• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAW No Hard Feelings (Jennifer Lawrence new movie)

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
I hope it bombs!

I’m sick of hearing about it and can’t believe Hollywood studios actually believe the “R-rated raunchy comedy” is coming back. We’re not even a month after “The Machine” tanked and was completely forgotten but now they think THIS is the one that will be a box office hit and bring back the money making R-rated comedy genre.

Jennifer Lawrence hasn’t had a hit movie in years and I think america is “over” her.

Anyone else hope it bombs? Thoughts, concerns? E-Rock, comment?

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
I would like R-rated comedies to come back, so I hope it’s a smash hit. That being said I’ve never seen a trailer or heard of it before this post, genuinely
I would to but I just don’t see it happening from a box office perspective like the studios think. People barely go to movies as it unless it’s a marvel or an established kids movie (usually kids movies were guaranteed box office hits but lately hasn’t been true) and seem to just wait until everything else is on streaming. People used to go to the movies just to see anything before all the streaming choices and those that still go are older and won’t be around much longer.

For example the Flash movie came out this past weekend (that had an ad during the Super Bowl) that so many super hero movie fans going crazy because Michael Keaton was Batman again didn’t do as well as expected and same with a Pixar movie.

HeyItsVos

Forum Clout
For example the Flash movie came out this past weekend (that had an ad during the Super Bowl) that so many super hero movie fans going crazy because Michael Keaton was Batman again didn’t do as well as expected and same with a Pixar movie.
I kept hearing people talk about this, but did anyone actually give a shit that Michael Keaton was coming back as Batman? I liked the movies when I was a kid, but I never wished to see Keaton as Batman again. And how can you be nostalgic when there’s been like 10 actors who have been Batman in your lifetime?

To your original point OP, I’ve seen a bunch of advertisements for this Jennifer Lawrence movie too. I don’t think it’ll be a hit. I feel studios have a tough grasp on identifying trends and moving on. Yeah, it would be in Hollywood’s best interest for low budget comedies to make the money they used to again, but the experience of watching a film like this through a streaming service is just as good and more convenient to the audience than watching it in a theater. And Jennifer Lawrence was never a box office draw. Her biggest hits were those movies based on popular kids’ books. People were going to see those no matter who starred in them.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
I kept hearing people talk about this, but did anyone actually give a shit that Michael Keaton was coming back as Batman? I liked the movies when I was a kid, but I never wished to see Keaton as Batman again. And how can you be nostalgic when there’s been like 10 actors who have been Batman in your lifetime?

To your original point OP, I’ve seen a bunch of advertisements for this Jennifer Lawrence movie too. I don’t think it’ll be a hit. I feel studios have a tough grasp on identifying trends and moving on. Yeah, it would be in Hollywood’s best interest for low budget comedies to make the money they used to again, but the experience of watching a film like this through a streaming service is just as good and more convenient to the audience than watching it in a theater. And Jennifer Lawrence was never a box office draw. Her biggest hits were those movies based on popular kids’ books. People were going to see those no matter who starred in them.
I just read the movie cost 70 million to make! Now I’m sure a major chunk of that cost is ads because I’ve been hearing about this movie for months - even leading off with an “R rated trailer” to show how RAUNCHY it is yet early reviews are saying that is a bit misleading of the actual movie.

I read a review that said the problem is like what you said, they don’t know what audience they want or what to even do with Jennifer Lawrence. In 2023 you really can’t do a “raunchy sex comedy” similar to what worked in the 80s and 90s due to changes in society and what is considered “appropriate” (no more guys trying to get laid movies) and people even point out if the genders were reserved it would be considered a problem by todays standards.

Also I’m not sure how movie theaters can even survive the next couple years, yes they have huge hits here and there but you’ve got weekends where the top movie only makes 12-15 million which years ago would be 3rd of 4th place. I’ve noticed they’re trying to get people back to theaters but that ship has sailed and people are fine with waiting to see a movie on streaming services.

Last edited:

Jims_Maroon_Pants

Joe's Filipino Supervisor
Forum Clout
I hope it bombs!

I’m sick of hearing about it and can’t believe Hollywood studios actually believe the “R-rated raunchy comedy” is coming back. We’re not even a month after “The Machine” tanked and was completely forgotten but now they think THIS is the one that will be a box office hit and bring back the money making R-rated comedy genre.

Jennifer Lawrence hasn’t had a hit movie in years and I think america is “over” her.

Anyone else hope it bombs? Thoughts, concerns? E-Rock, comment?
I never heard of the movie and I don't find Jennifer Lawrence attractive so I'm with you, I hope it bombs

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
I never heard of the movie and I don't find Jennifer Lawrence attractive so I'm with you, I hope it bombs
ive read it cost 70 million to make so that’s quite a big number to hit. Lawrence was shoved down the public’s throat when she first came out and her last movies have been flops. Plus she has said so many stupid things over the years (related to politics AND huge lies like female action stars weren’t a thing until her, etc) so I don’t even see how they’re trying to act like she’s still a big deal.

HeyItsVos

Forum Clout
I just read the movie cost 70 million to make! Now I’m sure a major chunk of that cost is ads because I’ve been hearing about this movie for months - even leading off with an “R rated trailer” to show how RAUNCHY it is yet early reviews are saying that is a bit misleading of the actual movie.

I read a review that said the problem is like what you said, they don’t know what audience they want or what to even do with Jennifer Lawrence. In 2023 you really can’t do a “raunchy sex comedy” similar to what worked in the 80s and 90s due to changes in society and what is considered “appropriate” (no more guys trying to get laid movies) and people even point out if the genders were reserved it would be considered a problem by todays standards.

Also I’m not sure how movie theaters can even survive the next couple years, yes they have huge hits here and there but you’ve got weekends where the top movie only makes 12-15 million which years ago would be 3rd of 4th place. I’ve noticed they’re trying to get people back to theaters but that ship has sailed and people are fine with waiting to see a movie on streaming services.
That budget is absurd. Even a good comedy wouldn’t necessarily make that back. It defeats the purpose of making this kind of film.

You’re also right about how a raunchy sex comedy can hardly survive in today’s climate. Despite all the advertisements, I still don’t fully understand what this movie is about. The boy is a loser and his parents hire Jennifer Lawrence to fuck him, but she kind of becomes his life coach?

I knew things were bad earlier this year when I was looking at the box office and Return of the Jedi was in the top 5 grossing movies one weekend. They had rereleased it. When I do go to the theaters (and I’m one of those people who actually does enjoy the theater experience) I do see advertisements for old films being played throughout the month. Like I could go see Raiders of the Lost Ark in a couple of weeks.