• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAW Del Griffith?

Kim_Jong_Poon_

Yes. I had cyber sex sessions with Leslie.
Forum Clout
I loved the shit out of this guy from the movie. But at some point I knew a real life version of him who always did wrong while trying to do right.

Screenshot_20221121-225127_Chrome.jpg

EraGodless

Forum Clout
I hadn't actually seen it until two years ago. I just figured it wouldn't hold up and I'd hate it. Watched it on Thanksgiving that year, and was quite happy to be wrong. Probably John Hughes' best movie.

He wrote Vacation- that's basically a toss up with Plains, Trains, and Automobiles. Both excellent movies and they have aged really well.

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
Forum Clout
Wasn't Due Date basically a remake of PT&A? Except it didn't work because RDJ was just an unlikeable dick. At least Neil page you could under all his issues he was a decent man. Also it's tough to play a character like Del who is annoying but still likeable.

I remember reading there was a longer version of the movie, like an hour that was cut and I wanted to see that. Explains some continuity issues, like I'm pretty sure one of them has a black eye in one scene with no explanation why

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
I opened this thread worried you miserable fucks would try to ruin this beautiful movie, but I'm pleasantly surprised.
I watch it every thanksgiving and it is what I would call a near perfect movie. The music kinda dates it but other than that it’s incredible.

I’ve read the original directors cut was close to 3 hours and they just cut out large parts without doing many re-shoots. For example the guy the robs them actually was a pizza guy that Candy tipped in change, the vibrating bed actually shook up Candy’s beers that exploded when he opened them, when they get pulled over they actually get arrested and Steve punches Candy (explains why Del has a black eye in the last part) and a couple other things.

But the biggest stuff they cut out was a running plot that Neal is actually cheating on his wife and “Del” is actually a woman since Neal would never travel and room with a complete stranger like he did. That’s why when she sees him she’s so relived and why Neal introduces Del with the music and all.

Another major scene that they cut was Neal and Del getting coffee together after Neal realized Neal doesn’t have a place to go and Del tells Neal about his wife. He tells him they wanted to have kids but she couldn’t, then she got sick and how after she died her family stopped taking to him, his own family he doesn’t talk to, etc.
The scene sounds like it was incredible and Martin has said it was some of the best emotion acting he’s ever seen from Candy. Really wish they would have some directors cut or release the cut scenes because they sound great.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
Wasn't Due Date basically a remake of PT&A? Except it didn't work because RDJ was just an unlikeable dick. At least Neil page you could under all his issues he was a decent man. Also it's tough to play a character like Del who is annoying but still likeable.

I remember reading there was a longer version of the movie, like an hour that was cut and I wanted to see that. Explains some continuity issues, like I'm pretty sure one of them has a black eye in one scene with no explanation why
Yes, when they get pulled over originally they get arrested and Neal punches Del and gives him a black eye which he has the rest of the movie. When they’re pulled over originally the cop tells them they missed Chicago and are hours off the right way Neal gets mad at Del for screwing up and they fight.

Edit - I was wrong, they end up in jail and the car impounded and while in jail Del tells Neal the burned up car is in Neal’s name and he punches him.