I probably just hated all of my friends and the shitty music they listened to was just easier to focus on than them.
same here. then i saw a local ska band live that was randomly playing after some harsh noise act and i realized i was just being a crotchety faggot about it because it was fun (and apparently i really did hate that).

but in fairness the 'skanking' term and the checkered pants and goofy attire does the music zero favors. it looks and sounds really fucking gay from the outset.