• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAW can openers probably sending shitloads of microscopic metal shards into the "food"?

Smeckler's Powder

Sweet powder eases the pain
Forum Clout
Eating food from a can? What are you, poor (and five)?

All our cans have those rings on them now I think, I dunno if I even have a can opener. If it weren't were pasta sauce I wouldn't buy any cans really, but I'm a slave to the diced tomato Jew because I'm too lazy to do it myself. I'm getting sick of the acidity tbcfhwy

It's rare but every time it happens I think about it I get :(

Although, the dough myself and @LockedHDD__Pot are gonna be rolling in is gonna have me :)

Feehan's Fart Box

DEAD HEAT! You die, you come back to rife!
Forum Clout

All our cans have those rings on them now I think, I dunno if I even have a can opener. If it weren't were pasta sauce I wouldn't buy any cans really, but I'm a slave to the diced tomato Jew because I'm too lazy to do it myself. I'm getting sick of the acidity tbcfhwy

Da secret to a good sawrce brothaman is adding about half a teaspoon of sugar as you cook it for a few hours. Cuts down on the acidity a lil' bit, like my mudda would make, gawd bless.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Forum Clout

Adding some sugar takes away some of the acidity.

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
Da secret to a good sawrce brothaman is adding about half a teaspoon of sugar as you cook it for a few hours. Cuts down on the acidity a lil' bit, like my mudda would make, gawd bless.
Adding some sugar takes away some of the acidity.
Okay, but I need this clarified: adding sugar to canned tomatoes breaks down the acidity? I trust that it works.

The problem with that, sweetie, is that diced tomatoes already have a fairly high sugar content (to preserve them, I guess). Fresh tomatoes are not particularly high in sugar or carbs.

I think my problem is that I'm lazy, and I should just dice my own tomatoes. It's not economical because it's more time consuming and costs more, and I don't want to put a great effort into a meal I don't consider healthy in the first place.

My dad's trick is, he "waters down" the tomatoes and puree with vegetable stock. It may be a good system, but he also adds pepper, oregano, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, etc. so I don't know which way the wind is blowing here. His bolognese is impeccable, but it's a fucking science experiment sometimes.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Forum Clout
Okay, but I need this clarified: adding sugar to canned tomatoes breaks down the acidity? I trust that it works.

The problem with that, sweetie, is that diced tomatoes already have a fairly high sugar content (to preserve them, I guess). Fresh tomatoes are not particularly high in sugar or carbs.

I think my problem is that I'm lazy, and I should just dice my own tomatoes. It's not economical because it's more time consuming and costs more, and I don't want to put a great effort into a meal I don't consider healthy in the first place.

My dad's trick is, he "waters down" the tomatoes and puree with vegetable stock. It may be a good system, but he also adds pepper, oregano, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, etc. so I don't know which way the wind is blowing here. His bolognese is impeccable, but it's a fucking science experiment sometimes.
@Fat Cunt and I need to tell our muddas this information.

Feehan's Fart Box

DEAD HEAT! You die, you come back to rife!
Forum Clout

pWIpLqBY3RZl.jpg

You afraid of a lil' suga???

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
@Fat Cunt and I need to tell our muddas this information.
I'm telling you: go look up the ingredients etc. on a cheap can of tomatoes, they're already dumping sugar in the shit! That's why I'm like, "huh, add more sugar to it?" It's not a negligible amount of sugar, it's egregious.

I grew up with old school Greeks and Italians, and they took care of their tomatoes better than they did their stupid fah-king kids. There's gotta be a reason for it.

(Also all the old wops had mini-distilleries and they'd be the reason fire trucks would get called in, trying to make grappa in a fucking backyard shed. lol imagine living near some wop who would constantly have a machine explode because he didn't know he was making explosive gasoline alcohol in a shed)

bantadant

Fantastic Man
Forum Clout

I think vanilla extract cuts the acidity too, but it's easy to add too much. I've made sauce with it a few times and I thought it was good, but my wife hated it