• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Why doesn't someone invent a smaller pack of cigarettes?

JamesJCrowe

Forum Clout
When I was a kid they sold Marlboro & maybe other brands in small 5 packs, the same size they used to put in military rations. I don't remember what they cost, sometimes when I'd buy a pack at a sleazy gas station they'd give me 4 of those 5 packs instead. I think they came with a free lighter. I'm old.

Rutherford_b_Blaze

Massachusetts State Senator
Forum Clout
Looks like they banned them to curb young people smoking cigs... But I'm not sure it has that effect. People smoke/eat/drink however much they have. Government is smart!
Same reason why they banned menthol cigarettes in Massachusetts. Kids don't smoke anymore. They vape. So people just drive to New Hampshire or know the small Indian stores where they sell them illegally under the counter.

G

Used to buy em all the time when I had no money. You'd be seen as a jakie fuck for buying 10 decks. It literally did nothing to stop people starting and actually made it harder to quit because it cuts the time you have no smokes and think "fuck it, I'm quitting" in half. I only use them for joints now so only really buy a pack every week or so. I have a vape but it's a hassle and makes me look like a fanny
Yep, "10 B&H please" was something I said several times a week in the last couple of years at school.

bantadant

Fantastic Man
Forum Clout
Anyone smoke a pipe here at all? I know it's a faggy hipster thing to do these days, but fucking pipe tobacco smells good as hell

G

One time I was at the airport store where they sell cartons of cigarettes and this guy was reading the message on them. Goes “Smoking seriously harms you and others around you. Ok I’ll take ten!”
Had me howling. Still steal that line sometimes
I was in Amsterdam years ago and was walking around stoned in the afternoon. Stopped for a minute to watch some street performer who had attracted a large crowd. Can't remember what he was doing, but he was talking a lot in English. While he was setting up his stunt or whatever he said "my father wanted me to be a lawyer, these days he tells people I'm an accountant, because no one ever asks any more questions after you tell them your kid is an accountant" which is a pretty funny line. The crowd laughed.

Without missing a beat, this middle-aged American guy next to me says, "That's what you think. He probably tells people you're dead."

I haven't laughed harder many times before or since. Most of the other people who heard it tutted at him and looked at me, tears streaming down my cheeks, doubled over hitching for breath, like I was the opposite of human.

JoshFromMichigan

I miss Norm
Forum Clout
You're a man of culture @USA IN DISTRESS , so I don't imagine you frequent these places but you can buy a "Lucy" (loose cigarette) at any hood liquor store. If you ever see someone buy one, they argue about the price no matter what. "75 cents for one square? Sheeeeeit"

LockedHDD__Pot

Forum Clout
Someone can verify this, but I heard in the UK you could buy individual cigarettes from the tobacconist.

IMO you should buy pouch tobacco and roll a few before you drink. You can buy little gadgets/machines that do it for you if you suck at it.
Nah, UK changed the law so you can only buy 20 cigs / 2oz tobacco minimum, both highly taxed.
Stupid & made me smoke more, it's the only 'out of control' addiction I've ever had - meaning I'll light-up autonomously even though I consciously try to avoid it

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
Forum Clout
Who needs 20 cigarettes if they're just drinking a few beers and want to have a couple smokes? Why doesn't someone invent a little $3 pack of 4 cigarettes?

I always find myself buzzed and wanting some, but I don't want to buy a whole pack... just have a few and call it a week. Na mean?
i'll tell you why, because you drink, you buy a pack, smoke some then you have whats left. inevitably you'll smoke what's left and then need to buy more when you're drunk.