• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAW LEGEND OF ZELDA?

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Forum Clout
The fucked up thing is that windwaker was the last zelda game i played. I'd like to get around to playing the newer ones, what are the shitty gimmicks?
I don't remember the gimmick on Twilight Princess but Skyward Sword had you swinging the Wiimote around like a retard and no way to play it any other way. You even had to flick the nunchaku to block with the shield it was awful.

Zombie247

Go work. Get Sandwiches
Forum Clout
A Link to the Past
Links Awakening
Ocarina of Time
Wind Waker
Twilight Princess

Are the ones I have beaten. The first four I have gone back to. Not really bothered with Twilight Princess. Though I did enjoy it.
I couldn't get into Majora's Mask. But I'll try again

Skyward Sword I have no interest. If I have to play with Wii motes. "Well... bye"

With Metroid Prime Remastered release. I might pick up a Switch. But , BOTW & TOTK dont interest me.

bantadant

Fantastic Man
Forum Clout
A Link to the Past
Links Awakening
Ocarina of Time
Wind Waker
Twilight Princess

Are the ones I have beaten. The first four I have gone back to. Not really bothered with Twilight Princess. Though I did enjoy it.
I couldn't get into Majora's Mask. But I'll try again

Skyward Sword I have no interest. If I have to play with Wii motes. "Well... bye"

With Metroid Prime Remastered release. I might pick up a Switch. But , BOTW & TOTK dont interest me.
I think they added regular controls to Skyward Sword in the re-release

Zombie247

Go work. Get Sandwiches
Forum Clout
I dropped BOTW because of the stupid cooldown on the master sword. Who wants to carry around 100 inferior swords that break just because they slapped a 10 minute cooldown on the legendary sword that you spend half the game trying to get?

Does this game pull that same shit? Fucking stupid if you ask me!
"... cooldown on the master sword."

That's the final nail in the coffin. I'm never going to bother with BOTW. It's the Master Sword. How did they fuck that up.

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
Forum Clout
"... cooldown on the master sword."

That's the final nail in the coffin. I'm never going to bother with BOTW. It's the Master Sword. How did they fuck that up.
It’s literally insane. The whole series talks about how amazing this sword is and how the hero of time uses it to buttfuck the evil guys and blah blah blah and then you find out you can’t use it all the time because it has some stupid recharge period.

Pretend this is real life and you’re Link. You’re tasked with saving the world against this evil king, and your best bet is this legendary blade that basically no one can even remove from a stone or rock or some shit. You spend months building your strength to pull this fucker out.

Finally you get it. Finally you have what you need to vanquish evil forever. You start slaughtering tons of inferior enemies and then you find out this legendary blade shuts off and needs to be charged like your stupid iPhone.

HARD PASS

Billy Hollywood

Forum Clout
It’s literally insane. The whole series talks about how amazing this sword is and how the hero of time uses it to buttfuck the evil guys and blah blah blah and then you find out you can’t use it all the time because it has some stupid recharge period.

Pretend this is real life and you’re Link. You’re tasked with saving the world against this evil king, and your best bet is this legendary blade that basically no one can even remove from a stone or rock or some shit. You spend months building your strength to pull this fucker out.

Finally you get it. Finally you have what you need to vanquish evil forever. You start slaughtering tons of inferior enemies and then you find out this legendary blade shuts off and needs to be charged like your stupid iPhone.

HARD PASS
Immagine if you only had one sword, one shield and one bow during the whole game, how boring would that be? If you played it, you would see that there's no need to use the master sword all the time, there's elemental swords (fire, ice, electric), spears, clubs, two handed swords, hammers, hoes, mops, all sorts of stuff that you can have fun using. Besides, after you get Urbosa's Fury+, you can pretty much strike (hard) every enemy around you (simultaneously) with any sword, even with a 5 power traveler's sword.

Billy Hollywood

Forum Clout
It's the Master fucking Sword!

Thanks for the info. Baffled why they went with that. I get it, with other weapons.
I answered above. Before playing, I thought the whole weapon's durability was a gamebreaker, after playing it, I got why they did it this way. I vouch for both BOTW and TOTK, if you have any interest in videogames and don't give this two games a shot, you are really missing out.
These games are so good, expansive and with so much detail, it's hard to believe how they were capable of achieving this, specially when you consider it all had to be written in code.

Zombie247

Go work. Get Sandwiches
Forum Clout
I answered above. Before playing, I thought the whole weapon's durability was a gamebreaker, after playing it, I got why they did it this way. I vouch for both BOTW and TOTK, if you have any interest in videogames and don't give this two games a shot, you are really missing out.
These games are so good, expansive and with so much detail, it's hard to believe how they were capable of achieving this, specially when you consider it all had to be written in code.
Souls games & Dying Light (Off the top of head, durability play) are fine. I can work with that. I can't get past the legendary sword is in the ranks of "Charge up"

Do you still need it to beat Ganon?

bantadant

Fantastic Man
Forum Clout
They aren't people. I will say I never got into BotW but am already hooked on TotK. Not sure why since it's basically the same thing.
Same, dude. Building shit is just too much fun even though I thought I'd hate that mechanic