• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Why do people pay for stuff like Audible?

Forum Clout
Audible has got to have the worst business model imaginable. You pay a monthly subscription to only be able to read one (1) book a month. I don't mind paying a few bucks a month if it lets me read whatever I want from the library, this is just mystifyingly retarded.

Makes every book choice too big of a decision.

EDIT - I should know actually. I've wasted a few picks. :image_9253:

Screenshot_20230324-110513.jpg

Last edited:

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
Forum Clout
Makes every book choice too big of a decision.

EDIT - I should know actually. I've wasted a few picks. :image_9253:

View attachment 104278
I did the free trial thing a while back and I was fucking baffled when I wanted to try a second book out and the app wouldn't let me. I legitimately thought I must've done something wrong somewhere. When I figured out that this was just the way their system worked, I cancelled that nonsense immediately.

I'm switched to Scribd and it's way better. Cheaper and I can read and listen to whatever they have in their respectable library. I have no idea how people can take Audible's shit when no other audiobook company does it as horribly as they do, and when at the end of the day all of this shit is free anyway if you're willing to look for it.

Rutherford_b_Blaze

Massachusetts State Senator
Forum Clout
I find a lot of good random audiobooks on YouTube. It's just background noise when I don't feel like listening to music though. If I'm serious about it I'll read the actual book.