• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Why would anyone intern at O&A?

HeyItsVos

Forum Clout
They would joke on air that Steve C was going to shoot the place up like Columbine. And that the court would play tapes of them mocking Steve C and then the judge would say "well what did you expect?". KC Armstrong had manic episodes on Stern and was ultimately let go because of drugs. AJ Benza was banned from Stern for a few years for going into the backroom and slapping Stuttering John in the mouth. And Artie notoriously fought with several people across his tenure and was ultimately fired over drugs and violence.
I remember watching that Benza slap on the E! show. Poor Gary took part of it since he was standing in the middle with the mic.

AJ sitting in studio thinking he could ignore Tom when he was being asked to leave was hilarious. He bought too much into Howard’s “fuck management” schtick and didn’t realize who the actual boss was.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
Forum Clout
I'm pretty sure that, outside of the first batch of interns, 90% didn't know what kind of program they were signing up for until they got interviewed, and at that point they'd be inclined to handwave the caveats in order to get the gig. By the time they figured out just how degenerate the show really was, the best course of action would be to grit your teeth and ride it out for the college credit and job experience.

That was Travis, supposedly accidentally. They still banned him from interacting with the interns and that became something of a running gag on the show.

Lily from R&F also worked for Wease, as well as the girl intern O&A had later if I'm not mistaken. That intern from the tomato bit years earlier also got a job somewhere else

There's a lotta unsubstantiated rumors about Opie going behind the scenes to get people fired, but the only thing that's in evidence is him going out of his way to get people gigs or prevent them from losing the one they got.
Travis said it was an accident in a very joking matter. Ironically that was Stevie’s last on air appearance. Troy is a decent actor because he was somewhat convincing that Stevie’s mom was hot.

Queefer Sutherland

Fix me, Josh!
Forum Clout
Interns are people you can abuse and face no legal consequences. Doesn't matter how big the corporation, or how progressive their image. Nana gets fired for saying nigger, but I bet if he called an intern a nigger he would have kept his job.

WhereWeAt

Forum Clout

WhereWeAt

Forum Clout
I believe Opie got Matt another intern position with Wease. Matt obviously fucked that up cause within a year he was delivering pizzas in Florida and had already tried and given up on stand up.

I remember Sal appearing on Erock’s show a few years ago and was told off air about certain allegations they received of Matt. I don’t know if this was before he interned with OnA or if they occurred while with Wease. But I remember that Aftershow call Matt gave back in 2013 and it was clear everyone hated him.

Is this Occupy Wall Street Matt? What type of accusations?

Stent

jewery duty
Forum Clout
Any intern with a spark of self-reliance or ability wouldn't be hired. I'm sure there were fans who tried to do what Eastside Dave did to get on the show only to be denied even a shot. It's incredible how every single person there was thin-skinned and assumed everyone was a threat to them.

Interns being in higher education while the show was mostly borderline illiterates needled Jim and Nana especially.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
Any intern with a spark of self-reliance or ability wouldn't be hired. I'm sure there were fans who tried to do what Eastside Dave did to get on the show only to be denied even a shot.
Pat Duffy famously did this. Where he was 'stunt boy' for his internship then was a denied a job due to Sam blocking him essentially.
It's incredible how every single person there was thin-skinned and assumed everyone was a threat to them.
An intern ended up replacing Opie. And they were all constantly backstabbing each other. Like Master Po tried to get multiple people fired. Steve C complained to management to try to get people fired repeatedly. Mars was rumored to have gotten a few people fired outright from Sirius not just O&A. XM suspended them and Sirius fired their executive producer position just to mess with the show. I remember Kenny calling one of the producers "cheese eater" because when he was an intern he wrote someone up to management and was therefore a rat. Roland complained to management and had Opie fired.

No one respected anyone's boundaries. Master Po was not on air talent but they endlessly messed with him and even stole from him. Steve C was the executive in the office but staff would berate him nonstop. Opie recorded Roland taking a shit without his permission. Norton raped an unconscious woman in front of everyone. Interns were bullied to the point where human resources had to monitor them for an entire year. It was a free for all on the show most of the time. Even Stern had huge issues with his staff over the years that caused massive problems but he always got a pass.

But to be fair, O&A had been fired and suspended a million times. You might as well protect yourself and your career. After they fired Steve C it should have been obvious that anyone could be fired for literally no reason. It should be obvious why cretins and backstabbers like Sam or even Jim rose to the top, because they were preparing for the inevitable implosion of the show. And having to work without both Opie and Anthony one day.

DiarrheaDick

Get up here and shut up!
Forum Clout
Anthony used to say he'd only know the names of the fuck ups, which was basically saying he treated them like servants. I'm sure he was exaggerating a bit but way to not know the person who serves you your food every morning, and I cannot fathom Anthony ever pulling some strings to get someone hired.
Pretty sure he also bragged a few times about making a point to not make eye-contact with any interns who handed him food or beverages. Nevermind trying to remember their names.

Bernard Murphy

Jackie Singh has BPD
Forum Clout
I remember Kenny calling one of the producers "cheese eater" because when he was an intern he wrote someone up to management and was therefore a rat.

That was Sal, who they later hired. Sal was getting all the work because Matt wasn't doing anything, as well as having to go serve the show their eggs. The producers kept giving Sal more work to do because he was competent, and felt like he shouldn't be doing everyone's work, so he complained to Erock, the intern boss. Erock was ineffectual was usual, so he went to Travis the not-executive-producer. Travis isn't allowed to interact with interns so he kicked it up to Don Gary (oops) and then it became a shitshow.

Here's the link:

IDidThisForYou

Posting in the bakowza
Forum Clout
Is this Occupy Wall Street Matt? What type of accusations?
The very same. I’ll have to find the video again but the two spend some time trashing Matt and Erik claims he received word from another station Matt worked at that 1 or 2 females working there made some accusations. Erik then told Sal off air what those accusations were, and Sal said they were pretty fucked up.

Again this is second hand knowledge from a video I’m vaguely remembering from a few years ago, so I probably fucked some shit up.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
Forum Clout
Any intern with a spark of self-reliance or ability wouldn't be hired. I'm sure there were fans who tried to do what Eastside Dave did to get on the show only to be denied even a shot. It's incredible how every single person there was thin-skinned and assumed everyone was a threat to them.

Interns being in higher education while the show was mostly borderline illiterates needled Jim and Nana especially.
Pat Duffy showed up for free every day after his internship until Sirius told him to stop.