• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAW expiration dates?

Brooke Shields

Patrick Tomlinson hates me because I am a woman
Forum Clout
of the people i've asked, more of them throw shit out if they're past the expiration date than I would think. But also I'm a dirty motherfucker.
It's never about money, but more about experimentation and laziness.

Milk for example, I only know from experience that it's still good like 2 weeks after the expiration date. Unless it's chunky or smells I don't care, but I've only seen that once and once was enough. Sure i've discovered mold on things, but I'm a bachelor or a scientist or whatever makes that acceptable.
I argued with a girlfriend once over throwing out a bunch of beef I knew was still "good" but was a couple of days past the date. It wasn't slimey or anything.

What else have you tried?

Stent

jewery duty
Forum Clout
You know what never expires? Jokes about 1950s NASA.

Anthony-Cumia-Big-Jay-roast-8327.jpg

Uhh yeah uhh lotta white people uhh lotta white people here today huh looks like one of those uh uh uh...

DiarrheaDick

Get up here and shut up!
Forum Clout
It depends on what it is and where I got it from. Most anything from a box I'll still use well after expiration. Same applies to canned and jarred stuff that hasn't been opened or dented. I ignore expiration on milk and use it until smells off. Same with meat. With meat, I've found that one store I get it from tends to go bad literally the day after the printed expiration. Another place I consistently get another week beyond it's toss date. Walmart does something weird with their meat as it takes forever to spoil and none of their meat (chicken, pork, beef, fish) has any flavor. It's like they irradiate all the flavor out along with the bacteria they intended to kill off. Their vegetables suck an ass too. Do people who regularly shop at Walmart actually cook?

Dog Eater

Paint Tin ASMR Enjoyer
Forum Clout
Do people who regularly shop at Walmart actually cook?
When I did: no.

Milk where I live is full cream so the expiration date is usually pretty bang on. I don’t fuck with it.

Expiration dates on pills are total bullshit to sell more pills.

I throw out expired canned food on the principle that if I haven’t eaten it in 4 fucking years I’m probably not going to.

Expiration dates on honey (real honey not corn syrup American goyslop) are total bullshit, you can eat it years past the date.

Meat you should just smell and look at it. I’ve seen meat on the shelf at the store I wouldn’t eat and I’ve eaten meat 3 days past its date.

Pizza can be left unrefrigerated on the kitchen table and be safely eaten 3 days later. I did this for years.

Pita bread will go mouldy before you get it home.

Prince Bvstin

Forum Clout
I never check the date on anything*. They don't put expiration dates on fruit because you can look at it and see it's good. Same goes for any other food group stupids. I did once drink soda with gray fluff bobbing in it and a few sandwiches with blue fur on i noticed after taking a bite but i didn't die. Rotting meat is common fare where i live, nobody gives a shit.

When I'm buying food I'll reach to the back of the shelves and lift trays to find the longest expiration date stuff but that's just common sense

Jenna

The Mix 94.9 $3000 Fugitive
Forum Clout
Growing up my diet was a lot of expired food, because my parents thought why pay $2 for a fresh, soft loaf of bread when you can pay $1 for a moldy, stiff loaf of bread? I'd always have a stomachache and feel nauseous which I felt was just normal human behavior and not perpetual food poisoning.

My college years were a lot of Chef Boyardee and fast food because that was "safe", but when I actually started cooking like an adult I get super super aggressive about throwing out expired food. Being perpetually sick and not enjoying food so you can save a buck or two on groceries is not the life I wanna live.